Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Federal prison Visitation info & issues, Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-23-2020, 08:56 PM
Girl22472 Girl22472 is offline
Moderator
 

Join Date: May 2018
Location: Indiana
Posts: 866
Thanks: 656
Thanked 917 Times in 465 Posts
Default DOJ Approved Video Visits

I went to both the BOP and the DOJ sites so I could get complete confirmation and link it but I had heard scuttlebutt around that inmates at several BOP male facilities were informed today that video visitation is in the works. Then hubby called and said it was on their bulletin board online but was not super specific.


Apparently many of the facilities already have the equipment to start this and it has now been approved. Nothing seems to say when this will happen... how it will happen but it is a step with it being in the works. And no, no one knows if this is going to be a temporary thing or it will be permanent when everything is all said and done.

I'm going to guess that each facility is going to be in charge of setting everything up at their own pace and we know how that may turn out. But there is hope.

I know there are some that disapprove of enacting video visit but for now it's something and personally since the facilities who have already had it continue to have in person visits (well, when we could) I don't see a reason at this point to believe that they will never allow in-person visits again.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Girl22472 For This Useful Post:
Taliba00 (07-05-2020), YOGA62 (06-23-2020)
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 06-23-2020, 10:40 PM
His_Queen13's Avatar
His_Queen13 His_Queen13 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Southern CA
Posts: 498
Thanks: 1,164
Thanked 475 Times in 281 Posts
Default

I saw many posts as well today. The only article anyone had was regarding Covid that I saw. It was a poorly worded article, but my interpretation was that it was providing for free calls and free video visits during the declared national emergency. Were you able to find an article stating all facilities were getting video? I wonder how that would work at a high security level where they lose all electronic privileges but still have visits.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-23-2020, 10:48 PM
Girl22472 Girl22472 is offline
Moderator
 

Join Date: May 2018
Location: Indiana
Posts: 866
Thanks: 656
Thanked 917 Times in 465 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by His_Queen13 View Post
I saw many posts as well today. The only article anyone had was regarding Covid that I saw. It was a poorly worded article, but my interpretation was that it was providing for free calls and free video visits during the declared national emergency. Were you able to find an article stating all facilities were getting video? I wonder how that would work at a high security level where they lose all electronic privileges but still have visits.
No.. I found nothing official out in the public but I had already heard from others on sites and areas about it and when my husband called today and when I was done with my updates as we do I said "did you see something about video visits" and he laughed because he was just getting ready to tell me about it because he knows I have mentioned it several times, especially through the COVID things because he'd tell me good luck with that... and I had been contacted privately by someone in another organization that they were working on it at all facilities and he still kept telling me he wasn't holding his breath. I think he was upset that I asked him before he could tell me because he knew I'd be excited to hear it.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-23-2020, 10:57 PM
His_Queen13's Avatar
His_Queen13 His_Queen13 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Southern CA
Posts: 498
Thanks: 1,164
Thanked 475 Times in 281 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl22472 View Post
No.. I found nothing official out in the public but I had already heard from others on sites and areas about it and when my husband called today and when I was done with my updates as we do I said "did you see something about video visits" and he laughed because he was just getting ready to tell me about it because he knows I have mentioned it several times, especially through the COVID things because he'd tell me good luck with that... and I had been contacted privately by someone in another organization that they were working on it at all facilities and he still kept telling me he wasn't holding his breath. I think he was upset that I asked him before he could tell me because he knew I'd be excited to hear it.

Oh so maybe it’s just a situational thing. My husband’s facility doesn’t have anything like that yet. I know some places have tablets and kiosks to read mail. I would never want to visit over video. The BOP will find a way to take away in person. We have too much time left to not touch him.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-23-2020, 11:03 PM
Girl22472 Girl22472 is offline
Moderator
 

Join Date: May 2018
Location: Indiana
Posts: 866
Thanks: 656
Thanked 917 Times in 465 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by His_Queen13 View Post
Oh so maybe it’s just a situational thing. My husband’s facility doesn’t have anything like that yet. I know some places have tablets and kiosks to read mail. I would never want to visit over video. The BOP will find a way to take away in person. We have too much time left to not touch him.
I don't agree with the idea that the BOP will take in person visits away forever... they have not done so in the woman's facilities for one, for two they have lost all kinds of money on other things through all of this as well as the communities around the prisons that I don't see it happening. I mean look how much they make in vending and other stuff from visits... they are going to want to re-coop and I would guess many of the communities have suffered too and in person visits will help.

