Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MICHIGAN > Michigan Prison & Jail Specific Discussions > Michigan Reception & Guidance Centers and SAI Boot Camp
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Michigan Reception & Guidance Centers and SAI Boot Camp Michigan Prison Intake and Boot Camp Information forum.

Old 11-27-2009, 05:49 PM
Highly Favored

Question How Many Calls Are Allowed Per Day at Reception?

I was just wondering how many phone calls the inmates are allowed to make while at RGC. Once they get the pin number and are allowed to call out, can they call people more than once a day? Thanks guys, I tried to search the threads but I couldn't find my answer.

Last edited by sisnik; 11-27-2009 at 05:54 PM.. Reason: worded wrong
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2009, 09:29 PM

The guys only get yard time a few times a week. It's not even every day. And since they only get it once a day, when they do get it, there is always such a long line to use the phones since every guy in there has a priority to use the phone. They can get on a list to use the phone inside but then there is an officer telling them when their time is up and must hang up for the next one in line. They would be able to call back when their 15 min's are up but there is always someone behind them to use the phone. When they get transferred and have more time and freedom there is more availability to call back as many times as they need to and there isn't always someone behind you waiting to use the phone like at RGC.
Old 11-27-2009, 09:50 PM
Highly Favored

OMG so many stipulations on everything. Oh well thats life huh?! Thanks Juls.

sisnik
Old 11-30-2009, 09:06 PM

Is there anything we can do on the outside to make the calling easier or more economical from RGC? I saw something about a phone card on JPay and someone mentioned them getting a PIN. Also wondered if the card/JPay account transfers with them to whichever facility they are assigned. Very new to all this.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:21 PM

Through Correctional Billing a 15 minute call is just under $2.00. I don't think you can find it much cheaper. They can buy calling cards from store but I'm not sure of the cost. Everything transfers with them- once they are assigned their phone PIN, the phone list, money in their accounts, etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to Troy'sfriend For This Useful Post:
rswposts (12-01-2009)
Old 11-30-2009, 09:28 PM
Highly Favored

Quote:
Originally Posted by rswposts View Post
Is there anything we can do on the outside to make the calling easier or more economical from RGC? I saw something about a phone card on JPay and someone mentioned them getting a PIN. Also wondered if the card/JPay account transfers with them to whichever facility they are assigned. Very new to all this.

Like Troy'sfriend said, the calls are really cheap. When my baby calls me through his calling account its only 2-3 bucks and I assume its the same if he calls collect. All you have to do is keep money on their accounts and they can transfer it to their phone account to call prepaid. I'm loving the prepaid because I only use the money on my phone through CBS for emergencies only. Also, he is able to call his family prepaid and they don't even have a service set up through CBS so that's cool.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:47 AM

My guy sed they have yard about 3 times a week, and so far everytime he's called me from yard he's been able to call me back right after the 15 mins were up, sometimes more than once He said they are supposed to only be allowed to sign up for the inside phones once a week, but they've been letting him sign up almost everyday. I guess it just depends on how much demand there is for the phones it doesn't seem like very many people are tryin to use the phones at yard really and when he uses the inside phone he signs up for the last time so there's no one after him and he can keep callin me back.. I love it <3