Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida Prisons & Jails > Florida - Region 3 Facilities
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida - Region 3 Facilities Information and Discussion about the following facilities: Avon Park CI, CFRC-E, CFRC-Main, CFRC-S, Desoto Annex, Florida Women's Reception Center, Hardee CI, Hernando CI, Lake CI, Lowell CI, Lowell Annex, Marion CI, Polk CI, Sumter CI, Zephyrhills CI

Old 09-21-2009, 09:19 PM
Lovin my man..

thank you. he sent me a letter today wiht his dorm or somehting on it? but he said to western union money? do you know how to do that?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2009, 08:19 AM

Angry New to me also

I have a son, that's a federal prisoner, he was in Orlando Federal Jail for a year now, but had to face 1 charge in Brevard County, his sentence was concurrant with his federal sentance, but they added on 4 monts all together it's 32 months. He was calling me almost every night, writing and for the past year I visited every week same day same time.

He was transported from Brevard county last week to CFRC-Main, this is a new ball game. I haven't spoken to him or seen him yet. I've been reading these blogs and realized he can't call and visits may take up to 1 month. I received a letter from him the other day, he has NO idea why, or when he will leave. I gave him as much info as I knew. He doesn't know about filling out a form for visits or phone calls, don't they tell them anything. I may not approve of what he's done or him being in prison but he's still my son, we are very close and he feels free to talk to me about anything. This has been hell not having any communication. He has not been classifified yet, how long do they usually stay in this facility. Don't they realize what the families go through not noing anything. Sorry but I just needed to vent.
A mom
Old 09-25-2009, 07:22 PM
Administrator Emeritus
Donation Award 

Thanked 6,545 Times in 3,575 Posts

bjwhite, He'll be able to turn in a phone list and once that list is approved he will be able to call you. The length of time that takes varies. It just depends on how fast or slow the phone people are in getting numbers added to the system and giving him his PIN #.

You can also call Correctional Billing Services, 1-800-844-6591, to see if you need to setup a prepaid account in order to receive calls from him. Prepaid is a little cheaper than having the calls billed directly to your local phone bill. You can also setup your account to be managed online so go ahead and ask the rep to set that up while you have him/her on the phone. When they ask you what facility be sure to tell them FL DOC Central Florida Reception Center. I looked it up and that is how it's listed. There website is www.correctionalbillingservices.com. Also, just to let you know all calls from FL state prisons are less than $2.00.

I can send you a copy of the visitation application if you will send me a private message with your email address. Once he has been moved to his permanent facility you can mail it to Classification to be approved.

"To thine own self be true" - William Shakespeare

He's home!!!!
Old 09-26-2009, 11:09 AM
Lovin my man..

mine is also at cfrc main. he put the dorm info on his so ive been doing it. does anyone know how long it takes for them to get it after you send it bc ive sent one everyday this week and he hasnt wrote me back. and im in florida too so it shouldnt take more then a day or two to get to me....im frustrated lol
1 John 3:18 Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue, but with actions and in truth.

Even if a million miles seperated us, it wouldnt stop me from loving you ♥
Old 09-26-2009, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsWifey View Post
Thank you to everyone that answered. I'm a ball of short nerves right now!! Every Monday or Wednesday we go through the dread of tonight's the night...nope...oh tonight's the night, nope...UGH. I don't want him to go but I'll be glad when we can get this show on the road so that we can count down until he's back home!!
Im going through exacly what you are! You're not alone. It took them a month and a half to come get my fiance from Manatee and take him to reception. He has been there almost 3 weeks. If you call 407-207-7777 they will give you all of his information. Thats what I did because there is more numbers beside their dc numb. I.E- c4-202U is what I have to list after his DC number. So you may want to call them and see just to be on the safe side
Old 10-30-2009, 05:39 PM

Default Visiting CFRC tomorrow. A few questions....

my honey has been at CFRC since Wednesday but from everything I've gathered he will be moved to bootcamp(finally!!) on Tuesday so I wanted to drive up and visit one last time before he gets there bc once he gets there no phones no visits for 60 days( and then only visits and calls on SUNDAYS!) so anyway i hate when i have to visit a new facility.. i was just wondering if anyone can tell me if this is a more crowded visiting park bc its a bigger facility or is it not crowded bc most ppl in reception cant get visitors? he is at the main unit. also if anyone has experience bringing baby here can u tell me how they let u bring in the formula.. so far ive noticed its different everywhere u go. the last place he was at let me bring the whole formula can in and baby toys. thanks.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:06 PM

Unhappy Central Florida Reception Center

My boyfriend is being sent to the Central Florida Reception Center sometime soon..Does anyone know how long it will be before he can call me? He has my land line phone number, but does anyone know how to transfer his calls from the landline to my cell? Do I have to use a service like Global Tel Link or do the charges just show up on my phone bill? How soon until I can see him?

Please write back, I am very confused and I miss him so much. Thanks.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:01 AM
longing to feel his lips

He is only allowed to call the land line. Any calls on the cell phone can get him in trouble and possible lose his phone privledge.. (this is what I have been told not experienced personally). Also the CFRC and any state operated prison use Securis or Correctional Billing Service or some phone companies will allow you to have the calls directly billed. CBS ph# is 800-844-6591 or website https://www.correctionalbillingservices.com/. I usr them because the rates are cheaper than going through most phone companies and I can budget the money so the bill doesn't get out of control. It took me 12 days before I heard from him. He was able to write and I got his first letter about a week after he arrived.

As far as visitation they cannot get visitation at CFRC, it takes approx 30 days before they are transfered to there perm camp and then you have to send the visitation application in and then that can take another 30days or so. My husband was transfer to his camp on March 24th and I mailed my application in the next morning. They did verify they received the application but I'm still waiting for approval.

Hope this helps....Good Luck and stay strong. This is one of the most difficult points..it will pass and things will get better.

Last edited by Nobull; 04-14-2010 at 10:06 AM..
Old 04-14-2010, 12:32 PM
Daddy's Home 11/15/11!

Best to contact Correctional Billing Services (you have to contact them by phone to set up an account). This sets up a prepaid account so that your landline bill doedn't end up out of control as Nobull mentioned. My fiance had our landline number with him when he first got there and he was able to call me within two weeks collect to the house phone. Be advised, the system picks up on 3-way and call waiting. The simple tone you hear on the phone for a call trying to come through can get you disconnected. Some placed will write up a DR with no questions where others are lenient and realize the system has it's issues (I've been disconnected for third party call for sneezing loud).

If you choose not to do a prepay account with CBS, you can have the calls go on your landline however there is a limit, I believe it is $100 every 90 days. Once you reach the limit, he'll get a recording stating the line is blocked. Keep in mind if you go this route, you have to wait until your phone company gets payment, they take what is there's then they send the rest to pay for the collect calls. So even if you've paid you have to wait to be credited for paying for the collect calls before the block is removed.

The prepay is the way to go. CBS holding times suck sometimes so have patience. The faster it's set up, the better off you are with getting your loved one's phone calls. You can pay online or by phone if you have a credit card, check card or prepay credit card once your acct is set up. Good luck!

Old 04-14-2010, 05:50 PM
Dawn loves Michael always

We never did three way while he was at the institution (though we have since he's been at work release, they use regular old payphones) and I never had issues with call waiting. I just ignored it when someone would call in and check when we hung up.

But as the others state transferring a call to your cell is a bad idea. People on this group have gotten caught and lost phone privileges. Not worth it in my book. We simply had certain times he would call and I'd make sure I was home to wait on them. I love it that he's in WR now since calling my cell isn't a problem anymore. No longer chained to the house so to speak. But I wasn't going to chance losing our calls!

Old 04-18-2010, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacealright View Post
My boyfriend is being sent to the Central Florida Reception Center sometime soon..Does anyone know how long it will be before he can call me? He has my land line phone number, but does anyone know how to transfer his calls from the landline to my cell? Do I have to use a service like Global Tel Link or do the charges just show up on my phone bill? How soon until I can see him?

Please write back, I am very confused and I miss him so much. Thanks.
My son was just sent there on March 24th. We heard from him yesterday for the first time. In order for him to call you he has to submit a phone list and that phone list has to have the persons name the bill is in. Another words he had to put my husband down as the person who receives the bill. I don't think they can call cell phones. Go online and type in Correctional Billing and they should be able to explain it to you. You won't be hearing from him for awhile because they have to go through a whole screening process. And if you are writing him you HAVE to have his DC number. It's not the same number they had in County. They are also very particular about the way the envelope is written. Go online and type in Central Florida Reception Center click on that link and then there is a spot that says FAQ go there and it answers all questions about calls, mail etc.
I hope this has helped.
Old 07-18-2010, 07:55 PM

Default CFRC Main Question

I have been told by a family member that, shortly upon arrival to the reception center, he and other prisoners who arrived with him were told to strip naked and get on the ground face down. During this time, all shades in the building were open so the personnel could witness this. I guess the purpose is to humiliate the new arrivals. Has anyone else heard of this practice?
Old 07-18-2010, 08:28 PM
Banned

