Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California General Prison Talk Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in California that do not fit into any other California subforum.

Old 08-17-2019, 11:29 AM

Default What are ways inmates extort another inmate and their families?

I would like to hear if anyone had to figure out if your LO owes money because they are buying whatever or if your LO is looking for money because an inmate has threatened them for money.

What are ways inmates exhort another inmate and their families? How do you tell the difference between exhortion from your LO and another inmate using your LO.

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2019, 12:31 PM
The Cowtown Moderator

Thanked 6,269 Times in 1,684 Posts

The obvious one is when you're asked to put money on someone else's books other than you're loved one. Here in Texas they watch for that kind of stuff, too. When you notice the money you send this month is gone much faster than in the past can be an indicator, as well, but there may be more to it than that. It may not be extortion when they go through the money you send them in a shorter time frame.
How can you tell if extortion is actually being committed? That can be tricky. You're on the outside looking in and unless your loved one is willing to take action whether it be informing staff or writing you and informing you.......it can remain in the dark for some time to come. If you're concerned about it, call the unit your loved one is assigned to and speak to the warden's office.
Snitching or sticking your nose in someone else's business are always the rebuttals or scare tactics of the those who disagree. Still.....predators are predators and as long as there are those to prey on then, so they will. Thank the Lord that those such as you who take an interest in knowing the truth and what it is to be done for the sake of helping someone who is afraid and to some degree defenseless.
Some of the gangs in prison are all about the extortion game, but some are not. Some gangs are about reputation and brotherhood. I've never been in a gang, but I've seen both sides of the extortion issue with them. Some are 100% about extortion and some are not. You also see individual extortion/predators.....who use their size, the convict "I'm badder than the baddest" attitude that they come at some one with.
I had 4 kids try to intimidate me with the extortion bit several years ago here at a unit in Texas and I took the fight to them. I didn't wait on anything to happen on their end. We got busy sorting that issue out within minutes of when one of them opened their mouth about "you better give me" and when we finished reaching that understanding I had a broken nose and a tooth knocked out. Still....I kept what was mine and my pride along with it.
Not everyone is "willing to go to any length" on some issues in prison and extortion is one of them, sadly. I hope everything works out.
408MoonGem (08-17-2019)
Old 08-17-2019, 02:12 PM

Thank you for your reply.

can the Warden be trusted? How is retaliation prevented? There has already been repeated fights.

The letters written by inmates are read before they are mailed out, right? How does an inmate talk about what is going on without being labeled a snitch?

Can you name the gangs that are about exhortion?
Do gangs threaten inmates with violence for money?

If the LO needs money to pay a debt owed, could they be killed if not paid?

When does the family make a decision not to send money knowing the LO will be killed or be given a life changing physical challenge whether it's from a debt owed or exhortion from a gang?

I know, lots of questions but it seems like this subject is huge. There is not a handbook on how the right way to handle the money/exhorting thing. It's easy to say dont send it but if a LO will be physically harmed by rape, dismemberment or death, what does one do.

Such a fine line and so disturbing.

Thank you!
Old 08-17-2019, 02:54 PM
The Cowtown Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannbean64 View Post
Thank you for your reply.

can the Warden be trusted? How is retaliation prevented? There has already been repeated fights.

The letters written by inmates are read before they are mailed out, right? How does an inmate talk about what is going on without being labeled a snitch?

Can you name the gangs that are about exhortion?
Do gangs threaten inmates with violence for money?

If the LO needs money to pay a debt owed, could they be killed if not paid?

When does the family make a decision not to send money knowing the LO will be killed or be given a life changing physical challenge whether it's from a debt owed or exhortion from a gang?

I know, lots of questions but it seems like this subject is huge. There is not a handbook on how the right way to handle the money/exhorting thing. It's easy to say dont send it but if a LO will be physically harmed by rape, dismemberment or death, what does one do.

Such a fine line and so disturbing.

