Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OKLAHOMA > Oklahoma Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oklahoma Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Oklahoma.

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2004, 08:39 PM

Default Does anyone have information on the william s key facility in woodward?

hello, does anybody have any innformation on the william s key facility in woodward, oklahoma? when a inmate gets transferred there how long before you can receive a phone call from him
& how long before you can receive mail from him? I haven't heard from him in 3 weeks?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2004, 07:47 AM

Unless there are two William S. Key facilities in Oklahoma, the one that I know about is in Ft. Supply. My brother was there for almost a year and just recently moved because of his medical condition. (terminal Stage IV lung cancer that has distant metasteses) Anyway, if we are talking about the same place, they are usually allowed phone calls within 2 - 3 weeks. From what I understand, letters can start during that time also. From what I have seen in the Oklahoma DOC, it can really vary from facility to facility and from case to case. However, I can tell you that the facilities at William S. Key are very nice (for a prison facility) and the staff is very helpful. It is a minimum security facility and most people think it is more like a college dorm setting. They have a lot of freedom there compared to some of the other facilities. If he has started in a program such as a rehab program or something of that sort, that could be the reason that you haven't heard from him yet. When they first get there, a lot of assessments take place and all that. You could place a call to the facility and might be able to get some information. This is the place that has been the most helpful to me and my family of all the places that he has been so far. The main number there is (580) - 766-2262 . You can usually just start there by telling them the DOC # and they can probably tell you who his case manager is and transfer you there. If it happens to be Joe Owens, he is a really friendly guy who has been most helpful to me. If this is not the same facility, sorry I couldn't be of more help.
Old 06-21-2004, 09:13 PM

Thanks so much for the information, I believe that is the same facility, I will call and find out some information!!!
Old 06-21-2004, 10:28 PM
12 didn't work for US

Betty!!
William Key's WOW thats one thats WAY UP THERE!!
My husband was there for almost a year and was moved to Lexington RTMU for school in Jan.
He was moved up there from Holdenville and I got a letter from him like 4 days after he moved. I live in Texas.
He got my number added within a few weeks and I was up there visiting within a month.
Its a really nice place I thought..He liked it up there too but was HOT
Good Luck
Closed Thread