Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida Prisons & Jails > Florida - Region 3 Facilities
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida - Region 3 Facilities Information and Discussion about the following facilities: Avon Park CI, CFRC-E, CFRC-Main, CFRC-S, Desoto Annex, Florida Women's Reception Center, Hardee CI, Hernando CI, Lake CI, Lowell CI, Lowell Annex, Marion CI, Polk CI, Sumter CI, Zephyrhills CI

Old 07-04-2011, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifeofMichael View Post
You cannot visit at reception. Go ahead and fill out the form and get it ready to send in when he's sent to his permanent camp. They won't take it at reception. Yes, once you are approved at his permanent camp it will follow him around like his phone list.
So what we heard about being able to visit at reception is not true?
Can I still send him money when he gets to reception? And will it move with him? Thanks so much for your help.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2011, 09:13 PM
Administrator Emeritus
Donation Award 

Thanked 6,545 Times in 3,575 Posts

Inmates who are still in reception are not allowed to have visits. Inmates in reception centers who are considered "permanent" or are just there while in transit to another facility are allowed to have visits.

As soon as he has a DC number, you can send him some money. You can send money a couple of different ways: Jpay.com, Western Union or Money Gram (you will need the code city) or by sending a money order to Tallahassee. To send a money order you will need deposit slips. You can even go ahead and requests some deposit slips thru Inmate Trust Fund (866-209-7250). All you have to do is leave a message with your name and address and they will mail you about 10 slips. There is a fee to send money via Jpay, WU or Money Gram, but it only costs .50 to send the money order plus the cost of the money order and the stamp to mail. It does take longer to post to his account if you mail it.

"To thine own self be true" - William Shakespeare

He's home!!!!
Old 07-07-2011, 07:18 AM
Donation Award 

Default Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~His Bella~*~ View Post
It's listed on DOC's site when you search for your inmate. I try to check every so often to see if his has changed.

Sent from my DROID2 using PrisonTalk
Thank you His Bella. I have read most of your posts. You have been heaven sent during this tough time.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:44 PM
Danny's Moose

Default i have a question?

my boyfriend was tranfered to the recepetion center in orlando (main) form volusia county jail..but he is not showing up on the DOC website at all..im so confused..volusia county website says hes not in custody..does it take a while for him to get a number??? i just wanna know hes ok ..id appreciate anything ya"ll might know thannxxx
Old 08-05-2011, 07:50 PM
Administrator Emeritus
Donation Award 

Welcome to PTO! Glad you found us

He should show up by morning. There is a thread in the FL What You Need to Know forum titled something like "How Long Until He Shows Up on the DOC Website?" This thread will give you a general idea of when to expect to see his picture and info listed.

He's home!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to ben's girl For This Useful Post:
gigi2390 (08-05-2011)
Old 08-05-2011, 07:58 PM
Danny's Moose

Default phone

thanxxxxx...also i had a account set up with securus at volusia that he called me on daily but its to a cell will that still work for the reception center or no?? i know for his perm place ill need a land line (im working on it)..
Old 08-05-2011, 08:43 PM
Administrator Emeritus
Donation Award 

You'll need the landline for reception too. As soon as you get the number send him a letter with it so he can turn in his phone list. Also once you have it, you can just call CBS and add it to your existing acct.

He's home!!!!
Old 01-15-2012, 01:38 AM

When you go into the inmate search data base on the DOC site- and pull up your loved ones profile thingy (the one with the picture) you'll see a blue box near his picture that says "VINELink" if you click on that it will take you to a page where you can register for notification. Its free automated system that will call or email you whenever he is moved. I think its intended purpose is for victims but i use it as a "hubby tracking device"....its free and automated and keeps you from checking the DOC site a hundred times a day. The website was updated about 6 hours before I got the automated call but still very prompt

Everyday that passes is one day closer...
Mrs. Stanford
Old 01-15-2012, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi2390 View Post
my boyfriend was tranfered to the recepetion center in orlando (main) form volusia county jail..but he is not showing up on the DOC website at all..im so confused..volusia county website says hes not in custody..does it take a while for him to get a number??? i just wanna know hes ok ..id appreciate anything ya"ll might know thannxxx
while they are transferring they take them off the website... dont freak (i hear ya i was convinced they had kidnapped him for medical testing) he will pop back up in like 10 hours tops.
i think they do that so no one tries to bust them out while they are enroute

Everyday that passes is one day closer...
Mrs. Stanford
Old 01-15-2012, 12:04 PM
Waiting for Mike

Thanked 1,304 Times in 978 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
while they are transferring they take them off the website... dont freak (i hear ya i was convinced they had kidnapped him for medical testing) he will pop back up in like 10 hours tops.
i think they do that so no one tries to bust them out while they are enroute
DOC's computers only update once per day, at midnight, with new information. It's not immediate.

So, Volusia's computer updates are more immediate...they logged him out pretty quickly when he was transferred to DOC. But you'll have to wait until after midnight the day anything happens to your loved one (being received into custody, or moving) to see that change reflected in the computer record.

