Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARKANSAS > Arkansas General Prison Talk, Introductions and Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arkansas General Prison Talk, Introductions and Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Arkansas that do not fit into any other Arkansas subforum. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind in addition to prison.

Old 05-22-2014, 07:34 PM

Angry Very angry and upset - they have not given him his meds for 10 days now

I don't know if the is where I should post or not but I am so mad I cannot see straight. My LO takes meds for his ADHD and it's the type you can't just quit cold turkey. The county jail where he is being held waiting for a spot at ADC has not given him his meds for 10 days now. Stoping cold turkey can cause all types of anxiety panic attacks hallucinations depression suicidal thoughts and attempts. His lawyer has called twice and they promised they would get the meds for him but still nothing today. It will take two weeks for it to get back in his system and working correctly. I don't know what else to do. It makes me so angry that they treat people like animals in these places.
Old 05-26-2014, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty'sGirl View Post
I don't know if the is where I should post or not but I am so mad I cannot see straight. My LO takes meds for his ADHD and it's the type you can't just quit cold turkey. The county jail where he is being held waiting for a spot at ADC has not given him his meds for 10 days now. Stoping cold turkey can cause all types of anxiety panic attacks hallucinations depression suicidal thoughts and attempts. His lawyer has called twice and they promised they would get the meds for him but still nothing today. It will take two weeks for it to get back in his system and working correctly. I don't know what else to do. It makes me so angry that they treat people like animals in these places.
I hope by now that your loved one was given his meds. And you're right, it's not good to stop that stuff cold turkey. Praying that he is feeling ok and that things worked out. The whole system is frustrating and it's hard to get sympathy from anyone there or otherwise, because these people are, afterall, "inmates". Anymore I just think ADC needs to change their name to "Arkansas Department of We're Just Gonna Keep You Down". Almost all of them want to set these inmates up for failure. I'm so thankful for the program my husband is in, but if it wasn't for what he's learned so far, the CO's and up would've already had him out of there. But for the grace of God.
Old 05-27-2014, 05:49 PM

No we are still fighting getting him his meds. I feel so dang helpless. I wish they would get him out of county and in to ADC. The county folks have it out for him anyway that's why he is where he is now.
Old 05-28-2014, 08:13 PM

sorry to hear that. sometimes it can still be tricky to get meds lined out once in adc. it's like pulling teeth to get the one my husband needs and it's just a special lotion. but he said recently they got a new medical company overseeing the doctors and nurses and such, so maybe that will help line out the problems there. praying for you guys.
Old 05-28-2014, 08:58 PM

Thanked 9,090 Times in 5,214 Posts

The reality is that very few agencies are going to continue a prescription for what amounts to methamphetamine. And that is basically what ADHD meds are. The ongoing prescription is not a life-or-death thing and few courts are going to intervene and direct that an agency provide controlled stimulants to a person in a custodial setting.
Old 06-19-2014, 12:59 PM

Well we got his meds!!!! Yay! They had been court ordered for over a year prior to this and they were non amphetamine based so he got them!