Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSISSIPPI > Mississippi Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Mississippi Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Mississippi.

Old 01-14-2012, 04:32 AM

Default Does anyone know how long it takes to hear from a loved one after transfer

Does anyone know how long it takes to hear from a loved one after they been switched to a different Unit in the prison? I can not wait for this waiting to end,I hope not to much longer til I hear from him I worry no matter how much he ensures me that he is alright.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2012, 09:13 AM

I got a call the next day. Its really no delay because they are at the same prison.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernGyrl View Post
I got a call the next day. Its really no delay because they are at the same prison.
I had received a letter a few days ago. As far as calls I cant get those but his Dad can. Also he his waiting on his stamps to come in so it will be a little while before I get letters again.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:37 AM

You aren't on his call list? If not, it won't be long before he updates I guess.

I hate that it takes almost 2 weeks for them to get canteen orders too. I made my love promise to order a book of stamps twice a month because I need my letters. I know you'll be happy when he gets them. Have you gotten your visitation plans worked out?
Old 01-21-2012, 11:57 PM

Quote:
You aren't on his call list? If not, it won't be long before he updates I guess.

I hate that it takes almost 2 weeks for them to get canteen orders too. I made my love promise to order a book of stamps twice a month because I need my letters. I know you'll be happy when he gets them. Have you gotten your visitation plans worked out?
Well I only have a cellphone and Im still with my folks for now. Yeah I will be Im going to have a ton of letters by the time he gets to send them all. No not yet I know it will be on a Saturday and have get there real early to get the first bus but Im assuming when he gets his stamps that he will either send the visit forms to his Dad since his Dad will be going to visit as well and I will not go alone lol Or he will send the visit forms individually. But idk who suppost to give him the forms so he can give them to us. Im bout to just call the prison my self.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:50 AM

You can receive calls on your cellphone like any other phone and no one knows who you are talking to unless you tell. You will just have to set up a prepaid account to accept them. It's really simple to do.

His counselor will give him several forms and they send them to family and friends. He can send them out how he wants. Each round of is only good for 6 months so you want to get it in quickly.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:17 AM

Quote:
You can receive calls on your cellphone like any other phone and no one knows who you are talking to unless you tell. You will just have to set up a prepaid account to accept them. It's really simple to do.

His counselor will give him several forms and they send them to family and friends. He can send them out how he wants. Each round of is only good for 6 months so you want to get it in quickly.
Ill see about getting a prepaid but I doubt that its necessary since he only has 11 months and a week left. I know about the 6 month thing. Ill just have to wait and see when he sends the visit forms. Or for whatever reason just keep writing and wait til he is out to see him. I dont get why he hasnt sent or got forms to send his Dad at least yet but Just have to play it by ear I suppose.