Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California Community Corrections Facilities
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Community Corrections Facilities Topics, Discussions and Information relating to CCF & MCCF in the State of California.

Old 04-12-2005, 04:55 PM

Default MCCF - Desert View

Does anyone have any information about desert view mccf in california?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2005, 08:05 PM

Default Searching - need info on Desert View MCCF

I have been searching the forms to find information about Desert View Prison, but wasn't unable to find anything information. Does anyone have any info on Desert View. Your sending the info would be greatly appreciated.

Chara

Last edited by charamc; 09-18-2005 at 08:07 PM..
Old 09-18-2005, 09:51 PM
All My Life

I've never heard of Desert View? Could you mean High Desert??? That's in Susanville.

If you live to be a hundred,
I want to live to be a hundred minus one day,
so I never have to live without you.

Old 09-19-2005, 09:01 AM

Thanks for replying but it's Desert View and it is in Aldento Ca. No one seems to have info about it.
Chara
Old 09-19-2005, 09:07 AM

Default I have also asked the same question

I have been searching for info about Desert View, and I can't find anything on the forms, Would you happen to have any info???
Chara
Old 09-19-2005, 09:40 AM
Holdin' on for dear life
Donation Award 

It's in Adelanto... one of the few private prisons still running in Cali... here's the address:
Desert View MCCF PO Box 4000 Adelanto, CA 92301

and an article from last year about it:
http://www.vvdailypress.com/2004/110045321788273.html

Let's give 'em something to talk about!

Old 09-19-2005, 09:45 AM
Holdin' on for dear life
Donation Award 

Also, from a sticky in this forum, called The CA CDCR Handbook For Family and Friends of Inmates
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96977

Community Correctional Facilities (CCFs) are operated by local governments for profit, under contract with the California Department of Corrections (CDC), with the primary goal being to alleviate the problem of crowding in state institutions by holding state prisoners in local facilities. We refer to these institutions as "public proprietary" facilities, since they are operating with the intent of profit making but they are owned (or leased) and managed by a local government, which receives the profits, made by its operation. Similar facilities are operated by private proprietary private companies for profit and are also under contract with state government. These 16 facilities currently hold 5844 inmates

Adelanto CCF, Baker CCF, Central Valley MCCF, Claremont Custody Center, Delano CCF, Desert View MCCF, Eagle Mountain CCF, Folsom CCF, Golden State MCCF, Lassen CCF, Leo Chesney Center, McFarland CCF, Mesa Verde CCF, Shafter CCF, Taft CCF and Victor Valley MCCF.

Let's give 'em something to talk about!

Old 09-19-2005, 10:03 AM

Default Please fwd info about Desert View??

I have searched and searched the forms for information about Desert View MCCF. but no one seems to having any info about the place. Do you???
Old 09-19-2005, 10:11 AM

Thanks for the info. Also, I was trying to get an idea of what type of prison it is. ie, the level of security in particular...
Old 09-19-2005, 12:30 PM
D'OH Member

I did some searching for you and kind of like I said in the PM. Its a medium security prison just outside Susanville, CA holds about 750 inmates in 5 dorm like buildings and I believe it's run by Corrections Corporation of America. Here's the address.

Desert View MCCF
10450 Rancho Road
Adelanto, CA 92301-0724
(760) 246-7446

As far as visting, and other stuff, I dont know but you could always call and ask.

Hope others come along that know.

Richard

Quote:
Originally Posted by charamc
I have searched and searched the forms for information about Desert View MCCF. but no one seems to having any info about the place. Do you???
Old 09-20-2005, 02:16 PM

Hey charamc! My husband is over at Desert View...Basically everything over at Desert View is just like any other C.A State prisons..

As far as visitation goes...they are from 8:00am-3:00pm Only on Saturdays&Sundays *Holidays included*..They are CONTACT VISITS!

If you get there between 10:45am-11:00am you won't be able to go inside you will have to leave the parking lot and come back at 11:30am..That is when they are counting the inmates

The dress code is just like any other C.a State prison(s)...
**You can't wear anything that resembles C.a inmates and C.O's..No blue...orange..green...etc..**
**No cargo pants (regardless of color) No denim (regardless of color)**
**No thong sandles**
**You can bring $30.00 in $1 or $5 dollar bills**
**Only ONE key on a key ring**

My experience over at Desert View MCCF is not all that bad.I like it over there alot more than other places where my husband has been at.The visitation form takes about 1 week to get processed.You can send money orders to your love one(s) and they would not take any restitution out of it (which is really good)...Anything else feel free to P.M me...
davisusa97 (12-11-2009)
Old 09-20-2005, 04:24 PM

My husband was at Desert View. It's a level 1/ level 2 facility I believe. The guards there are actually really nice. It isn't a bad place. It stays pretty calm. The visiting room is nice. There's an indoor area and an outdoor patio. It was about as good an experience as prison can be I guess. :-)
The Following User Says Thank You to spoken4 For This Useful Post:
davisusa97 (12-11-2009)
Old 09-21-2005, 12:40 PM

Hey charamc! My husband is over at Desert View...Basically everything over at Desert View is just like any other C.A State prisons..

As far as visitation goes...they are from 8:00am-3:00pm Only on Saturdays&Sundays *Holidays included*..They are CONTACT VISITS!

