Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida Prisons & Jails > Florida - Region 3 Facilities
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida - Region 3 Facilities Information and Discussion about the following facilities: Avon Park CI, CFRC-E, CFRC-Main, CFRC-S, Desoto Annex, Florida Women's Reception Center, Hardee CI, Hernando CI, Lake CI, Lowell CI, Lowell Annex, Marion CI, Polk CI, Sumter CI, Zephyrhills CI

Old 10-06-2010, 11:36 AM
LOVE knows NO TIME

Thanks you all...so nice to have people to talk with about this.
I don't think he has turned in his phone list yet, he is probably waiting on my letter that has my new land line # in it. I will send him a copy of the phone bill.
If I don't here from him within a week or so I will call. I am hoping I get a letter from him sometime this week.
When I sent him envelopes I put the stamps on the envelopes and addressed them back to me, is that good? Also, can they receive cards, like birthday cards, christmas cards and stuff?
Do any of you know what is an adequate amount of money inmates need in their accounts every month for canteen? I have no idea what stuff costs in there.
I did call the inmate account hotline and I see he has some money in his account, just not sure what is enough.
Thank goodness for this website, having someone you love go to prison is punishment on both sides of the fence. I feel lost with him in there.
The Following User Says Thank You to Matt'slove For This Useful Post:
Niki (10-06-2010)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2010, 06:14 PM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Thanked 7,664 Times in 3,024 Posts

Matt'slove, I totally understand how you are feeling without your loved one. My son wasn't even living at home anymore and I still miss his presence every day.

That's fine to send pre-addressed and stamped envelopes. That way he will be more likely to write to you rather than someone else. You can also send blank envelopes and one book of stamps (20). They aren't supposed to have more than 20 stamps in their property at any time though.

He can receive greeting cards but none with metal parts, singing cards or glitter. You can also send him blank greeting cards if he wants to send a card out to someone special.

As far as commissary goes, my son spends between $20 and $30 per week. The most they are allowed to spend is $75 per week. Your BF should be able to send you a current canteen price list. They are only given a very minimal amount of hygiene type products and that's usually what makes my son need to spend more some weeks. They have to buy things like lotion, razors, shampoo, toothpaste, toothbrush and powder if they use those things. Four times a year they are able to buy things like sneakers, underwear, pajamas & shorts. During that period they are able to spend $150. I'd recommend you send your BF whatever amount you can afford or feel comfortable with. I can tell you that the more you send the more he's likely to spend. They like to load up on snack food and also buy the burgers, chicken wings, pizza, etc that you can get at visitation to eat whenever they go to canteen because the prison food is not very tasty. They use alot of TVP (Soy) products rather than meats which won't kill them but aren't very enjoyable.

Ask as many questions as you need to. Before long you'll have all this down and hopefully you will feel a little better about where your loved one is...Niki
Old 10-06-2010, 06:32 PM
I'm NOT broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt'slove View Post
Thanks you all...so nice to have people to talk with about this.
I don't think he has turned in his phone list yet, he is probably waiting on my letter that has my new land line # in it. I will send him a copy of the phone bill.
If I don't here from him within a week or so I will call. I am hoping I get a letter from him sometime this week.
When I sent him envelopes I put the stamps on the envelopes and addressed them back to me, is that good? Also, can they receive cards, like birthday cards, christmas cards and stuff?
Do any of you know what is an adequate amount of money inmates need in their accounts every month for canteen? I have no idea what stuff costs in there.
I did call the inmate account hotline and I see he has some money in his account, just not sure what is enough.
Thank goodness for this website, having someone you love go to prison is punishment on both sides of the fence. I feel lost with him in there.

Yes, you can send cards but they have to be plain cards...nothing glued to it, no glitter, stickers, etc...I go to the Dollar Tree and get 2 for $1.00, they are all just simple cards but they have all occasions and even blank ones you can write in. I always put the stamps on envelopes I send Adam, and just put his name and DC# in return address area, he writes his sister and grandma so I dont address them back to me so he can use them for whomever.
As far as money, that is totally up to you to decide what you can afford and want to send him. Some people send nothing, some send whatever they are asked to send. Adam knows that I had to get a landline to accept calls, that's $30 more a month now. Then I put money on the CBS account so he can make calls to me, that's another $30 a month. So he doesnt ask for much in his account. As long as he has soap, deodorant, toothpaste, paper, pens/pencils, envelopes and stamps he is good. He was smoking, but he quit about 3 months ago, because he said he felt guilty spending money on them. His grandma and I usually put our money together and send him $20-$30 every two weeks, and he never says anything except "thank you both so much, I love you"
I would say figure out your budget, make sure your bills are covered and you have what you need, then see what you have left over and go from there. At first with the phone calls, we were talking every night and then I realized how much money that was costing, so we discussed it and decided that $30 a month was plenty, that gives us 18 calls a month so we talk about 3-4 times a week. It will vary for you depending on where he ends up, of course.
You are exactly right, they may be the ones locked behind the gates, but everyone that loves them hurts and has their lives torn apart as well...
Take care and hope you get your letter soon