Thanked 2,119 Times in 1,147 Posts

No but it is common to be strip searched in all prisons!
Old 07-26-2010, 10:37 PM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Thanked 7,664 Times in 3,024 Posts

No. My son came through CFRC on his way to his permanent placement. Yes, they do get strip searched but it was done in a room with several other prisoners being searched at the same time in a standing position.
There is absolutely no reason for them to be forced to lie on the ground. I personally know one of the ranking officers there and she would never tolerate anything like that. They are prisoners but they are still humans.
Old 07-27-2010, 05:48 AM

Default Strip searches

Quote:
Originally Posted by nktpt View Post
No. My son came through CFRC on his way to his permanent placement. Yes, they do get strip searched but it was done in a room with several other prisoners being searched at the same time in a standing position.
There is absolutely no reason for them to be forced to lie on the ground. I personally know one of the ranking officers there and she would never tolerate anything like that. They are prisoners but they are still humans.
Thanks for your reply. I received this info from my son in law. He said this happened to him twice. He must be lying to try to get sympathy from his wife.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:22 PM
mikes mom

my son said thats exactly how it goes first time thru on the way in,not on the way out
Old 08-01-2010, 03:40 PM

My Mike went to CFRC on June 30th and said they were stripped of their clothing, told to squat and put their hands behind their backs (while naked). They proceeded to give them a 15 minute yell-fest of how they could beat them if they wanted to. They were then told to trim their nails and passed one set of clippers down the line. Mike said he chose not to with no alcohol to sterilize them and I guess he just pretended to. They were then told to cough three times (while squatting with hands behind their backs) and were then given boxers. They also threw all their clothes and shoes away right in front of them. He didn't mention a cavity search, but it wouldn't surprise me if they did, seems like that would be the normal to search them completely.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:07 PM
Administrator Emeritus
Donation Award 

Squat and cough is normal procedure. They are also searched when leaving visitation although every officer is different in how they search it's generally the same procedure, at least from what Ben's told me.

He's home!!!!
Old 08-01-2010, 05:39 PM

Default Intake "routine" at CFRC

Well, I guess I will have to see what happens if my son is sentenced since there are a variety of responses to this thread.
Old 08-01-2010, 05:50 PM
Administrator Emeritus
Donation Award 

Experiences are going to vary. Your son does need to be prepared for officers trying to "break him" through various forms of humiliation including a lot of screaming and yelling and people in his face. Hopefully he will not let it get to him to bad. Just start writing to him and encouraging him as soon as he's moved and you can get his DC number.

He's home!!!!
Old 08-01-2010, 05:54 PM
Dawn loves Michael always

Sadly many believe screaming, yelling, and cussing at people is the way to do things. If they threw away their private, personal property then contact the Warden and complain because that's wrong.

Old 08-02-2010, 12:50 PM

The clothes and shower slides, etc. they threw away at CFRC was what they wore in from County. But it is a shame since he had to turn around and buy shower slides as soon as his account opened because the shower floors are so nasty.

BUT... they did throw away his nice clothes and dress shoes and all when he went into Brevard County Jail prior to going to state. I was so mad! I was going to pick up his clothes, he had just come from court! And they have property pick up available. I was so mad!
Old 08-02-2010, 11:32 PM

oh gosh i have not heard this from my boyfriend. i will be sure to ask him. this is ridiculous. how could any human doing this !
Old 08-03-2010, 12:49 AM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Thanked 7,664 Times in 3,024 Posts

They gave my son a box to send all his personal property home in. They wouldn't let him keep anything other than his bible and some court papers.

The squat and cough thing is a way they can check for contraband. If anything's been put up there where the sun don't shine the coughs will force it out. My son had never mentioned the nail trimming thing but I think I'd fake it too. My son is real particular about his nails and I know he wouldn't use a clipper that was being passed along without cleaning.

Yes, there are some intake guards who will yell and scream and try to intimidate newbies. It's pretty much the same as what they do in the military during basic training. I really don't see the point. The inmates going into prison for the first time are already scared to death and the veterans don't really care if they get yelled at- they already know what it's like on the inside.

Don't fret about it too much webgal. They all manage to get through it, even if it is embarrassing and degrading to stand naked with a bunch of guys.
Old 08-03-2010, 05:19 AM

Thank you. I agree - the newbies are already scared and the veterans don't care.
The picture in your signature - is that your son as a baby?