Thank you!
Can the warden be trusted to do...........what? If it's the warden's job to look into who involved as to who is the predator and who is the prey & deal with the parties accordingly then, its safe to say someone is not going to be happy, someone is going to be exposed and someone may have to watch over their shoulder for awhile, but....maybe not.
You need to remember, the people who work in prison are better suited, better trained and better abled to deal with a problem like this than anyone else. How effective they are at doing their job is subject to change at any time. And make no mistake, there are correctional officers and prison administrators the world over that care about our loved ones and go to great lengths to ensure safety and order. There always has been and there always will be.
Still, is there a a foolproof 100% no repercussions solution to dealing with extortion? No, there is not. In prison, there will always be those that are preyed upon. It's greater in some places than others and it's greater at some times than others.
As to the aftermath of an extortion ring......it's just my take on it from what I've seen here in Texas and I've seen it more than once. Most people regardless of their opinion for or against whoever was involved in the extortion scenario and that includes those who may be affiliated or are gang members, are mindful of something written and sang about a few moons back and it's the truth....it's the real truth:

Well, you wake up in the mornin', you hear the work bell ring,
And they march you to the table to see the same old thing.
Ain't no food upon the table, and no pork up in the pan.
But you better not complain, boy, you get in trouble with the man

[left]Who are the gangs that extort? The ones that don't have enough troubles to deal with. What does the warden, classification, the parole board, loss of privileges, loss of line class, commissary restriction, loss of visitation, Administrative Segregation, bad treatment from correctional officers who on the cool & out of sight don't like extortionists..........all those things just mentioned.....THEY MAKE IT REAL CLEAR THAT IF YOU DON'T HAVE ENOUGH TROUBLES IN PRISON AND YOU CHOOSE TO EXTORT SOMEONE THEN, WE'LL HELP YOU GET CAUGHT UP ON HAVING ENOUGH TROUBLES. YOU'LL HAVE SO MUCH TROUBLE WITH EVEN THE SIMPLE THINGS, YOU'RE LUCKY IN SOME INSTANCES IF YOU HAVE TOILET PAPER TO WIPE YOUR #SS WITH.

And so, I say that to say this, if someone you know is being extorted don't worry about the repercussions, that's what the warden gets paid to do and just look at him or her like "you're in good hands with Allstate" or something. We all have a job to do in the prison experience, inside there and outside here. Keep it simple and recite the Firebrand mantra:

Loved ones are to be treated with love
Friends are to be treated with friendship
Bullies are to bullied
Old 08-17-2019, 03:38 PM

I would not be going to any warden without your man knowing, he is grown. If I called the warden my man would not be happy at all. Some men will also tell their out mate they are being extorted when they are really just gambling or doing drugs. If he owes a debt and doesn’t pay it he could get be beat up or he could be directed by who he owes to go fight someone and go to the hole to pay off the debt.
Old 08-17-2019, 05:39 PM
The Cowtown Moderator

Extortion is a complicated subject to be 100% correct on defining as well as correcting. Yes, as Kimimi said there are those that run game and use extortion as a front to hide or cover up wrong doing on their part to do with debts that are owed. There are those that would rather keep matters as they are rather than have the warden involved. Those are conditions and mindsets that are common among our kind inside....don't rock the boat, just bear and grin.
Here in Texas at a unit I was assigned to at one time, someone I was serving time with began a pattern of asking for money to placed on another prisoner's inmate trust fund account by his parents. They in turn contacted the warden's office and an investigation was done. When that happened and for what ever reason, it created a domino effect. More extortion cases were exposed. More action was taken. More reforms were put in place. A greater effort was put forth to put those who prey upon others in check and it has been effective. And how did it start? It started with someone on the outside who cared enough to do something about it.
Fear is always what they want us to experience and be influenced by when it comes some like extortion, rape or any number of abuses that happen in prison. Fear....the predators use fear. If it's going to end.....it has to be with the mindset of fearlessness. Otherwise, they'll keep on preying on men and women who come along that look like easy prey. The action that one of you takes today doesn't just affect someone you know, it can make the difference for the next man or woman who has face the same circumstances. They don't go there to be extorted or raped or forced into a gang. THEY GO THERE TO DO THEIR TIME AND COME HOME. How do you want him or her come home? Beaten down and dejected because of some #ssh#le who never made to face the truth about their own bad behavior? Stand up.....we all have a job to do in this. If it's ride or die then earn your shields like the little soldiers and living angels you are. Watch over him or her.
gvalliant (08-18-2019), sidewalker (08-18-2019)
Old 08-17-2019, 06:50 PM

We are talking about a grown man here not a juvenile. I’m saying don’t do it behind his back. If he wants you to report it by all means do so. Every relationship is different but just because he’s locked up doesn’t mean he is not a man. I would not call his boss at work on the outside so why would I call his warden? Not to mention it’s no rarity to come across a dirty warden that doesn’t do crap. What if nobody is extorting him but now somehow it gets out his old lady started and investigation? I’ve seen relationships break up because of just this very issue. I hope that’s not the case but just want to share what I’ve seen.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kimimi For This Useful Post:
Firebrand (08-17-2019)
Old 08-17-2019, 07:52 PM

