Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > WASHINGTON > Washington Covid -19 (Corona Virus)
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Washington Covid -19 (Corona Virus) Please use this forum to share information concerning Covid -19 in Washington, including institutions affected and lock downs. Please do not discuss individuals who have the virus.

Old 04-12-2020, 05:14 PM

Default Any updates on Monroe

I've got a friend in Monroe Towers...I know they were having a bit of trouble between trying to minimize COVID19 exposure and then some folks getting rowdy at the minimum security facility.

I haven't heard from my friend in almost a week now. Of course in his unit the JPay machine is in the day room which had been closed a lot. I'm not sure what the phone situation might be. (Possibly in the day room too.)

Heaven help me I've even dropped back to sending a few snail mail letters, knowing he probably wasn't stocked on paper and stamped envelopes. ha ha. (JPay has him spoiled.)

So...any updates from anyone? Are the guys able to get to a phone or kiosk at this point in time? I'm assuming most everyone is on lockdown or unable to get to a kiosk but thought I'd throw it out there and see if anyone else had any insight.

Thanks bunches.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2020, 07:26 AM
Super Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 9,373 Times in 3,646 Posts

I don't know anyone on the inside there, so I can't do more than guess. But my guess is that they're all but locked down, so access to kiosks and phones is going to be limited at best.

Yup, good old snail mail. I'm communicating with snail mail and books. I figure I may be locked down in my house - the guys in cells are (essentially) locked down in my bathroom, at least as far as square footage goes. So the more books, the better at this point.
Old 04-18-2020, 11:35 AM

Woohoo. I FINALLY heard from my friend again. Things are "lame" as he put it. lol. Everyone has to go to their cells when they come to check someone's temp.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luckyme_in For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (04-18-2020), GingerM (04-19-2020)
Old 04-20-2020, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyme_in View Post
Woohoo. I FINALLY heard from my friend again. Things are "lame" as he put it. lol. Everyone has to go to their cells when they come to check someone's temp.
Had a video visit today and they're all having to wear masks now, but things seem to be back to normal.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dearygal For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (04-21-2020), GingerM (04-21-2020), luckyme_in (04-24-2020)