Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk > GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions Please post topics or discussions here that do not fit in the appropriate state or federal forums.

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2005, 11:23 AM

Default Can I send a calendar?

This may seem a little weird but I want to send my boyfriend the Sports illustrated swimsuit calendar. I just dont know if thats something they will let him have. I know he can get books and magazines from amazon.com but I didnt know about this. Hes in MA
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2005, 11:43 AM
Peaceful
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,088 Times in 567 Posts

I don't know about the specific facility your boyfriend is in, however, if someone here doesn't know perhaps it would be best if you could call there and find out.

For years I had a calendar sent to my husband and then last year they came out and said no more. So, I just sent him one of those small credit card size ones. Not the same, I know. But at least now he can keep track of the dates.

Good luck to you!
May she rest in peace.

~ PTO Administrators and Staff

Old 04-15-2005, 12:09 PM
Making US stronger!!
Donation Award 

Well here in NC they can have a calendar sent to them - well let me clear that up - at the facility my loved one is at he can have a calendar sent to him- not all places in NC allow them.... it cant be no bigger than a 8x10 and it cant be spiral bound - meaning it cant have wire..... My suggestion would be to contact the prison where your loved one is at and ask to speak with someone who is in the mail room.... then ask them if they are allowed to be sent calendars... that way you dont send it and they have to pay to have it sent back because they cant have it!!! Plus it depends on if there is any nudity in the calendar as well... I havent seen this years Sports Illustrated calendar but just depends I guess....Call and ask or post in the state forum where you loved one is currently at and ask if anyone there knows if they are allowed to be sent Sports Illustrated calendars....

Kelly

Last edited by Niightdrmr; 04-15-2005 at 12:11 PM..
Old 04-20-2005, 06:31 AM
I love him.

i would also say contact the prison or get your man to ask around. i know my man can't have anything with staples or wire (or paperclips or ANYTHING) - so i would definately check with the prison
Old 04-20-2005, 07:13 AM

At the facility where my sweetheart is, it's ok for me to mail him calendars as long as they aren't spiral bound.
I'd call the prison and ask!
Oh, and this year's S.I. calendar is pretty tame, so shouldn't be a problem.
Closed Thread