Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal System News, Events and Legal Issues
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal System News, Events and Legal Issues News & Events relating to the U.S. Federal Bureau of Prisons, U.S. Courts, Department of Justice and any legal questions you may have dealing with the Federal system.

Old 09-25-2012, 11:11 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 8,380 Times in 4,637 Posts
Default FCI Miami Lockdown 9/25

Heard a report that FCI Miami is on lockdown and visitation cancelled. Lots of BOP vehicles patrolling the perimeters and trucks like UPS being turned away.

Call before trying to visit to see if still on lockdown, though the report is that they are not currently answering the phones.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zelda50 For This Useful Post:
1bird2 (09-26-2012), BreezyBaby (09-25-2012)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2012, 08:33 PM

Exclamation FCI Miam on Lockdown Day 2

I can confirm that and it is now on the second day. This seems highly irregular for an institution of this level. Low with the Camp adjacent and both on lockdown with no communication to the outside via email, phone, visits or calls being accepted by the institution.

Anyone with any ideas on how to find out what is going on?
Old 09-26-2012, 10:02 AM

Exclamation Day 3

Wow! I've talked to others who say nothing like this has happened here in some 18 years! Sure wish we could find a way to verify that our loved ones are okay
Old 09-26-2012, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptiveAudience View Post
I can confirm that and it is now on the second day. This seems highly irregular for an institution of this level. Low with the Camp adjacent and both on lockdown with no communication to the outside via email, phone, visits or calls being accepted by the institution.

Anyone with any ideas on how to find out what is going on?

It may be an investigation. I heard that an inmate passed away the other day.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8er View Post
It may be an investigation. I heard that an inmate passed away the other day.
any more news today ? Not had a word from FCI since the 23rd.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:55 PM

No, and I usually get 4-6 emails a day from him.
Old 09-26-2012, 03:42 PM

Smile Miami FCI day 3

Hello everyone, I was fortunate to talk with my husband who is in the camp, they cancelled all visits for this weekend, fri, sat , and sun... They will be on lock down till further notice, the word in there is that someone tried to escape from the low facility,,, not sure if anyone passed away,, he didnt tell me anything about that,, if i hear anything else i will sure post,, new to prison talk,,,
Old 09-26-2012, 03:48 PM

Default Miami FCI

all i know is that my hubby told me today that all visits will be cancelled for this weekend,, they are still on lock down, cant email, or even get something to eat, they are bringing sandwiches to their units,he sounded extremely bored and frustrated, asked me to mail him out some magazine to get there before friday,,, but he is ok and im sure everyone else loved one are ok too,, its unfortunate, but everyone has to pay the price,, hope this info helps
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceM View Post
any more news today ? Not had a word from FCI since the 23rd.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:06 PM

My husband told me that guards smell some cigarette smoke, nobody in knows exactly why they are lockdown, I was traveling this weekend with family members to see him after 4 months. All cancelled now.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:14 PM

Default Miami Camp

sorry to hear that
Old 09-26-2012, 04:51 PM

I heard that the e-mails are working but no outdoors time and other things are limited. Visits are off for the weekend. I guess someone had tried to escape.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:55 PM

Exclamation Emails

trust me if the emails were working my hubby would have sent me 10 by now,,he is only able to use the phone,, the computers are in another building and they are on lock down,, they cant leave anywhere,
Old 09-26-2012, 09:33 PM

Exclamation FCI Miami - Lockdown Day 3

Camp came off of part of the lockdown sometime on Tuesday but I do not believe they are getting more than access to email and phones - no yard or outside activities.

The Low portion came partially off of lockdown in some units - possibly not all - at about 4pm but only until 8:30pm and they were only released from their rooms into their units so they could finally shower and eat hot meals (microwaves). They were also allowed to use the phones and computers for emails but you can imagine the lines and the priorities for all of these.

I can confirm that it was an escape attempt but no further details. I can only assume (which is always dangerous) that it occured in the low and that any unit not coming partially off of the lockdown may have been more involved.

Information on visitation seems consistent that it is cancelled through the weekend and Monday is questionable. Call the institution at 305-259-2100 to confirm that there is visitation before coming. Although they may not answer.

If you do not get an answer from the institution for this problem or other problems you can also call Southeast Regional Office at 678-686-1200 and ask for their assistance and for information. I actually found them to be much more helpful though no one wanted to say much of anything from an instituional point of view.

If you call FCI Miami they will neither confirm nor deny that the institution was/is on any form of lockdown - for security reasons of course. Though they may reluctantly admit that the systems are down for phone and email contact with the inmates. Not sure who they think they are fooling. At least Regional is willing to confirm they are on lockdown. Though both were willing to commit that no inmates had been injured. Getting that answer kind of helps to know that it was not likely a fight or a riot but more likely a security matter of some kind.

As to how long this will last, they were told by the Warden that it is on a day by day basis! So this is not over yet and getting communication with them today may not mean we will get it tomorrow. Our thoughts and prayers need to be with them. I have heard with the boards still on the windows from the earlier storm threat that some of the rooms are making the inmates feel like where they are is even worse than being in the SHU. Cold meals and no showers. I can only imagine how difficult a dark room is where the only way they know whether it is day or night is by looking at their watches!
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptiveAudience For This Useful Post:
Serenidad (09-26-2012)
Old 10-03-2012, 09:08 PM

Hey everyone, I am not new to the whole prison thing, but state prison is definitely a whole lot different than Federal prison. I just recently found my friend at the female satellite camp located here at FCI Miami. I know my post does not go along with y'alls' previous discussion, but I was wondering if anyome can give me any information? Such as communication, like how I can do this, also just some general info about the prison itself. Thanks!
Old 01-12-2016, 01:33 PM

Default fci miami

I tried calling but no answer phone rings no one picks up. Still on lockdown, went to the facility, but no luck they continue to say call before going. If anyone hears anything different please let us know, Thank you all kindly
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to salem talk For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (01-12-2016), luvinchuny (01-13-2016)
Old 01-13-2016, 01:24 PM
Luvin him Unconditionally

I don't even think they're allowing snail mail either. I haven't received a letter. Nothing since Thursday afternoon. I tried going to visit this weekend but they said only the camp was open for visitation. This is horrible! If anyone has any info, please share.

