Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Legal Help
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Legal Help Topics, Discussions and Information relating to Legal Information specific to the State of California. This information is *NOT PROFESSIONAL* and should always be fact-checked!

Old Yesterday, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonsMother View Post
He had to be talking about milestone credits and not good time credit. Yes it would be difficult to determine milestone credits retroactively. Could be a huge process.

However, if anything not giving credit for a full sentence would be a huge process due to the need to pro-rate. Simple if applied to full sentence.
Hopefully he was talking about milestone credits and it will be passed to apply retroactively. My husband, for example, has every certificate he has earned for self help, programming, etc. That in itself doesn't seem to difficult to manage. His counselor has already gone through them all, and many are scanned into his file, so now giving him credit for those doesn't seem like such a huge process. Or am I looking at this wrong?
Sponsored Links
Old Yesterday, 03:21 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 10,010 Times in 3,922 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingmybrat View Post
Hopefully he was talking about milestone credits and it will be passed to apply retroactively. My husband, for example, has every certificate he has earned for self help, programming, etc. That in itself doesn't seem to difficult to manage. His counselor has already gone through them all, and many are scanned into his file, so now giving him credit for those doesn't seem like such a huge process. Or am I looking at this wrong?
Playing devil's advocate here, I think maybe the "complicated" part might be that they are only allowed 12 weeks per calendar year. So they'd have to do the roll-over thing for those with a full-year's worth right off the bat. I'm not saying that's terribly complicated, but you'd also have to think about how many people like our husband's who may have files full of certificates, they could be rolling over into several years. Per CDCR, some programs qualify, some don't. Programs that existed 15 years ago but no longer-- how do they evaluate the efficacy toward rehabilitation? LAO has pressed them to prove efficacy.

I'm not saying these are solid reasons, but perhaps some of the considerations.
The Following User Says Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
missingdee (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 03:40 PM

You, you are completely right. I was thinking the same thing about the 12 weeks per year. Unfortunately, my husband will be home long before all of those "12 weeks per year" are able to be applied to his sentence. Now when it says "per year", for example, starting August 1 they will be eligible. If he gets some credits at that point for completing his programs in August/September, when will he be eligible for his next 12 weeks of credit? Will it be August of each year, or is it calendar year, where he'd be eligible for 12 weeks this year, 2017, and 12 weeks in 2018, once they are completed? Does that make sense?
The Following User Says Thank You to missingmybrat For This Useful Post:
missingdee (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 05:03 PM

If someone primary charge is violent crime but they have enhancements that are non violent, will they qualify for parole consideration if they completed the years for the primary charge and now on the years from the enhancements?
Old Yesterday, 05:04 PM
She's Home! Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 2,482 Times in 1,077 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie_blank View Post
If someone primary charge is violent crime but they have enhancements that are non violent, will they qualify for parole consideration if they completed the years for the primary charge and now on the years from the enhancements?

No. If the primary offense is violent there will not be early parole consideration. There will be increased conduct credits, milestone credits and other ways to earn credits, but no early parole consideration.
The Colorblind Moderator (I'm not even going to try to use green down here, I'll embarass myself! LOL!) Currently assisting in all forums and actively monitoring Wives and Girlfriends in Prison and the California forums.

#ByeCDCR #TimesUp #HomeForChristmas