But no... I have heard people in at least 4 different BOP facilities received the notice and it is on their bulletin boards on the computer.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-23-2020, 11:11 PM
His_Queen13's Avatar
His_Queen13 His_Queen13 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Southern CA
Posts: 498
Thanks: 1,164
Thanked 475 Times in 281 Posts
Default

The notice that was posted in the group I saw today specifically stated calls and video visits were to be free. It did not state they were installing anything. Let me see if I can find it.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-23-2020, 11:12 PM
Girl22472 Girl22472 is offline
Moderator
 

Join Date: May 2018
Location: Indiana
Posts: 866
Thanks: 656
Thanked 917 Times in 465 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by His_Queen13 View Post
The notice that was posted in the group I saw today specifically stated calls and video visits were to be free. It did not state they were installing anything. Let me see if I can find it.
I know the notice you are discussing... that is not the same as what inmates received today.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Girl22472 For This Useful Post:
His_Queen13 (06-23-2020)
  #8  
Old 06-23-2020, 11:13 PM
His_Queen13's Avatar
His_Queen13 His_Queen13 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Southern CA
Posts: 498
Thanks: 1,164
Thanked 475 Times in 281 Posts
Default


Here is the one I saw.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to His_Queen13 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (06-24-2020)
  #9  
Old 06-23-2020, 11:17 PM
Girl22472 Girl22472 is offline
Moderator
 

Join Date: May 2018
Location: Indiana
Posts: 866
Thanks: 656
Thanked 917 Times in 465 Posts
Default

Yes... from what we're understanding that is not what the one that inmates received. That the one they received stated that facilities that did not have it have been approved to have it at this point. As I said I was contacted by someone a few weeks ago in another organization with knowledge that this was being looked into for all facilities.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Girl22472 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (06-24-2020), Guy’sGirl74 (06-25-2020)
  #10  
Old 07-02-2020, 08:31 PM
John M's Avatar
John M John M is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: AR USA
Posts: 446
Thanks: 315
Thanked 303 Times in 175 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl22472 View Post
I went to both the BOP and the DOJ sites so I could get complete confirmation and link it but I had heard scuttlebutt around that inmates at several BOP male facilities were informed today that video visitation is in the works. Then hubby called and said it was on their bulletin board online but was not super specific.


Apparently many of the facilities already have the equipment to start this and it has now been approved. Nothing seems to say when this will happen... how it will happen but it is a step with it being in the works. And no, no one knows if this is going to be a temporary thing or it will be permanent when everything is all said and done.

I'm going to guess that each facility is going to be in charge of setting everything up at their own pace and we know how that may turn out. But there is hope.

I know there are some that disapprove of enacting video visit but for now it's something and personally since the facilities who have already had it continue to have in person visits (well, when we could) I don't see a reason at this point to believe that they will never allow in-person visits again.
There was a lady, who posted on a prison Facebook group page, who is friends with someone at FAMM. She said, her friend had been told, the BOP was going to make every prison "video capable." My only fear is them doing away with "in person" visits? I think the video is great, while there is a suspension, but we should be allowed to go back to regular once the crisis is over!
__________________
Don't ask God to give you an easier life...ask Him to make you a stronger person!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to John M For This Useful Post:
His_Queen13 (07-02-2020)
  #11  
Old 07-02-2020, 11:39 PM
His_Queen13's Avatar
His_Queen13 His_Queen13 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Southern CA
Posts: 498
Thanks: 1,164
Thanked 475 Times in 281 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John M View Post
There was a lady, who posted on a prison Facebook group page, who is friends with someone at FAMM. She said, her friend had been told, the BOP was going to make every prison "video capable." My only fear is them doing away with "in person" visits? I think the video is great, while there is a suspension, but we should be allowed to go back to regular once the crisis is over!

Yup. That is most of our fear. The BOP does not do anything out of convenience to families. Many county jails have already taken in person visits away. When you have people with 6 months vs. people with 15 years, it’s kinda hard for those with so much time left to get on the video visit train. We have a lot to lose.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
J-Pay Video visitation if live overseas? Other providers for video visits? Esther112014 Virginia Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail 4 03-10-2020 04:46 PM
JPay video visitation approved Lucamoj Florida Prison Visitation - General Q&A 1 06-28-2019 07:46 PM
Approved for visiting but not jpay video visits? smartchick2 Ohio Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail 2 04-02-2019 10:15 AM
Video visits: How long are the visits? The price? Can u use tablets? dime10 GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions 7 03-20-2015 07:53 PM
Really need help with getting approved for video visitation UKGIRL98 Ohio Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail 4 02-28-2015 06:52 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:21 PM.
Copyright © 2001- 2019 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics