Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida Prisons & Jails > Florida - Region 3 Facilities
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida - Region 3 Facilities Information and Discussion about the following facilities: Avon Park CI, CFRC-E, CFRC-Main, CFRC-S, Desoto Annex, Florida Women's Reception Center, Hardee CI, Hernando CI, Lake CI, Lowell CI, Lowell Annex, Marion CI, Polk CI, Sumter CI, Zephyrhills CI

Old 08-28-2014, 08:00 AM
FOREVER HIS<3

from what i know they don't throw his stuff away, they actually put it in property until he is released. my mans shoes and clothes and letters pictures are still with him from county and they wont give it to him till the day he is released or he can contact the property room and tell them that ima go pick them up on a visit day. and they will have it ready for me to take..
HaefeleBabe (08-30-2014)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2014, 02:27 AM
Always and Forever...

He said they made him throw it away... a friend of mine was there a year ago too and said his stuff is definitely gone.. that they are scumbags there and don't let you keep that stuff. They let you keep mail and photos as long as you don't have a ton. But how is that fair. If they aren't in there for life, why can they throw their clothes away? Let me know if you call and they say they keep it. Cause I'd like to know. I live in Pennsylvania so I can't go pick it up and I was counting on someone down there to pick his stuff up from the county before h moved but they screwed me over... so could you let me know? Pm me?

How long does it take for them to update the database with his release date too??

Why isn't there some sort of notification when someone replies on a post after me??

Last edited by HaefeleBabe; 08-30-2014 at 02:36 AM..
Old 08-30-2014, 07:53 AM
FOREVER HIS<3

if they have his stuff they will give it to him when he is released. other wise he can go to property and let them know someone is going to pick it up on a visit day so that way they can get it ready, i was going to pick up some of my mans stuff where he is at but he is too far from me its a 7 hr drive. and the data base updates every 15 of the month, i am not sure about release i wont know until another year but i heard it can show up 2 months before he gets released
Old 08-30-2014, 11:09 PM
Always and Forever...

His stuff was with him, but why would he say they made him throw it away then? Im so confused ��

~10·26·11~
Old 01-05-2016, 08:58 PM

Unhappy Going crazy!

I am completely new to this whole jail/prison thing. I have a friend who was recently moved to CFRC (12/23/15) from the county jail he was in. I have not heard anything from him yet. Can anyone tell me is this normal? How long does it usually take? Everything I see online where it says current custody says pending and release date to be set. I HATE not knowing what is going on. I keep sending letters hoping he is even getting them. Any advice is appreciated!
Old 01-05-2016, 09:21 PM

What is your friend name I got a cousin that's in there I can check for you?
Old 01-05-2016, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtletime View Post
I am completely new to this whole jail/prison thing. I have a friend who was recently moved to CFRC (12/23/15) from the county jail he was in. I have not heard anything from him yet. Can anyone tell me is this normal? How long does it usually take? Everything I see online where it says current custody says pending and release date to be set. I HATE not knowing what is going on. I keep sending letters hoping he is even getting them. Any advice is appreciated!
What is your friend first name? I have a cousin who's been in there 2 months who can check?
Old 01-05-2016, 09:41 PM
Forever Love

Hi and welcome!
Yes, unfortunately this is normal. The time in reception is the hardest. He may not have materials to write you (paper, envelopes, stamps) unless someone else has sent them or he is able to get them from canteen. You may need to send him some if you want him to write.

He won't be able to call unless you are on his approved phone list. He would have to turn in your information to his classification officer and you would need to provide a phone bill and set up a Securus account for that.

Best thing you can do is keep writing, letting him know you are there for him. Send writing supplies if you are able to. He will be in reception for a few weeks or more until he gets classified and sent to a permanent camp.

I'm sure someone will come along with links to more info for you. There is tons of it here. Hope you hear something soon!

The Following User Says Thank You to RobertsHeart801 For This Useful Post:
turtletime (01-05-2016)
Old 01-05-2016, 10:09 PM

Can you fax over your phone bill? How long does it usually takes for CFRC to receive an image mail if you're in Orange County?
Old 01-05-2016, 10:40 PM
Forever Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash1 View Post
Can you fax over your phone bill? How long does it usually takes for CFRC to receive an image mail if you're in Orange County?
You would have to call CFRC and ask them about faxing. Either talk to classification or if they have a Securus rep there. The inmate would have had to turn in your information for that to do any good though. They have to ask for the approval, not you.

As for mail, since you are in the same county it should take too long. Prisons (especially reception centers) can have a longer time frame for disturbing it since everything sent is screened. And they don't deliver mail on weekends and holidays.

Old 01-07-2016, 08:39 PM

Default Lake Butler aka RMC

My son still hasn't been classified. He is sentenced until mid August of this year. Just my own comment: By the time he is moved to permanent camp, it will be time to prepare him for release.
Questions: Is there any such thing as preparing an inmate for release? Where will he go?
Another comment: As I mentioned in other posts, I am concerned that he will not get into a program where he can receive treatment for his severe substance abuse. Without treatment, he may as well stay where he is. At least he is alive, has food and a roof over his head.
Comments from this forum please. Thank you.
Old 01-07-2016, 09:58 PM

Mines been in there since 12/23/15 & haven't been classified or called yet.
Old 01-11-2016, 09:46 PM

My BF has been in CFRC-main since 12/23/15. I haven't received a letter or call from him. I'm sending off my next letter tomorrow. Does anyone knows when are they able to make phone calls & do you have to have the bill turned before the image place a call? Also how long does it takes for mail to be received and delivered to them. I'm sending mines in Orange County. This is really killing not be able to communicate or know nothing.
Old 01-11-2016, 11:11 PM

Quote:
My BF has been in CFRC-main since 12/23/15. I haven't received a letter or call from him. I'm sending off my next letter tomorrow. Does anyone knows when are they able to make phone calls & do you have to have the bill turned before the image place a call? Also how long does it takes for mail to be received and delivered to them. I'm sending mines in Orange County. This is really killing not be able to communicate or know nothing.
He will not be able to make a call until you have sent him a copy of your phone bill and it gets approved. So if you haven't sent that yet do so immediately. The mail runs extremely slow at Cfrc so it may take 7 to 10 days to get and recieve mail. Also make sure you have your phone set up with Securus to receive calls once your phone number has been approved.

Old 01-12-2016, 07:55 PM

Yes I set up my phone & everything it. I sent the bill out last Wednesday so maybe this weekend or next week I'll get a call. It's strange I haven't received any mail yet unless he doesn't have stamps or paper.
Old 01-12-2016, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Yes I set up my phone & everything it. I sent the bill out last Wednesday so maybe this weekend or next week I'll get a call. It's strange I haven't received any mail yet unless he doesn't have stamps or paper.
They do give them paper, something to write with, and an envelope but I don't think they get stamps. So if he doesn't have money on his books to buy stamps then he probably can't send any letters. It took a week once my babe turned the phone list in for it to be activated.

The Following User Says Thank You to Tiffandmike1114 For This Useful Post:
sashaandjerry2014 (10-24-2016)
Old 01-12-2016, 08:40 PM

The bill basically have that my name is on the account from t-mobile. I sent him $60 when he was in county so he can buy the things he needs when transferred to cfrc. He mentioned he bought envelopes & stamps. Also I set up a vinelink. It says he's I. Cfrc-east & his release date is 8/21/17 but DOC site says he's at main & release date is 8/25/17. You know which one could be more accurate & whether his mail will reach him since every letter I sent said cfrc-main?
Old 01-22-2016, 10:37 PM
Sun Dried Georgia Peach
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,981 Times in 1,421 Posts

It's always stone cold silent when they first get to reception because the reception centers are doing all the intake and processing and such. Regardless of what his jacket (file) says about him (or her) when they get to prison, they get a full physical, psychological and educational screening (I think they still do the educational).

A visit or phone list is very low on the priority list. Sometimes they will approve the phone list but not often. And, I haven't heard of anyone coming from the county jail to reception getting a visit. That usually has to wait until they get transferred to one of the other facilities.

Even if he had money in his account in county, when he gets to reception he will have to wait to use it until he gets an ID card they will issue. Then, he will have to set up his PIN and such.

Please send anyone just going to reception:
10 sheets of paper
10 envelopes
book of stamps
money on his account (if you can)
as soon as you see his DC number pop up on the FDOC inmate locator site.

Until he is properly processed and evaluated, don't worry with the release date and such, those dates are driven by the program that is operated by the classification officers. If they are not done processing him, there is no telling what it might show. However, if the prisoner thinks it's wrong he can send a request to classification to review it.

As for a letter being addressed to CRFC Main being sent over to the East Unit or not, I really can't say. Technically, it should but you just never know with FDOC mail room employees. I would think so, though. As long as it has his DC number on it, they SHOULD look him up and forward his mail for 30 days or maybe 60.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - J Krishnamurti

'Why' must almost always override 'how'. - Anjewel

DEDICATED TO THE ONES WITH NO VOICE
Old 03-17-2016, 03:54 PM

Default Havn't heard anything....

Hi all, my fiance has been at CFRC main since March 8th. I sent him $ through JPay, and I know he brought several stamped envelopes, so he has supplies. But I've only received one postcard the first night he was there, and one letter from the second. I know that he has been writing me, and it's driving me crazy to not know how he is. I figure the mail room is just backed up, I know he is fine. I guess I'm just looking for some moral support here, anyone else going through this right now? We've never gone so long without communication. I just hope it's not much longer....
Old 08-14-2016, 11:44 AM

Default confused/concerned

My fiance was just moved to CFRC-main 3 days ago. I don't know what I need to do as far as trying to contact him. From other posts I see it can take him a while to be able to call me. I have entered my phone numbers and put money on his account. Is there anything else I need to do or can do on my end? Also with the visitation, does he need to send me an application to visit or is that something I do online? and is the visitation there a video visitation or do I get to physical see him? I also saw posts talking about cfrc east and main is this something he needs to tell me or can I call someone to find out exactly where he is? Sorry for all the questions.
Old 08-14-2016, 02:26 PM
Forever Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindamg View Post
My fiance was just moved to CFRC-main 3 days ago. I don't know what I need to do as far as trying to contact him. From other posts I see it can take him a while to be able to call me. I have entered my phone numbers and put money on his account. Is there anything else I need to do or can do on my end? Also with the visitation, does he need to send me an application to visit or is that something I do online? and is the visitation there a video visitation or do I get to physical see him? I also saw posts talking about cfrc east and main is this something he needs to tell me or can I call someone to find out exactly where he is? Sorry for all the questions.

Hi and welcome! First step, breathe! You will finds TONS of information and support on here!

Ok, he will need a copy of your phone bill to turn in to classification in order for the phone to get approved. If it's a cell phone it must be a contract phone, not a pre pay (no Metro or Boost). The name, address, and phone number on the bill must exactly match what he turns in. It can take a couple weeks to a month for phones to be approved. You also have to have an account set up and funded with Securus too.

Also, send him writing supplies if you are able. It might take a few days for his canteen card to be activated and he be able to use it. Took over a week for my guy to be able to use his in reception. Send a pack of 10 envelopes, 10 sheets of paper, and stamps that way he can write you. You can send those in a big envelope, just make sure there is no metal clasp on it.

As for visitation forms, he will get them to send out once he gets to his permanant camp. There is no video visitation, it's contact. There is really nothing you can do until he's moved out of reception.

The FL DOC website can tell you which unit he's at. If he just got there, he's most likely still at the main unit getting all his evaluations done.

Be patient. Reception is the hardest part. It will be a couple months until you will be to see him. Letters are so very important. For you and him. Best of luck!

Old 08-17-2016, 04:07 PM

Default visitation.

Can someone tell me the address to send my visitation for back to? I look and I couldn't find it. Thank You
Old 08-17-2016, 04:16 PM
Forever Love

You can't send it until he gets to his permanant camp. They aren't allowed visitation while in reception.

Old 08-17-2016, 05:05 PM

Default Visistation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertsHeart801 View Post
You can't send it until he gets to his permanant camp. They aren't allowed visitation while in reception.
Ok thank you. He must of miss understood them.
Can I send him books? he asked for his bible. Am I allowed to send that or does that need to come from a 3rd party?
Old 08-17-2016, 05:13 PM
Forever Love

He can do a phone list while in reception, not visitation.

Books have to come directly from a vendor and must be sent USPS otherwise it will be refused. I use Books A Million now cause Amazon kept messing up and sending stuff UPS or Fedex... postal service only. Have him talk to the chaplin, he might be able to get a Bible there. Altnough, I would wait for him to get to his permanant camp to send it to avoid missing him with property delivery.