Thank you for all your thoughts!
The Following User Says Thank You to jeannbean64 For This Useful Post:
Firebrand (08-17-2019)
Old 08-17-2019, 10:51 PM

Default Heres the deal

In California...
Putting money on someone else's account doesn't mean that they are being extorted, it means that your loved one probably owes restitution and doesn't want CDCR to take 55% of the money you send him. Yes, this is a fact. If you send your loved one $100 and they owe restitution, cdcr only gives them 45$ of it. Meaning you just helped pay their restitution. So Inmates ask that you send money to other inmates books who doesn't owe restitution so they can go to canteen for the full amount.

Extortion is rare, usually your loved one would have to be getting punked for having a sex offense on their criminal record on a GP yard for that to happen..

Now, here is a sad fact.

If you are noticing too much money is being asked for in the amounts of $25, $50, 75, $100 all the time, it is usually for drugs. Prison "Papers" are the terminology used by the gangs that sell drugs.
The "hits" of drugs are very small and are sold in $25, $50, $75, $100 etc... in $25 increments.

The first sign is they ask you for walmart to walmarts, GreenDot Moneypaks and Western Unions.
95% of the time buying drugs.

For the other 5% there may be time to time deals that they buy a TV or Radio from another inmate that costs $100 or so (usually less).

The drug addicted inmate will almost always sound desperate and stress their family member out over the money.

In all reality, if their safety is in question they can "roll it up" and tell and officer their safety is in jeopardy.

If your loved one is demanding and begging for ridiculous amounts of money they are probably strung out on heroine or meth.

Don't be like "Not my loved one, never!" Believe it, its true.

Trust me when I tell you I have more experience with this than almost anyone on this forum.

I can probably narrow down exactly what is being purchased if you tell me the amounts being demanded.

Last edited by PapaSmurf; 08-17-2019 at 11:00 PM.. Reason: Spelling Mistakes
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PapaSmurf For This Useful Post:
100%Hiz (09-01-2019), ADmom (08-18-2019), jeannbean64 (08-17-2019), sidewalker (08-18-2019)
Old 08-17-2019, 11:45 PM

Papasmurf, thank you for your reply. The amount of money that is/was owed is more than triple the amount you mentioned. The increase of the amount is a red flag and I am trying to figure out if he is using or being used.
I am thinking he is using and was jumped due to debt owed.
So hard when we don't know for sure. Just a large amount of money in my world.

I appreciate everyone's input!!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jeannbean64 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (08-18-2019), gvalliant (08-18-2019), sidewalker (08-18-2019)
Old 08-18-2019, 12:36 AM

Default Using

Using...
Guaranteed.

The bigger problem is if you pay their debts, the drug dealers will get them in debt again and again making sure they are always getting paid.

The end result of not paying the debt is always getting "smashed" off the yard.

They usually DP "Discipline" the first few times by beating them up.
Then they get removed (Smashed) off the yard for not paying their drug debts (Considered stealing from the drug dealers).

The Whiteboys and Southsiders dont play, and the only thing they do all day long is plot and scheme on how to get dope into the prison and then get people hooked on it and then get the money. The drug dealers in prison are human trash and best believe when I say this, they deserve to be in prison and whatever comes to them when it does happen to them until they make the decision to change their lives.

Until then, for all the poor families out their dealing with their loved ones using them for dope money, god bless all of you.

For all you "ladies" out there who are constantly being told to get Greendots, Moneypaks, Gift Cards, $50 ammounts all the time, $100, $200 you are probably being used. Most of these guys call 3 to 4 different women all day to pay for their drug problems.

