Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > CDCR - What You Need to Know > California Prison Visitation - General Q&A
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Prison Visitation - General Q&A This forum is for general, nonspecific questions & discussions related to visitation in California facilities. If you have a question about or want to discuss visitation in a specific facility, please visit that facility's subforum in the California forum.

Old 03-07-2007, 01:52 PM

Default anything on Desert View MCCF???

My Brother was just sent to Desert View MCCF in Adelanto CA. I can't find any info on it here. I have heard it is a private owned facility. What does that mean? I need to know visiting guidelines. And also anything you know about the noterized paper needed to take his son to visit. Plan to visit on Saturday.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2007, 11:32 PM
Joined at the heart!

4myLil... you will not be visiting Saturday, sorry. You have to reapply. I have posted in a few threads some real good reading on Desert View. Also, you will need a notorized letter from your nephew's mom giving permission for you to take him.

Here are some links to other threads to give you more information: Good luck!!

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94620
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=255480

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4myLil'Bro
My Brother was just sent to Desert View MCCF in Adelanto CA. I can't find any info on it here. I have heard it is a private owned facility. What does that mean? I need to know visiting guidelines. And also anything you know about the noterized paper needed to take his son to visit. Plan to visit on Saturday.

Dusty’s Lady

HE'S HOME!!
As of July 25, 2007!!
And I am STILL loving it!!
Old 03-09-2007, 02:55 PM

Thanks for answering my post. I did reapply for visitation and was approved for desert view so I will be going on saturday. Got the noterized letter from my nephews mom and a copy of birth certificate. My brother wrote and said we would need it. Do you think a copy is okay?
Old 03-09-2007, 06:07 PM
Joined at the heart!

It can't be a copy. It has to be the original or they won't take it. AND they won't make a copy and keep it on file either, you have to bring the original letter every time too! Unless the birth certificate is a state copy.

Hope things go good, let me know!

Dusty’s Lady

HE'S HOME!!
As of July 25, 2007!!

Last edited by cadustin; 03-09-2007 at 06:08 PM..
Old 03-09-2007, 10:37 PM

You are right I called and asked if it could be a copy or original and they said it had to be an original. Errrr....It really erks me that I have called there 3 times already asking about minor visitation. They say, what do you want to know? You have to ask them direct questions, they offer no information on there own. If it weren't for all of you here I would be clueless. I arrived with just time to get the certified copy before they closed. Had to take my dad because my sister in law was at work. They won't let an Aunt get a birth certificate it must be a parent, sibling or grandparent. Errr.... (Sorry, thanks for letting me vent). My brother would be so disappointed if he didn't get to see his son.

Now I have the noterized letter from his mother saying it is okay for him to visit. (My luck I will have worded it wrong.). And a certified embossed original copy of his birth certificate. I have $20.00 in quarters dimes and nickles, and $28.00 in ones and fives. (My son and I can divide them up). We all have all black clothes set out to wear and plan to arrive at the facility at 9:00 am.

Sure hope I have'nt forgotten anything. Thanks for all your help. Will let you know how it goes.

Thanks again,

Shelli
Old 03-09-2007, 10:58 PM
Joined at the heart!

One more thing... if your son is a minor, he is not allowed to bring money in. So, if he is under 18, you can only take a total of $30.00. good luck!!

Dusty’s Lady

HE'S HOME!!
As of July 25, 2007!!