Old 01-14-2016, 10:27 AM

Default Fci Miami

Have heard various stories and non or them are nice, Maybe we all need to show up and just say we want to know what is going on or we can call the news cast or write to the warden. It seems like we are sitting ducks with our hands tied down and can not help our loved ones. Are there any suggestions out there in a situation like this! The anxiety and the worry is horrible. I pray they are all safe. may God Bless them and take care of them for all of us. Please write and share if you have any news.
The Following User Says Thank You to salem talk For This Useful Post:
luvinchuny (01-14-2016)
Old 01-14-2016, 11:12 AM

Ok Got some news. They are on lockdown because of a large fight. The lockdown will last two weeks. That the latest I know. Keep praying that this is correct and God Bless All.
fbopnomore (01-14-2016), luvinchuny (01-14-2016)
Old 01-14-2016, 11:14 AM

The camp is off lockdown for now. So if you have someone there I think you can visit, please call first, as you know, anything can happen. Thanks again to all, your concern really helps to know I am not alone.
fbopnomore (01-14-2016), luvinchuny (01-14-2016)
Old 01-14-2016, 01:53 PM

Yes, I heard the same thing. No visit this weekend either. They told me it's a full lockdown - It's frustrating!

If I hear anything else or if I have a letter waiting for me at home, I'll let everyone know.

Prayers up for all our guys in there on lockdown and for all of us out here that are worried.

The Following User Says Thank You to luvinchuny For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (01-14-2016)
Old 01-14-2016, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvinchuny View Post
Yes, I heard the same thing. No visit this weekend either. They told me it's a full lockdown - It's frustrating!

If I hear anything else or if I have a letter waiting for me at home, I'll let everyone know.

Prayers up for all our guys in there on lockdown and for all of us out here that are worried.
There was a huge fight between Puerto Ricans and blacks ... More like a riot ... 3 buses of inmates were transferred to FDC in downtown Miami .... If you want to know if your loved is still in FCI MIAMI or if they were transferred because they were involved ... Go to the BOP website and do an inmate search using their name or inmate number ... The database is updated every night at midnight ... Whoever is still at FCI MIAMI is ok .... But it's a very strict lockdown ... No phones, emails or visits ... They can only leave there room twice a week to take a shower .... THAT IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN TOLD AS FAR AS THEIR CURRENT CIRCUMSTANCES .... The only thing I could confirm with a correctional officer is that ... Everyone is safe and to check database on the bop website if your concerned that they have been relocated ... HOPE THIS HELPS
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kitkat03 For This Useful Post:
C'sgirl123 (01-18-2016), fbopnomore (01-15-2016), luvinchuny (01-15-2016)
Old 01-14-2016, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitkat03 View Post
There was a huge fight between Puerto Ricans and blacks ... More like a riot ... 3 buses of inmates were transferred to FDC in downtown Miami .... If you want to know if your loved is still in FCI MIAMI or if they were transferred because they were involved ... Go to the BOP website and do an inmate search using their name or inmate number ... The database is updated every night at midnight ... Whoever is still at FCI MIAMI is ok .... But it's a very strict lockdown ... No phones, emails or visits ... They can only leave there room twice a week to take a shower .... THAT IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN TOLD AS FAR AS THEIR CURRENT CIRCUMSTANCES .... The only thing I could confirm with a correctional officer is that ... Everyone is safe and to check database on the bop website if your concerned that they have been relocated ... HOPE THIS HELPS

Oh and also the OFFICER confirmed that if our loved ones were injured ... The family would have been made aware ...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kitkat03 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (01-15-2016), luvinchuny (01-15-2016), salem talk (01-15-2016)
Old 01-15-2016, 10:27 AM

Lockdown is lifted!! I just got a call from my husband saying everything that KITKAT just mentioned above. They transferred about 100 people.There was a huge fight in the yard. He was told there would be no visit this weekend but to call the day of visit just to confirm.

The Following User Says Thank You to luvinchuny For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (01-15-2016)
Old 01-15-2016, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvinchuny View Post
Lockdown is lifted!! I just got a call from my husband saying everything that KITKAT just mentioned above. They transferred about 100 people.There was a huge fight in the yard. He was told there would be no visit this weekend but to call the day of visit just to confirm.
My love also called me!! I am so relieved!!! Thank god we are able to communicate with them ... I called BOP and they said NO VISIT until further notice .... I hope tomorrow that changes ...

I hope all that were affected by this are just as RELIEVED as I am ... And I truly think this website is a blessing ... Great support system !!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kitkat03 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (01-15-2016), luvinchuny (01-18-2016)
Old 01-18-2016, 08:43 AM

They're still on lockdown. I think they were able to get out just that day - at least they were able to use the phone and let us know they're alright. The last email I received was at around 3pm on Friday telling me they were going back to lockdown until Monday at least. I hope they let them out soon :/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luvinchuny For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (01-18-2016), salem talk (01-18-2016)