Sorry to break it to ya.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PapaSmurf For This Useful Post:
100%Hiz (09-01-2019), gvalliant (08-18-2019), missingdee (08-19-2019), sidewalker (08-18-2019), Taliba00 (08-31-2019)
Old 08-18-2019, 10:34 AM
The Cowtown Moderator

Hmm…..well….I would do well to keep my comments and war stories over in the Texas forum where I’m assigned to. Papasmurf has a much more knowledgeable and reasonable explanation to do with what the thread is about. I’ve been in jail in northern California (Eureka) back in the early 1980s, but aside from that I’m not real knowledgeable about the ins and outs of the prison system there and it shows. When I got in trouble in your home state, they cut me a break and why they did that, I often look back and wonder. The only thing the judge made me agree to verbally that was not paper was “I hope you go back to Texas and never come here again because if you do”…….well…..you know the rest. I have an older sibling that’s been in prison there in Cali since April of 1985. He’s at CMF in Vacaville. Did 20+ years at Soledad, Corcoran (that’s a hell hole for sure) and a few other places. CMF has been his home for…..I don’t know?
Anyway, I’ve done 18 years here in Texas and sometimes I am surprised at the differences in the two states where prison and parole are concerned. You have more people in prison than in Texas, but you have 35 or so prisons. Your prisons are huge compared to ours. California has 183,000 prisoners right now. Texas has probably 150,000 or so. But in Texas we have 100+ prisons throughout the state. Coffield in Tennessee Colony, TX is the largest prison in the state general population wise which holds 3,800 whereas Soledad there in California holds what is it…12,000 men, something like that?
Parole is an even more confusing difference in the two states. In California you actually go before the parole board and get your answer right there on the spot. If there are those that protest that wish to appear in person, they too are present at your hearing. Here in Texas, when you come up for parole you don’t see anyone when they actually vote. If you don’t request a copy of your minutes, you won’t know who voted. When someone protests your parole in Texas, you won’t know anything about it because they don’t want anyone doing time to know who that protester is.
I’ve done time with several men that are from California over the years who did time in California before coming here and serving time in Texas and most all of you say the same thing about doing time here in Texas as opposed to California, the time you do in Texas is harder. I think California is a more dangerous place to do time from what I gather, but the time you do in Texas is harder if that makes any sense. Still, Californians say that they’d rather do their time in CDC than TDCJ. It’s the fear factor….the not knowing what’s going factor to do with parole or when am I getting out or why the hell is it I did everything you asked to make parole and still won’t give it to me? Part that makes Texas the place that it is, I suppose.
Things have calmed down somewhat racially in the Texas Prison System over the years, but its still a lion’s den in between the lines. In California, I get the impression the racial issue is much more…..you hang with your own kind and you don’t deviate from that. If you do……then you’re on your own. Is that true? I don’t know. There’s some things that you take for granted that have been set in place for a long time in California and I’m sure the same holds true in my home state.
So…..it’s been a long walk from the Texas forum to the California forum, but these size 13 Tony Lama boots I have on can handle just about anything. Hope everything is rosy and earthquake free today there out west and uh…..just remember…….what happens in California needs to stay in California and you know why?

But when you cross that ol' Red River hoss,
That just don't mean a thing
Once you're down in Texas, Bob Wills is still the King
ADmom (08-18-2019), missingdee (08-19-2019)
Old 08-18-2019, 11:33 AM

I have a couple of questions, if you don't mind.

Does "smashed" of the yard mean killed?

Are all white inmates called "The Whiteboys"? If so, are you saying they all do this? My son is white and I usually put between $60-$150 on his account per month, and they take 55% of it. I also ordered a quarterly package of food for him. I don't want to be involved in anything drug-related so does this sound legit or possibly not? Thank you for your insight.

The Whiteboys and Southsiders dont play, and the only thing they do all day long is plot and scheme on how to get dope into the prison and then get people hooked on it and then get the money. The drug dealers in prison are human trash and best believe when I say this, they deserve to be in prison and whatever comes to them when it does happen to them until they make the decision to change their lives.
Old 08-18-2019, 12:05 PM

Thanked 4,013 Times in 1,226 Posts

As a casual observer of prison politics (as an employee of the prison but not a CO) it is overwhelmingly more likely to be a debt owed or a drug issue rather than just someone saying “give me money or I’ll hurt you” - even if your family member tells you otherwise.

It’s not what families want to hear because it makes their loved one culpable but that’s the tough truth.
Old 08-18-2019, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADmom View Post

Are all white inmates called "The Whiteboys"? If so, are you saying they all do this? My son is white and I usually put between $60-$150 on his account per month, and they take 55% of it. I also ordered a quarterly package of food for him. I don't want to be involved in anything drug-related so does this sound legit or possibly not? Thank you for your insight.

I personally wouldn’t be too worried with the amounts that you have been sending him since they are taking 55% of it. Once you factor that in he is only getting $27-$67.50, after they are taking the 55%, to buy any hygiene items he might be low on, any extra food he might like, phone minutes, etc... Mind you my boyfriend is in Ohio but this last week he spent a little over $40 on the random things he needed ranging from some extra food to soap to wash his clothes and this is with him getting random things he gets low on the other 3 weeks of the month.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amandainohio For This Useful Post:
ADmom (08-18-2019), gvalliant (08-18-2019)
Old 08-18-2019, 02:20 PM

Default Ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADmom View Post

Inmates on "Active" also known as "GP" prison yards segregate themselves based on their race. Whiteboys are exactly that..."White". Within the "White" group (also known as the White "Car")not all, but most of the active inmates try to use other peoples books to avoid restitution (if that is what you are asking, your question wasnt clear).

As far as "Smashed" that means extremely beat up.

The terminology for getting stabbed is "whacked" which usually results in attempted murder or murder. Usually you have to have done something extremely messed up for that to happen though. The gangs within the races usually try to "whack" a child molester for example.
The Following User Says Thank You to PapaSmurf For This Useful Post:
gvalliant (08-18-2019)
Old 08-18-2019, 04:10 PM

Thanked 1,643 Times in 690 Posts

This has been escalating. Likely talking $60 - $150 every few days, not every month...

When addicts use on the yard, sellers know who they are and will be hanging around his cell and not leaving him alone whenever he's out of his cell. Trying to sell more. They know he's a paying customer. If you just stop paying, they'll keep selling to him on "credit". He'll likely pile up debt and get more desparate. Addicts do that. And then what PapaSmurf describes happens.

The fix requires both him and jeannbean. Don't pay. He must get off the yard. He must stop using and make new yard a new start or dealers will be selling to him soon after he gets there and you've accomplished nothing. Almost every yard - GP, SNY, Integrated - has dealers. It is big $ in California prisons. High level dealers on many yards make more money than many of us make on the outside.

Some guys move from yard to yard leaving debt. Every movement and reason for movement is on their C file. 2nd and 3rd time the guards will deny transfer unless they admit debt and / or using drugs to get guards to cooperate. Which means writeups and 115 and discipline. And a reputation. It all escalates and catches up one way or the other.

You can help now. Long term solution is all on him. He has to find a way to beat this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gvalliant For This Useful Post:
jeannbean64 (08-18-2019), sidewalker (08-19-2019)
Old 08-18-2019, 05:27 PM

Thumbs up Accurate

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvalliant View Post
This has been escalating. Likely talking $60 - $150 every few days, not every month...

When addicts use on the yard, sellers know who they are and will be hanging around his cell and not leaving him alone whenever he's out of his cell. Trying to sell more. They know he's a paying customer. If you just stop paying, they'll keep selling to him on "credit". He'll likely pile up debt and get more desparate. Addicts do that. And then what PapaSmurf describes happens.

The fix requires both him and jeannbean. Don't pay. He must get off the yard. He must stop using and make new yard a new start or dealers will be selling to him soon after he gets there and you've accomplished nothing. Almost every yard - GP, SNY, Integrated - has dealers. It is big $ in California prisons. High level dealers on many yards make more money than many of us make on the outside.

Some guys move from yard to yard leaving debt. Every movement and reason for movement is on their C file. 2nd and 3rd time the guards will deny transfer unless they admit debt and / or using drugs to get guards to cooperate. Which means writeups and 115 and discipline. And a reputation. It all escalates and catches up one way or the other.

You can help now. Long term solution is all on him. He has to find a way to beat this.
Extremely accurate, well said.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PapaSmurf For This Useful Post:
gvalliant (08-18-2019), sidewalker (08-19-2019)
Old 08-18-2019, 05:58 PM
The Cowtown Moderator

Much has been said, but when it comes to the issue of extortion many of you have either evaded the truth or it may be you really don't know anything about it. Just because you did time in prison or just because you worked at a prison doesn't qualify you as an authority on it. And I'm trying to make a point here. I'm not bashing anyone or in need of being the center of attention.

Sometimes the hardest thing that a mother, a wife or a soul mate will have to do where the prison experience is concerned is to have the courage to accept what common sense reveals to them. This an issue (extortion) that's just common sense. You really don't think that in prisons all across America there are not those with much time, no money ,no family, no resources and no conscious what so ever about taking advantage of some one who has all those things? And that it is a rare occurrence?
And so....I'll put an address on what I'm saying. I'm not trying to scare anyone or be melodramatic here, but people have a right to know the truth when they come to PTO and ask questions.

The truth is where extortion and even sexual assault in prison are concerned those of us who are white males and white females that enter the system particularly in their 20s and 30s....we're the ones that experience the hardships of something like extortion. And when I hear that word "white boy".......hell.......you don't know anything about it. If you did you wouldn't use that term. It's disrespectful to call someone that. They don't send boys or girls to do time in men or women's penitentiary, they send men there and they send women there. But thats OK,YOU DON'T SHAME US WHEN YOU TALK LIKE THAT, YOU ONLY SHAME YOURSELF.

I know all about it....more than any of you, thats for sure. Take a long hard look at that avatar beside my name and you can see where I've been and what I've faced. It's not right to look down on anyone because of the color of their skin or because they're young or because they don't know any better. And yet, that's what can happen to us when we go there.

The only thing I have going for me is that I was ready for prison when I went there. No extorted me....no one raped me, but it wasn't because they didn't try. That name Firebrand.....it's not just a game to me. I've stood up for others in there that were victims of extortion and victims of sexual assault. This thread isn't about me, but all the things that you say aren't so....they are so. There are many truths in prison, don't discredit mine or any of us who've bared those hardships just because it didn't happen to you or because you worked there and didn't see it. THERE'S A LOT THINGS IN LIFE WE DON'T SEE, BUT WE STILL HAVE TO FACE THEM WHEN IT'S OUR TIME TO DO SO.
4Bobby (08-19-2019), ADmom (08-18-2019), Amandainohio (08-18-2019), Itshardtowait (08-19-2019), jeannbean64 (08-18-2019), maytayah (08-26-2019), sass4221 (08-25-2019)
Old 08-18-2019, 06:31 PM

Firebrand, I appreciate your compassion and honesty. Those of us who struggle with the emotions of not knowing what to do is such an emotional battle.
Being able to live with the decision to help, (not enable) or not help our LO. This is a true struggle to know the difference.
Your input and education is much appreciated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jeannbean64 For This Useful Post:
Firebrand (08-18-2019), gvalliant (08-18-2019)
Old 08-18-2019, 07:42 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post
Much has been said, but when it comes to the issue of extortion many of you have either evaded the truth or it may be you really don't know anything about it. Just because you did time in prison or just because you worked at a prison doesn't qualify you as an authority on it. And I'm trying to make a point here. I'm not bashing anyone or in need of being the center of attention.

Sometimes the hardest thing that a mother, a wife or a soul mate will have to do where the prison experience is concerned is to have the courage to accept what common sense reveals to them. This an issue (extortion) that's just common sense. You really don't think that in prisons all across America there are not those with much time, no money ,no family, no resources and no conscious what so ever about taking advantage of some one who has all those things? And that it is a rare occurrence?
And so....I'll put an address on what I'm saying. I'm not trying to scare anyone or be melodramatic here, but people have a right to know the truth when they come to PTO and ask questions.

The truth is where extortion and even sexual assault in prison are concerned those of us who are white males and white females that enter the system particularly in their 20s and 30s....we're the ones that experience the hardships of something like extortion. And when I hear that word "white boy".......hell.......you don't know anything about it. If you did you wouldn't use that term. It's disrespectful to call someone that. They don't send boys or girls to do time in men or women's penitentiary, they send men there and they send women there. But thats OK,YOU DON'T SHAME US WHEN YOU TALK LIKE THAT, YOU ONLY SHAME YOURSELF.

I know all about it....more than any of you, thats for sure. Take a long hard look at that avatar beside my name and you can see where I've been and what I've faced. It's not right to look down on anyone because of the color of their skin or because they're young or because they don't know any better. And yet, that's what can happen to us when we go there.

The only thing I have going for me is that I was ready for prison when I went there. No extorted me....no one raped me, but it wasn't because they didn't try. That name Firebrand.....it's not just a game to me. I've stood up for others in there that were victims of extortion and victims of sexual assault. This thread isn't about me, but all the things that you say aren't so....they are so. There are many truths in prison, don't discredit mine or any of us who've bared those hardships just because it didn't happen to you or because you worked there and didn't see it. THERE'S A LOT THINGS IN LIFE WE DON'T SEE, BUT WE STILL HAVE TO FACE THEM WHEN IT'S OUR TIME TO DO SO.
Boy you sure told us (Rolls eyes)