Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NORTH CAROLINA > North Carolina Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

North Carolina Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of North Carolina.

Old 06-26-2020, 01:59 PM

Default Is Central Prison on lockdown?

Hey Y'all
It has been almost a week since I have heard from my loved one. Anyone know if they put a lock down in place? He always calls on certain days of the week and does a bang up job keeping me abreast of comings, goings and things I should know. It isn't like him to not check in. I know he has funds on his phone acct. I am not the most patient person when it comes to waiting If yall have a loved one in there and have heard anything about CP,please share anything in general.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2020, 08:50 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 5,354 Times in 2,212 Posts

Not in Central but mine is at Caledonia minimum and the phones were down for almost 2 weeks while the repair guy was on vacation.... it could be a ton of things like lockdowns, broken phones... just be Patient, you’ll hear from him.
Old 06-27-2020, 09:49 AM

I asked someone and they said no just certain restrictions due to covid. Call up there and ask.
Old 06-27-2020, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricialynn26 View Post
Hey Y'all
It has been almost a week since I have heard from my loved one. Anyone know if they put a lock down in place? He always calls on certain days of the week and does a bang up job keeping me abreast of comings, goings and things I should know. It isn't like him to not check in. I know he has funds on his phone acct. I am not the most patient person when it comes to waiting If yall have a loved one in there and have heard anything about CP,please share anything in general.
As someone said, it could be many reasons. My husband is in a federal facility and back the end of February they lost the phone for two weeks. Thankfully they still had email so there was some communications but I know not all facilities have that ability. I had already planned a trip to visit and while down there one of his friends had asked him to ask me to call his mother. She is an older lady who did not do email so he had no way of letting her know really except through snail mail and that always seems to take a while. My husband emailed me the phone number and I called his mother and just let her know he was fine but that they had lost phones until such and such date. Not everyone can be that lucky. So, it could be a lot of reasons.... when we have a LO in prison we can often be the mom waiting for the kid to come home in time for curfew.... we have them in ditch in the middle of no-where after five minutes of being late. We always assume the worse and 9 times out of 10 it was simply completely minor. I know it does nothing to tell you not to worry.... but it really could be nothing.
Old 07-02-2020, 10:05 PM

Did you get the answer you were looking for? I hope all is well.