Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSOURI > Missouri Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Missouri Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Missouri

Old 07-27-2017, 08:20 PM

Unhappy How is Fulton set up? When will I hear from him? What about visits?

Hello,

I'm so lost and was wondering if someone could help me understand. My partner was sent to Fulton today and he's previously been in a MO jail for 9 months. He has to serve 3 years with a 15 year back up if he messes up on probation. Anyways we have a 3 year old at home. Can you tell me ways to help her cope with her dad being gone? Also how is Fulton set up? I haven't heard from him so I'm worried. Can someone give me a run down of what is expected of him? When will I be able to hear from him? Do they ever get visits? I thought jail was rough for us, prison has me terrified.

Anyways any information helps! Thank you in advance!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2017, 09:00 PM
Beach Girl

I'd suggest writing a similar post in the prison specific forum or the state specific forum.. you may be able to find more specific answers regarding the facility your inmate is in. That being said, Fulton is a Reception and Diagnostic Center. This is basically a facility where they do medical/psychological tests, etc... and this helps the system determine what type of facility the inmate should be in, where, and how high of a security. As the website states, "During the intake and assignment orientation period, inmates are allowed a single two hour non-contact visit each month." It looks as though you'll have to be approved first, so I'd send a letter to your inmate regarding him requesting visitation, etc.. (http://www.prisonpro.com/content/ful...gnostic-center)

Here is the mailing address if you want to send a letter to your inmate:
Inmate Mailing Address:
Inmate Name, ID Number
​Fulton Reception and Diagnostic Center
P.O. Box 190, State Route O
Fulton, MO 65251

Typically from what I've heard, read on here, and by my inmate's experience... prison is much better than jail. Hopefully your inmate has the same type of experience.

As for helping the 3 year old cope with their father being incarcerated or "gone".. I'd recommend looking into your child seeing a "play therapist"... it may be able to help them.
If I read your post right, you said that he's already been gone for nearly a year... is your child just now reacting to their father being gone?

Sending lots of love and luck your way! Hopefully my information helped you.
Old 07-28-2017, 06:42 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 35,815 Times in 16,494 Posts

I've moved your thread to the Missouri forum for you

You may want to take a look at (and bookmark) Missouri's DOC page. They have a Family & Friends Handbook pdf, info on email, phone, how to put money on his books, visitation (including a printable visitation application), etc :
http://doc.mo.gov/

Prison is better than jail - for him. There are more programs/classes, yard time, and opportunities for employment.

Welcome to PTO

patchouli, PTO Admin