Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > LGBTQ+ People in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

LGBTQ+ People in Prison For anyone that has a same sex partner, family member, friend or Pen Pal in prison that is Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer/Questioning, Intersex, Asexual, Pansexual, or Omnisexual

Old 06-27-2020, 05:46 PM

Cool LGBT Wife of an Inmate

What if you had a wife who went to prison and you found out she had a prison family and possibly had sex even oral. Is this because of the stress of prison and losing everything or a true cheating situation? Trying to be fair and understanding ...
The Following User Says Thank You to spouseof For This Useful Post:
WaitingWilkes (07-03-2020)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2020, 05:57 PM

Only you can decide it if's a "true" cheating situation. Your feelings about it matter and the communication between the two of you discussing it is the only thing that can resolve it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Girl22472 For This Useful Post:
maytayah (06-28-2020), She'sMyAngel (06-28-2020), spouseof (06-28-2020)
Old 06-27-2020, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl22472 View Post
Only you can decide it if's a "true" cheating situation. Your feelings about it matter and the communication between the two of you discussing it is the only thing that can resolve it.
This, absolutely. Also, it may be worth considering that it's very common (in my experience) for women in prison to have 'family' groups. Often there is also a maternal/sisterly bond, companionship and group protection.

The sexual component is something that you will need to discuss and come to your own conclusions on. But please don't feel you are alone in this, there are many here who will connect with your experience. Good luck.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to She'sMyAngel For This Useful Post:
maytayah (06-28-2020), patchouli (06-28-2020), spouseof (06-28-2020), WaitingWilkes (07-03-2020)
Old 07-02-2020, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by She'sMyAngel View Post
This, absolutely. Also, it may be worth considering that it's very common (in my experience) for women in prison to have 'family' groups. Often there is also a maternal/sisterly bond, companionship and group protection.

The sexual component is something that you will need to discuss and come to your own conclusions on. But please don't feel you are alone in this, there are many here who will connect with your experience. Good luck.

I hate to sound snobbish and sanctimonious but we are both from families that are so far right it often made us both insane. I can't even believe she could do this to us, and that sex was so more important to her than loyalty. I was on the outside and was loyal, she is true boy butch and said she was harassed every day by 1400 women all flashing her and saying sexual stuff that she could never be loyal. I was not in the same situation, but I had the freedom to be with someone in a romantic situation and I didn't.
Old 07-02-2020, 03:05 PM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 23,844 Times in 13,686 Posts

Life is full of opportunities to "stray", so prison isn't unique. She decided to cheat, and is attempting to justify her actions to both you and her. It isn't that much different than if you had decided to be with someone else rather than saying no.
Old 07-02-2020, 03:25 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 5,362 Times in 2,218 Posts

I'm pretty stupid when it comes to prison life and things "they do" but as a girlfriend of a prisoner I think I would not be happy in a situation like this. I have heard about "gay for the stay" but this is a not enough explanation/excuse for me. That's just me though... I understand everyone has their needs and stuff... so do you I guess... but prison is not a "joker" to do what you want.
Maybe it's something they "need" to do to be "accepted" but I'd be pissed to be honest.
Having someone you love (and even married to) going to prison and then behaving like that would be a double-betrayel in my book.
But that's just me... I don't know the dynamics of your relationship and what you might have discussed beforehand but I would not like that and probably get out of that kind of relationship.
fbopnomore (07-02-2020), safran (07-02-2020), She'sMyAngel (07-04-2020), spouseof (07-02-2020), Taliba00 (07-06-2020)
Old 07-02-2020, 04:05 PM

Personally, i would second what Mizzy said. A marriage or relationship breaker for me would be the cheating spouse kind. That's one thing that i would not tolerate nor subject myself to, nor would i do it to someone else.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Born For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (07-02-2020), She'sMyAngel (07-02-2020), spouseof (07-02-2020), Taliba00 (07-06-2020)
Old 07-02-2020, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born View Post
Personally, i would second what Mizzy said. A marriage or relationship breaker for me would be the cheating spouse kind. That's one thing that i would not tolerate nor subject myself to, nor would i do it to someone else.
Absolutely. For the record OP, I'm a soft butch and my partner is femme - I don't actually think makes a difference at all in how we treat the people we love. For my partner and I activity outside our relationship is a dealbreaker. I was just making the point that in a womens prison 'family' has many different connotations. You'll find this topic a not so unusual at PTO, the Husbands and Boyfriends forum is chock with excellent advice that's just as relevant. Best of luck
The Following User Says Thank You to She'sMyAngel For This Useful Post:
spouseof (07-05-2020)
Old 07-04-2020, 01:50 PM
Formerly Mike'sbabyboy

Thanked 1,254 Times in 675 Posts

I know things happen in jail. I trust my guy no matter where we are. Our relationship us built on trust, respect and honesty. If someone is gonna cheat, either in prison or out in the streets...they won't tell. Not saying it's ok to cheat in any way. I just know I would not be able to deal with knowing that. Since this pandemic and being in a state that's been on serios lock down, I get the need to have social contact. I've been her all by myself. I wanted to socialize too but having sex with someone else was never a thought. It may be a bit different because we are guys. But I don't think so....����

The Following User Says Thank You to NewAttitude For This Useful Post:
spouseof (07-05-2020)
Old 07-04-2020, 09:24 PM
Until the end

One of these days, people will stop giving excuses for shit behavior. Cheating is a sign of a weakness and a clear indication your relationship is going into the tubes of ruin. There is... limited choices in prison. If they cheat on the inside, and you buy excuses of prison or loneliness or lack of physical contact, bet the farm you'll be a fifth wheel when they come home.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Visitor611 For This Useful Post:
MizzyMuffling (07-05-2020), spouseof (07-05-2020), Taliba00 (07-06-2020)