"Together we are a circle, no start and no end" -Adam
Old 10-08-2010, 11:03 AM
LOVE knows NO TIME

I got a post card today from him with a quick note. I know that there is a hotline that I can check his account balance. Is there anyway to find out WHO made the deposits?
He keeps saying he has NO money, but SOMEONE is sending him some and I am actually starting to get pissed cause he keeps saying I am the only one supporting him.
Also, I have now gotten 2 letters with NO postmark on them?
Old 10-08-2010, 02:50 PM
I'm NOT broken

Quote:
I got a post card today from him with a quick note. I know that there is a hotline that I can check his account balance. Is there anyway to find out WHO made the deposits?
He keeps saying he has NO money, but SOMEONE is sending him some and I am actually starting to get pissed cause he keeps saying I am the only one supporting him.
Also, I have now gotten 2 letters with NO postmark on them?
I have never called to check Adam's account balance...I just know when I put money in he gets a receipt and it says it was deposited by me. Maybe someone else on here can answer that one for you???

When you say no postmark, do you mean nothing from the postoffice that has where it came from and cancels out the stamp on it, or nothing that says this letter has been mailed from a correctional institution? The former, I have never heard before and can't imagine how that would get through, the latter I have had a few letters that didnt say from a CI.

I understand you getting upset, if he says he has no money and only you to help him, but his account says different. Have you been able to talk yet? I would not deposit anything into his account until you talk, and would tell him what info you have from the hotline and see how he reacts. He doesn't have family that has put money in there? Or maybe it was in his account in county and transferred with him? Is the balance growing or just that he has money and says he doesn't?

You obviously care very much for him, so please be careful and make sure he's not playing games with you and/or using you. And the best advice I can give, and have been given, is to trust your gut instincts...even if it is not what you want it to be, if you feel something is wrong, it probably is. I know this is a very difficult time for you, it will all become clearer in the next few weeks, so as hard as it is try to be patient and not worry yourself sick!!
He is obviously ok, he knows you care and havent forgotten about him so
take a deep breath and try to relax and take care of yourself

"Together we are a circle, no start and no end" -Adam
Old 10-08-2010, 05:56 PM
LOVE knows NO TIME

Adam's Sunshine......

Yes, I am totally upset today. Me and him have been together off and on for YEARS, we have known each other almost our whole lives. I care about him deeply and he feels the same, but I won't kid myself, he can be a liar.....
We recently re-connected and he tells me he has NO ONE to help him, no support at all from family, no friends, that I am the only one to stand by him, yet SOMEONE not me is depositing money into his account and ALOT of it. There were two separate deposits on Oct 5th and Oct 7th.......
He knows I am struggling, so if he has someone else to send him money WHY is he asking me for it? I feel that he is trying to use me, it sucks cause I love him to death.
I wrote him a letter today and point blank asked him WHO is sending him the money and that if all he wants his money from me than to stop writing.
This sucks......
He probably won't get that letter for DAYS.......he hasn't told me yet if he has gotten any of my letters or put in his phone list.
I am not going to send him any money, until I make sure he is truthful and actually needs it.
I guess if he wants me there and loves me the same, he will respond to my letter, we shall see.
When I say the postmark, I mean the stamp from the USPS showing the date it was mailed. The letters have the black stamp (mailed from a correctional facility) but that is it. I don't know when they were sent out, so I don't know how long it is taking them to get there.
I mailed him his first letter 7 days ago today, I hope he has it by now.
You are right, I gotta take care of myself and understand what is meant to be will happen.......
Old 10-08-2010, 06:28 PM
Administrator Emeritus
Donation Award 

Thanked 6,545 Times in 3,575 Posts

One of the deposits could have been money he may have had in the county jail. They do transfer that money to DOC. Hang in there!

"To thine own self be true" - William Shakespeare

He's home!!!!
Old 10-09-2010, 12:08 PM

Smile

Quote:
Adam's Sunshine......

Yes, I am totally upset today. Me and him have been together off and on for YEARS, we have known each other almost our whole lives. I care about him deeply and he feels the same, but I won't kid myself, he can be a liar.....
We recently re-connected and he tells me he has NO ONE to help him, no support at all from family, no friends, that I am the only one to stand by him, yet SOMEONE not me is depositing money into his account and ALOT of it. There were two separate deposits on Oct 5th and Oct 7th.......
He knows I am struggling, so if he has someone else to send him money WHY is he asking me for it? I feel that he is trying to use me, it sucks cause I love him to death.
I wrote him a letter today and point blank asked him WHO is sending him the money and that if all he wants his money from me than to stop writing.
This sucks......
He probably won't get that letter for DAYS.......he hasn't told me yet if he has gotten any of my letters or put in his phone list.
I am not going to send him any money, until I make sure he is truthful and actually needs it.
I guess if he wants me there and loves me the same, he will respond to my letter, we shall see.
When I say the postmark, I mean the stamp from the USPS showing the date it was mailed. The letters have the black stamp (mailed from a correctional facility) but that is it. I don't know when they were sent out, so I don't know how long it is taking them to get there.
I mailed him his first letter 7 days ago today, I hope he has it by now.
You are right, I gotta take care of myself and understand what is meant to be will happen.......
it's hard being out here and not letting you're mind wander. i don't think there is any way you can find out who is depositing $. but you came call inmate trust every few days and be able to know when the last deposit was made and the dollar amount. then just track it.....for your own sanity. i usually send odd amounts of money each time so i can keep track of deposits and then i know which gets there first, cause i've had it happen where a deposit that i sent on the first registered after one i sent on the 7th. hope this helps. if he doesn't know you can check...don't tell him.....in the beginning my son wasn't aware i could check...so i would ask him what was in his account, and fortunately for his sake he told me the truth.....over the years, i've been "hustled" for $ by my son, so this was his opportunity to "redeem" himself without him even knowing he was doing it. after about a month, i let him know what i did...we both had a good laugh.....sometimes ya just gotta do what ya gotta do!
Old 10-13-2010, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Thank you Adam's Sunshine for responding so fast!
I am going crazy with worry, somehow I have to learn how to deal with this cause I have 5 long years ahead of me.
I already have an account with CBS (from when he was in county) and have had my land line # added to it. He told me he doesn't need a copy of the phone bill, but I am starting to think otherwise.
I am just so worried after reading everyone's post about mail slowness or non-delivery period that he is not going to get my letters and think I forgot about him. I guess I am just going to have to learn to play this waiting game.
I didn't have to send a copy of my phone bill (I'm listed in phone directory) but my son had to have his uncle send a copy of his bill- (his number was unlisted). I'm sure he knows you didn't forget about him, you have no control on the speed of DOC. I didn't like paying the fees for western union and jpay so I would just send $ weekly through the Inmate Trust Fund, I would send a request for forms and a self-addressed stamped envelope and I would get it back within a week and they are available at VISO
Old 10-26-2010, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacealright View Post
My boyfriend is being sent to the Central Florida Reception Center sometime soon..Does anyone know how long it will be before he can call me? He has my land line phone number, but does anyone know how to transfer his calls from the landline to my cell? Do I have to use a service like Global Tel Link or do the charges just show up on my phone bill? How soon until I can see him?

Please write back, I am very confused and I miss him so much. Thanks.
I called CBS today and was told CRFC does not allow phone calls made to cell phones. i too do not have a landline and havent heard from my honey since he got there on 10/21/10.
Old 11-26-2010, 02:45 PM

my boyfriend has been in there for 3 weeks now, he just got his phone list approved last week and was able to start making calls. (he got it approved by sending in a request to his CO to check on it, even thoug he has yet to "meet" with his CO yet)as far as visitation, he told me he found out you have to either be , made a permanent there or 45 days have to pass. of course, the applications have to be approved first. supposedly they will contact the inmate when they are approved and then the inmate contacts you to let you know.
Good luck to you!! Please let me know if you have any questions, im still learning myself but ill try to answer any you may have as well. Hang in there!

C
Old 11-26-2010, 10:26 PM
One Day Closer <3

My bf got transferred to reception on Nov 1st and today I am still waiting to get his call. I have cbs set up and he called saying he has his pin but the number is not approved yet. He said is co told him he needed a bill for his moms number but didn't say anything about mine. Im getting kinda eager to hear from him. He met with his co on Nov. 6th. So im not sure what the hold up is but its making me sad

Old 11-27-2010, 01:22 PM
One Day Closer <3

Sorry i meant he wrote

Old 04-21-2011, 10:38 PM
Banned

Default CFRC, where to call to see if youve been approved?