If you get there between 10:45am-11:00am you won't be able to go inside you will have to leave the parking lot and come back at 11:30am..That is when they are counting the inmates

**You can't wear anything that resembles C.a inmates and C.O's..No blue...orange..green...etc..**
**No thong sandles**

Desert View has a Facility 1 and 2 They are dorm like cells. They usually put 2 inmates in the same dorm room per cell.It is housed unit A and B.

My experience over at Desert View MCCF is not all that bad.I like it over there alot more than other places where my husband has been at.The visitation form takes about 1 week to get processed.You can send money orders to your love one(s) and they would not take any restitution out of it (which is really good)...The guards are overall very freindly.The visiting room is very nice.You both can watch t.v together, play cards, checkers, chess, draw.There is an outdoor patio visiting as well and you can enjoy some sunshine with your loved one.Anything else feel free to P.M me...
Old 11-09-2005, 04:58 PM
SLEEPSGRL

Default Thanks

I Have Been Looking Everywhere For Info On Desert View Ccf Because My Friend Was Just Transfered There On Friday And I Am Now Just Waiting For The Visiting Form To Come. I Had No Idea When The Visits Started Or Anything So I Really Appreciated Your Info. I Have Just One Question Do U Know What Time You Have To Arrive Because I Know At Some Prisons You Have To Arrive Really Early And Wait In A Long Line Untill They Let You In Do You Have To Do The Same At Desert View Also?

Thanks
Old 11-19-2005, 01:00 AM

Default Desert View MCCF ?

Hi! Does anyone have any information on Desert View MCCF? Such as receiving packages, who to order from and anything in particular that they can't have....how's the mail service there?

Thanks so very much
Old 11-21-2005, 03:52 PM

Hey kid'smadre! My husband is over at Desert View...Basically everything over at Desert View is just like any other C.A State prisons..

**No thong sandles**

The mail is pretty fast.It gets to them in about 2-3 days.And as far as packages go you could send them a package every month.You could order from Access secure pak or Walkenhorst.

My experience over at Desert View MCCF is not all that bad.I like it over there alot more than other places where my husband has been at.The visitation form takes about 1 week to get processed.You can send money orders to your love one(s) and they would not take any restitution out of it (which is really good)...Anything else feel free to P.M me...
Old 11-21-2005, 07:13 PM

rkb2005
Thanks so very much...Just mailing back visitation form.
Old 01-23-2006, 07:52 PM

thanks for the info about Desert View. Although, my son had been staying in contact with me, however, recently I have not heard from him. Also, I was infor by someone who had spoke with him recently, that my son had gotten hurt and was hospitalized. If I wanted to find out how, my son is doing whom do I contact. Will the prison let the family know if something is ???????
I have not heard from my son I would like to know if he is doing okay.

Last edited by charamc; 01-23-2006 at 07:53 PM..
Old 02-10-2006, 05:15 PM

Default Prayer for Desert View inmates

Please forward your prayer request. Also, if you would like to join me and others in praying for Desert View inmates, just send me a line.
Old 04-23-2006, 07:23 PM
One day at a time

Question Desert View, Adelanto

Hey all,
My boyfriend was just moved to Desert View MCCF in Adelano, CA. I was hoping that some of you would have information on the facility,visiting info, ect. I really appreciate it.

He's Home!!
Old 04-24-2006, 08:23 PM
Blessed
Donation Award 

Desert View MCCF
P.O. Box 3000
10450 Rancho Road
Adelanto, CA 92301-0724
(760) 246-7446

It is in San Bernadino County.
Here is a link for you to look at about visiting. As for hours you may want to call the number above between 7 am and 4pm is what I was just told when I called. Hope this helps. Best wishes.
Old 04-24-2006, 11:33 PM
Leon's Babygirl

My Man Got Moved There This Last Week. I've Never Heard Of This Place.

Old 04-26-2006, 12:18 PM
One day at a time

Thanks cysreese, Calling was very helpful.
Desert View is minimum security out in Adelanto, CA...In San Berardino county. Its about a 2 and a half hour drive from San Diego if that helps at all. The visiting hours are from 8am to about 3pm on Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays. My boyfriend told me that they're all day visits so if I wanted to I could spend the entire day with him (7 hours anyway) I'm currently waiting to find out the dress code so once I get that I'll post it. Anything else just ask and if I don't know I'll ask him.

He's Home!!
Old 04-26-2006, 03:41 PM

Man, you don't know how lucky yo are to have your man there I wish mines were there so I could see him more often.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:20 PM
One day at a time

I'm glad that he's there also. I cannot wait to find out when I can go see him.
BTW: as for the dress code, I'd recommend just wearing black pants and a non form fitting t-shirt (but not overly big so that they think you could be hiding something), no tank tops or anything showing your midrift. no flip flops, no tan/camo/blue/dark brown/jean pants goes for the shirts (excepting brown) as well. no jewelry, no underwire bras, No purses. just one key (preferrably your car), no wigs.weaves/braids,and your allowed to bring in $30 in ones, fives, and change and a clear bag to put it in if you want. plus have your picture id ready and the peice of paper that you will be sent when you're accepted to vist

He's Home!!

Last edited by sylpha; 04-26-2006 at 09:42 PM..