Location and release dates are the only things that update daily...everything else only updates once per week on Sunday nights.

Vinelink only notifies when someone arrives at a new destination. So if a move takes several steps over several days, you won't get notified of the steps in the middle, just the final arrival at destination.

Old 03-16-2012, 03:14 PM
Hubby's advocate

Default New to this site does anyone have any info on CFRC

Totally frustrated with the lack of work ethic and nastiness of my husband's Classification officer . There is way more to this story but curious if anyone has any loved ones there & some insight on how to deal with these people . My husband has been in doc 10 months and been transferred many times and managed to stay out of trouble , but because of 1 unsat gaintime he is screwed right now and. Not community custody ! I have. Even trying to rectify that with no help from these people just dis couragement and down right nastiness to me and him .
Old 03-16-2012, 03:33 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,749 Times in 1,744 Posts

Hi there... to PTO! I'm glad you found us. This is a great place to get advice, support, and information. I've moved your thread to the Florida forum so you can get the best info. I'm sorry you're having difficulties with the prison officials! I hope someone comes along who can help you figure this out.

Old 04-21-2012, 01:37 PM
Oh loveeee!

My loved one is there now. He says he wont be there long just long enough for orientation, whatever that is...

"I know it seems hard sometimes, but remember one thing, through every dark night, there's a bright day after that. So no matter how hard it gets, keep your chest out, keep your head up and handle it."

- Tupac Shakur

LOVE YOURSELF, FIRST.

Old 04-21-2012, 06:13 PM
Waiting for Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soinlovew/him View Post
My loved one is there now. He says he wont be there long just long enough for orientation, whatever that is...
He means reception, which is the official intake process for DOC. Medical and psychological evaluations mostly.

Old 04-22-2012, 09:48 AM

Default CFRC-Main ?

Does anyone know what day of the week an inmate can purchase canteen while in Administrative Confinement at CFRC-Main? I called and was only told once a week and then got the DT. So frustrating!
Old 04-22-2012, 08:32 PM
Love Dont Run<3

Default CFRC - Main - Orlando, FL

I have a few questions about this facility & I hope someone can help..

1. Can he have visits?
2. Will he be able to call me?
3. Will he be able to write me right away?
4. He's going to serve about 13 months, if that, of his sentence (due to gain time, etc) & I heard since it's not a very long sentence they will try to put him into a permanent camp near home? What are the chances of him getting put somewhere fairly close?
5. Will I have to send him envelopes & stamps or will they be provided?

Thank you.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:48 PM
Administrator Emeritus
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripsgirl View Post
I have a few questions about this facility & I hope someone can help..

1. Can he have visits?
2. Will he be able to call me?
3. Will he be able to write me right away?
4. He's going to serve about 13 months, if that, of his sentence (due to gain time, etc) & I heard since it's not a very long sentence they will try to put him into a permanent camp near home? What are the chances of him getting put somewhere fairly close?
5. Will I have to send him envelopes & stamps or will they be provided?

Thank you.
1. Unless he is made a "permanent" at CFRC he will be able to have visits. Once he moves to his permanent facility you can send in your visitation form.
2. He will be able to call once his phone list is approved. Right now only landlines are allowed, but cell phones are supposed to approved soon.
3. He can write to you ASAP as long as he has writing supplies.
4. He will be sent where they have a bed for him based on his custody level, medical and mental health needs, etc. They don't take into consideration where someone is from when placing them.
5. You can either send him stamps, paper and envelopes (see the Sticky thread in the FL Phones and Mail forum) or he can purchase these items, if he has money in his account.

He's home!!!!
Old 04-22-2012, 09:03 PM
Love Dont Run<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben's girl View Post
1. Unless he is made a "permanent" at CFRC he will be able to have visits. Once he moves to his permanent facility you can send in your visitation form.
2. He will be able to call once his phone list is approved. Right now only landlines are allowed, but cell phones are supposed to approved soon.
3. He can write to you ASAP as long as he has writing supplies.
4. He will be sent where they have a bed for him based on his custody level, medical and mental health needs, etc. They don't take into consideration where someone is from when placing them.
5. You can either send him stamps, paper and envelopes (see the Sticky thread in the FL Phones and Mail forum) or he can purchase these items, if he has money in his account.
So he could call my house phone tomorrow?

& they do not supply him with any writing supplies at all?
Old 04-23-2012, 06:34 AM
Administrator Emeritus
Donation Award 

He can call once his phone list is approved and as long as you've setup an acct with Securus.

He might receive a piece of paper and envelope but I've found that not all facilities will provide that. If he is already on the DOC website with a DC number you can go ahead and send him the writing supplies (but not a pen).

He's home!!!!
Old 04-24-2012, 12:25 PM
Everlasting Love

My husband was sent the CFRC Main on 13 April. I received his first letter on 21 April. I think they gave him paper, an envelope and a stamp because he would not have received my first letter by that Wednesday in order to write it and have it mailed on the 19th. I wrote him as soon as I saw his DOC # and where he was at on Saturday. He says that he was told that it would be a month before he would be approved to place a phone call to me. His CO told me that she sent the phone bill and his phone list last Thursday and it would be 2 to 3 weeks for him to approved because there is only one person who does the accounts for everyone there. My husband also wrote me and told me that classification is back up and it most likely will be a month before he sees classification. My husband wrote that it is like boot camp but alot tougher in many ways. I worry about him.
Old 04-24-2012, 04:11 PM
Account Closed

If you are lucky, it does not always take that long to have the phone list approved. I was lucky and had a call less than 2weeks after being sent to reception. In fact, he was still at CFRC when I received my first call. I don't know how we got around it buy neither myself or my MIL ever had to send in a phone bill. He just put our names on the list and we were approved. Now, when I moved out of state and had to change my number I had to send in a bill with my number that had already been approved and then either a work order for new service or the new service bill. I had sent an email confirmation from the new phone company and within 3 days I was up and running again. I am sure that it has alot to do with his classification officer. I agree with what others have said. This is a wonderful place to get information and support. I don't know what I would have done had I not found this site. I pray that all goes well for you and your family. I am sure in time everything will be ok.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:55 AM
Always Stay True

My boyfriend just went to cfrc two days ago. He was sentenced to 4yrs so this is the beginning and I must say im quite confused. So no calls for smetime and visits are out the question...all I can do is write? Another thing ..hes only 21 and committed a home ivasion robbery. So would he be cosidered a youthful offender? Im so confused about all of it and the websites are helpful but aren't detailed and are outdated. Please help
Old 04-29-2012, 10:06 AM
Administrator Emeritus
Donation Award 

He will be able to call once his list is approved. There isn't a set timeframe on how long that takes to happen. Make sure you have an account setup with Securus, www.securustech.net. This is the provider for CFRC and all DOC facilities (some of the private facilities use a different company). Visits are not allowed for inmates that are in "reception". Once he is moved to his permanent facility you can send your visitation application to his classification officer. CO's have 30 days to approve your application but it doesn't always take that long.

Right now your lifeline to each other is letters. He'll be moved before you know it. You'll get through this. Just try to keep positive and let him know what's going on with you.

As far as being considered a YO, there are some variables that determine this. If he has his GED, he should more than likely be sent to an adult facility. And from what I've read on here about the YO facilities, the adult facilities are a much better place to be. The YO camps are full of gang activity, theft and fighting. Kids trying to prove they're tough, IMO.

He's home!!!!

Last edited by ben's girl; 04-29-2012 at 10:08 AM..
Old 04-30-2012, 06:37 AM
Everlasting Love

Post CFRC Main

Well my husband's custody level has been set at close. They say they look at no criminal history and his retired military status (veteran), but it looks like they really concentrate on the years he has and, of course, the crime. It is all just a chart with numbers and no real looking at the person and who they are. Hopefully they will re-look at his level and see the good person he is, who made a mistake and just wants to do his time and come home to his family. Do not know when they would review his level again.

Have not received another letter from him and no phone calls. I have only received one letter and that was on April 21st. I don't even know if he is getting my letters that I have sent him since April 14th. Don't know when I will get a call from him. I worry that he is alright.

Don't know when or where they will send him. I know they really don't look at where his family lives.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:29 AM
Waiting for Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave's SoulMate View Post
Well my husband's custody level has been set at close. They say they look at no criminal history and his retired military status (veteran), but it looks like they really concentrate on the years he has and, of course, the crime. It is all just a chart with numbers and no real looking at the person and who they are. Hopefully they will re-look at his level and see the good person he is, who made a mistake and just wants to do his time and come home to his family. Do not know when they would review his level again.

Have not received another letter from him and no phone calls. I have only received one letter and that was on April 21st. I don't even know if he is getting my letters that I have sent him since April 14th. Don't know when I will get a call from him. I worry that he is alright.

Don't know when or where they will send him. I know they really don't look at where his family lives.
You have to understand that custody levels are set for the security of everyone in the facility that will be around that inmate - other inmates, staff. When levels are set in reception they have very little information to go on about an inmate - a very brief interview and a few facts about their life. The crime weighs heavily in that equation out of necessity because they have little else to go on. They err on the side of caution setting custody levels.

Later, when your husband's custody is reviewed by staff at his permanent camp after he's been there for awhile, they will have some day to day experience with him to go on, and that will factor in quite a bit. But in reception...it's just mostly facts and figures and formulas.

ETA: Also - You haven't said what his crime was and what the circumstances were...it's possible that his custody would have been CM without the factors that you mentioned above of the military service and lack of prior history. You don't know.

Last edited by NAN425; 04-30-2012 at 07:31 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to NAN425 For This Useful Post:
Dave's SoulMate (04-30-2012)