What is the number?! and do i ask to speak with his CO? not sure how this works! just wanna know if ive been approved so I can start visiting him=] thanks
Old 04-22-2011, 05:26 AM
Account Closed

Sweetie, you can't visit in cfrc unless he is a permanently there. It's a reception there no phone calls either, you will have to send in you viso form to a main camp expect him to be a cfrc for about 4-8 weeks mine was there for about 7. This is the number (407) 207-7777 , ask for the classification department and then just give them his dc number and they will tell you all the info. Good luck =)
Old 04-22-2011, 06:37 AM
Administrator Emeritus
Donation Award 

Thanked 6,545 Times in 3,575 Posts

There are calls from the reception centers as long as an inmate's phone list has been approved.

You can also visit inmate's at reception centers if they are there on a "stop over" while being transferred to another facility. The only inmates that can't receive visitors are the ones that are there strictly for reception.

"To thine own self be true" - William Shakespeare

He's home!!!!
Old 04-22-2011, 08:19 AM
Banned

sorry i should of mentioned that he is permanent there lol but thanks!!
Old 04-22-2011, 08:22 AM
Banned

yayyyy ive been approved!!!!!!! omgggggg
Old 05-08-2011, 01:42 PM
Registered Member

Default Need insight on CFRC-Main

It's finally starting to hit me hard that he's transferred, and I'm getting worried. I was wondering if anyone could share their experiences of things such as how long it took to get your first letter, first call, how long it took for HIM to get your letters, how long your lo stayed there....anything you can share. Anything is appreciated in hopes it will help put my mind at ease. I warned you I'd start going off the deep end eventually and start asking a million questions
Old 05-08-2011, 02:04 PM

Here is the thing about the FL DOC. Forget about time frames, forget about what you think should be an acceptable amount of time prior to receiving a letter or a phone call. Please understand that the FL DOC does things on their own time. I would very much like to place your mind at ease, but I will not lie to you. My experience at CFRC was a shock at first. Then they kept me there for almost a year. I was made a "permanent". Be warned, this is my own story. I saw inmates there as little as two weeks, I saw inmates there for 3 months. When people come and go is up to the FL DOC. I was actually pretty happy to be there as long as I was...I got to know the officers and I must say, they took pretty good care of me. Meaning they let me go to canteen anytime I wanted, let me run my hustle and I passed all of that on to the the inmates that didn't have a thing. Don't freak yourself out over "time frames". That is the biggest mistake you can make for yourself and it WILL take a mental toll on you. People don't get killed everyday in prison...like you see in the movies. As long as he does what he needs to do, he will be fine. The best thing you can do is be supportive and that is what you are already doing. When dealing with the FL DOC, I do not think that anyone ever can place his/her mind at ease. However, it does get better when the phone privileges are activated and he is at his permanent camp. Any more questions, feel free to message me.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to spin721 For This Useful Post:
gigi2390 (08-05-2011), mrsburrell (05-08-2011), ScottynJenny09 (06-08-2011)
Old 05-08-2011, 02:14 PM
Registered Member

I'm not looking for answers, as there aren't any. I just wanted to get a feel for what others have experienced. I'm in the "complete dark" stage of this process so anything that can be shared is a help.
Old 05-16-2011, 08:07 PM
Banned

I live in the same region as CFRC and it only takes 2 days to get the letters...

other prisons...well check my thread in the mail section... ish is crazy lol
Old 05-16-2011, 08:19 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuminati View Post
I live in the same region as CFRC and it only takes 2 days to get the letters...

other prisons...well check my thread in the mail section... ish is crazy lol
Thanks for replying His 1st letter from last Monday took 3 days. Wednesday's letter arrived today. He finally saw his CO either Tuesday or Wednesday. Custody was updated yesterday. Now to wait on the phone list
Old 05-16-2011, 08:27 PM
Banned

dang his custody was set that quick? he should be headed to perm once that phone thing is set.

is he doing well? well I'd expect him to tell u if that place sucks once he gets to his perm prison if he hasn't already.

some of my friends didnt tell me how bad orlando was til they got to their perm. prison, but they all had different experiences so it isn't the same.

did ur man get medium custody for the firearm or is he on minimum like u expected?
Old 05-16-2011, 08:36 PM
Banned

dang his custody was set that quick? he should be headed to perm once that phone thing is set.

is he doing well? well I'd expect him to tell u if that place sucks once he gets to his perm prison if he hasn't already.

some of my friends didnt tell me how bad orlando was til they got to their perm. prison, but they all had different experiences so it isn't the same.

did ur man get medium custody for the firearm or is he on minimum like u expected?