Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida Prisons & Jails > Florida - Region 3 Facilities
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida - Region 3 Facilities Information and Discussion about the following facilities: Avon Park CI, CFRC-E, CFRC-Main, CFRC-S, Desoto Annex, Florida Women's Reception Center, Hardee CI, Hernando CI, Lake CI, Lowell CI, Lowell Annex, Marion CI, Polk CI, Sumter CI, Zephyrhills CI

Old 07-12-2012, 10:31 AM

"So my hubby was moved from county to CFRC today per the people at the jail. He has yet to show up in the DOC database, does anyone know how long it takes for it to update? "

We've noticed Vinelink.com will notify you of transfers faster than the info. gets posted to DOC website. Free and accurate!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2012, 03:01 PM

Hey MominFl,
The website updates overnite, It can take a couple days . Keep checking it. They misspelled my husbands name so he might have been there the very next day but I didnt notice it until I found him accidentally. I signed up for vinelink as well and I never got any notification from them..........go figure....
Cessa
Old 07-14-2012, 08:12 PM
Waiting for Mike

Thanked 1,304 Times in 978 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cessa
Hey MominFl,
The website updates overnite, It can take a couple days . Keep checking it. They misspelled my husbands name so he might have been there the very next day but I didnt notice it until I found him accidentally. I signed up for vinelink as well and I never got any notification from them..........go figure....
Cessa
Vine link only notifies when he gets to a final destination, not at interim stops in a transfer. That might be your issue.

The Following User Says Thank You to NAN425 For This Useful Post:
mominFL (07-21-2012)
Old 07-21-2012, 11:58 AM

True about the DOC site. Info should be there the next morning. Sorry you've had trouble with Vinelink. It's worked great at notifying my family and son's girlfriend quickly. For us that's been especially helpful--since he left CFRC on 7/3, he's been in three places!

PS Am I the only one who finds it hilarious that they call it CF "Reception Center" like a resort hotel or something?
Old 09-10-2012, 01:00 PM

The Department of Corrections updates their databases at 12:00 am each morning. Once your loved one arrives at the reception center their basic information is entered (name, D.O.B, height, weight, etc.). It may take a day or so for his photo and current sentence information to be updated. Also, if you have questions about their custody level you can find it there, too.

The reception centers are called such because they're where inmates are recieved from county jails, and other facilities around the state. Prisoners are transported there before they're sent to institutions throughout the region or, in a lot of cases, to other reception centers for distribution in their areas.

When I was in the panhandle, I had to go through three different reception centers - which took about a week - before I made it back to Orlando for work release.

Last edited by 314470; 09-10-2012 at 01:02 PM..
Old 10-25-2012, 10:58 AM
Waiting for Mike

Can anyone tell me information about what to expect visiting at CFRC-Main? Looks like thanks to the transportation shutdown from Hurricane Sandy that I will be visiting there this weekend since my husband is stranded there.

Old 11-04-2012, 06:22 PM
Waiting for Mike

Visitation Notes about CFRC-Main after a couple weekends there:

*Not too strict about clothes (been thru much worse) from what I've seen.
*Check-in is quick if you arrive after initial rush - go to the doors. If they are too full in lobby where they are screening, they will send you back across the road to wait by the admin building. Officers very pleasant in my experience. After screening, then you go to control room window to enter your pin in hand scanner. After they let you through into the "cage", they give you your sheet through a window slot.
*In the viso room, proceed to podium on opposite side (underneath huge staff canteen sign) and hand over your sheet.
*You can sit at any table, but inmates have to sit facing the wall with the restrooms & the officer station. Family (other than small children) has to be on opposite sides of the table. Seating is individual rectangle tables, that are spread out - the room is HUGE. Lots of space and you aren't elbow to elbow with your neighbors since everyone has their own table. Nice.
*They don't seem really picky about where in the room you do your greeting but don't think they aren't watching. I HAVE seen people reprimanded for going overboard. And it's extra embarrassing when they have to yell across the room at you about it since you aren't at the podium with them, and everyone turns around to look. So watch it.
*Restrooms for visitors are men's/women's with open access. No waiting for an officer to open them or rules about one person at a time. Inmate restroom is behind the officer station and also open access (but one at a time) - no strip room trips.
*There is a table by the officer's podium with toys and games for the kids. Blocks, dominoes, toy trucks...the kids seem pretty well taken care of.
*There is a small outdoor area with five picnic tables under a pavilion, and some open lawn. You can sit next to each other outside. There is rarely an officer out there but it is blanketed with cameras so again - don't think they can't see you!
*At count time, the guys go to the outside area and have to line up by dorm. All visitors have to go inside during the count. (The area is just too small for everyone!)
*The visitation room is freezing! Come prepared to bundle up even if it is warm outside!

All in all, for a main unit, visiting at CFRC-Main has been a very pleasant experience. The population in the visitation room is friendly and well-behaved and the officers are hands off. (in my experience, anyway)

sashaandjerry2014 (10-24-2016)
Old 11-18-2012, 10:54 PM

I'm sorry I never saw your post asking about visitation NAN, but you did a great description on visitation procedures. I visit every other weekend and I am so thankful the visitation there is nice. The officers do watch of course but I have yet to see them be disrespectful to someone for no reason. Its pretty chill and for someone who gets anxiety easily that's a big thing. Oh yes and it is most definitely freezing! Be prepared to bring a very warm sweater and still get the shivers. We try to go outside as much as possible, even if we don't get a table its better to stand on the patio then freeze inside.

Last edited by kc005; 11-18-2012 at 10:57 PM..
Old 07-24-2013, 06:54 PM

Question appeals

my kids father been at cfrc since 7/10/2013 when i checked online to see what custody level they putting him in it says pending why is that? plus he has an appeal going and i don't know if there gonna still send him to the main camp or keep him there...does anyone know about this or have a loved that's going through the same thing?
Old 01-19-2014, 04:33 AM

Default I have heard nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirid View Post
I was wondering if anybody knows anything about CFRC-Main? I don't know how long my guy is supposed to be there? He still hasn't even gotten a classification level?? How long does this normally take? This is all very confusing? Anybody who knows anything about the process....PLEASE help me out with some info! Thanks all!!
My Brother was transferred from DeSoto to CRFC on 12.20.2013.
I have not heard any thing from him I sent him money on JPay and a letter each week and some stamps and paper and envelope. I know he is there because of website. Most of the posts suggest will not hear for at least 10 days. It has been almost a month. Be Strong Hang in there. Feelin your pain
Old 03-04-2014, 04:54 PM

Does anyone know the current conditions inside CFRC? I got my first letter today and he says that it's eerily dark, dirty, and he's very uncomfortable. And he's usually really strong.

Old 03-04-2014, 08:06 PM
Waiting for Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingweaver View Post
Does anyone know the current conditions inside CFRC? I got my first letter today and he says that it's eerily dark, dirty, and he's very uncomfortable. And he's usually really strong.
That sounds about right for CFRC. Hubby spent a few weeks there a little over a year ago.

Old 03-12-2014, 03:33 PM

Anyone know why someone would be moved from main building to east unit? This happened in the middle of the night last night and I know this because I signed up for vine link notifications.

Old 03-12-2014, 03:58 PM
Waiting for Mike

Quote:
Anyone know why someone would be moved from main building to east unit? This happened in the middle of the night last night and I know this because I signed up for vine link notifications.
Probably means they are done with his intake evaluations for reception and they have moved him to the holding and transit area at the east camp to await transfer to his permanent camp after the paperwork is complete and a bed is open where they want to send him. This frees up space in the main camp for the people actively in need of the services there.

wingweaver (03-12-2014)
Old 03-12-2014, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAN425 View Post
Probably means they are done with his intake evaluations for reception and they have moved him to the holding and transit area at the east camp to await transfer to his permanent camp after the paperwork is complete and a bed is open where they want to send him. This frees up space in the main camp for the people actively in need of the services there.
Gosh, that would be wonderful! I've been hoping and praying since I got the call this morning that it just means he's much closer to his final destination!

I mailed him my phone bill last week and I hope he passed it along in time to get the ball rolling on that too!

Old 03-12-2014, 07:52 PM
Waiting for Mike

Quote:
Gosh, that would be wonderful! I've been hoping and praying since I got the call this morning that it just means he's much closer to his final destination!

I mailed him my phone bill last week and I hope he passed it along in time to get the ball rolling on that too!
The move to east camp doesn't necessarily mean that his next move is imminent. It could be - but it could also be weeks or even months before he moves. Depends on where he's going and bed availability and how fast they finish his paperwork.

Old 03-12-2014, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAN425 View Post
The move to east camp doesn't necessarily mean that his next move is imminent. It could be - but it could also be weeks or even months before he moves. Depends on where he's going and bed availability and how fast they finish his paperwork.
Yeah, I'm trying not to get too worked up, but things have been moving faster for us than the average that I've seen posted around here. Might just be wishful thinking on my part. Thanks for the replies

Old 04-01-2014, 12:14 PM

So I just received a letter from my LO with a visitor application! They had him take a special test and they are letting him stay at CFRC-East. Now my question is, I know I have to mail the form to their classification department, but how do I write that on the envelope? Is it the same mailing address, only I'm addressing it to that department? There is 0 information on that on the FDOC website and the visitation form.

Old 04-01-2014, 12:33 PM
icj357
Donation Award 

Same mailing address, just make sure you put ATTN:Classification, so the mail area knows which department to send it to.

The Following User Says Thank You to icj357 For This Useful Post:
wingweaver (04-01-2014)
Old 04-08-2014, 09:35 PM

I didn't want to start a new thread over this but I have another question! (Sorry)

About the 2nd week of March my LO claims that he turned the phone list and bills in to his CO. His mother called CFRC (he's staying there permanently now) today and this same lady that she keeps getting on the phone, says there is absolutely no record of his phone list or even our bills. This woman also claims that a lot of newbie inmates will incorrectly give the paperwork to some sort of mailbox and not straight to the CO? Whatever that means.

This woman also said that she sees my LO multiple times a day, but refused to even just mention to him, "hey you made a mistake, might want to double check". What could even be barring her from saying this to him other than her own selfishness?

I understand that phones take awhile to be set up, so I was being very patient with waiting, but now that this woman claims there's no paper trail I'm pretty upset. Even though I live 15 miles from him, it still seems to take almost 2 weeks for a letter to reach him and for me to get a reply. At this rate I will be visiting him before hearing him!

Old 04-08-2014, 11:12 PM

wingweaver- are you calling and asking to speak to his classification officer? I tlked to my mans classification officer when I was having phone troubles--it wasnt getting approved in a timely manner. After talking to her it was almost immediately fixed. The correctional officers(who answer the phones at the prison) were no help at all. Just a suggestion.
The Following User Says Thank You to kc005 For This Useful Post:
wingweaver (04-09-2014)
Old 04-09-2014, 03:10 PM
Waiting for Mike

Quote:
I didn't want to start a new thread over this but I have another question! (Sorry)

About the 2nd week of March my LO claims that he turned the phone list and bills in to his CO. His mother called CFRC (he's staying there permanently now) today and this same lady that she keeps getting on the phone, says there is absolutely no record of his phone list or even our bills. This woman also claims that a lot of newbie inmates will incorrectly give the paperwork to some sort of mailbox and not straight to the CO? Whatever that means.

This woman also said that she sees my LO multiple times a day, but refused to even just mention to him, "hey you made a mistake, might want to double check". What could even be barring her from saying this to him other than her own selfishness?

I understand that phones take awhile to be set up, so I was being very patient with waiting, but now that this woman claims there's no paper trail I'm pretty upset. Even though I live 15 miles from him, it still seems to take almost 2 weeks for a letter to reach him and for me to get a reply. At this rate I will be visiting him before hearing him!
Inmates cannot see their CO's without putting in a request and making an appt. It's a HUGE operation to make that happen. They absolutely can turn that paperwork in through the mail drop as far as I know. CO's will do anything they can to avoid seeing inmates! That's exactly what the mail drop IS FOR!

CFRC does NOT, in my experience, have a good record keeping track of paperwork. If they don't have a record of his phone list existing, or of the phone bills being turned in, but he did it - consider it lost and tell him to turn in new ones. If they have it and can't find it, for all practical purpose it doesn't exist. Replacing it will likely be faster than banging your head against the brick wall trying to make them admit they can't find it.

wingweaver (04-09-2014)
Old 04-09-2014, 04:27 PM

I wasn't the one personally talking to this woman - his mother was. I was only told all of this. I haven't been able to find time to do it myself, anyway.

This woman told his mother that they are not allowed to even tell us who his CO is! And she still claims that the drop box is what he SHOULDN'T be doing. What gives then?? They can't just change rules at the drop of a hat like that.

I'm just going to send him another bill tomorrow and say that he needs an appointment with his CO since no one will tell us anything.

The only other thing I can think of is that he didn't turn it in on purpose because he doesn't want to talk to us. But that's dumb because every letter I've gotten says he's dying to speak to us, me especially. So that's just me being paranoid.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Old 04-09-2014, 06:30 PM
Waiting for Mike

Quote:
I wasn't the one personally talking to this woman - his mother was. I was only told all of this. I haven't been able to find time to do it myself, anyway.

This woman told his mother that they are not allowed to even tell us who his CO is! And she still claims that the drop box is what he SHOULDN'T be doing. What gives then?? They can't just change rules at the drop of a hat like that.

I'm just going to send him another bill tomorrow and say that he needs an appointment with his CO since no one will tell us anything.

The only other thing I can think of is that he didn't turn it in on purpose because he doesn't want to talk to us. But that's dumb because every letter I've gotten says he's dying to speak to us, me especially. So that's just me being paranoid.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Yup, that sounds like CFRC...make up whatever rules they want.

It's not that they CAN'T tell her who the CO is. It's that they won't. Big difference.

Good plan with the letter and the bill.

wingweaver (04-10-2014)
Old 08-28-2014, 04:13 AM
Always and Forever...

So I'm new here... I've been doing a lot of reading.. my fiance got moved to cfrc on the 20th of August, said they made him throw away all His belongings? Does anyone know of this. He had some expensive gifts on, And some sentimental things, Do they really throw their stuff away? Idk If he's getting moved from there or Not, haven't spoke to him yet, just got one short letter. He's only doing a Max of 6 months with His time served, Not including any gain time.. why wouldn't they just keep His stuff to wear on the bus to come home...