Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Probation, Supervised Release, Halfway House and Community Supervision
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal Probation, Supervised Release, Halfway House and Community Supervision This forum is dedicated to information & discussions relating to U.S. Federal Probation & Community Supervision, including half-way houses.

Old 06-27-2020, 04:53 AM

Default Where is it written the PO's Operation Manual?

Question is how does one check if the case worker is telling the truth when he/she says you can not do this or that.

Also, can one ask/file a motion to be moved from doing Home Confinement under the supervision of a contract CCC to do Home Confinement under the supervision of the U.S. Probation Office?

Third question: What is the procedure to thank for answers received in this site?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2020, 07:28 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD
Donation Award 

Thanked 32,536 Times in 16,282 Posts

There should be a thanks button off to the far right of your post.(or anyone elses) which you hit and it shows you thanked someones post.

I hope others can come and give you good info. I dont know much about the federal system.
My hub was on parole after his incarceration (in CA) and to be honest, they can pretty much do what ever they want to, and make you do what ever they want. Assuming similar for you on home confinement.
So you are federal but are you being overseen by state? Is that what Im reading?
If so, you might check the state forums for your state and take a look thru there.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (06-27-2020), Hector99 (06-27-2020)
Old 06-27-2020, 07:32 AM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 23,840 Times in 13,683 Posts

Here's a link to the US Probation Officer's supervision handbook.
https://prisonologyx.com/files/2814/...ograph_109.pdf

Home confinement begun directly from a bop prison is supervised by a US Probation Officer, but not necessarily the same one who will monitor your "supervised release" conditions.

If home confinement is begun from a half way house, the normal process before the passage of the "first step act", the HWH staff supervises the HC rules. A number of PTO members who expected to go directly from prison to HC (without stopping at a HWH first) were disappointed when sent to a HWH instead.

To qualify for home confinement from a HWH all of the HWH requirements must be met first. At mine, 1/2 of the total time had to be spent living at the HWH, the job requirement had to be met, and the bop community corrections manager, the overseer, had to approve. My HWH/HC supervision started out by having to get a pass from the HWH any time I left my house, but it quickly changed to a 6PM to 6AM curfew. I was called back to the HWH for meetings and cleaning jobs, and I received a phone call (no ankle monitor for me anyway) very late at night to confirm that I was actually there.

To thank someone, the "thanks" button is next to the "reply" button that is used to post an answer to any post. If you are adding something new to the thread in addition to thanks, you can post a new message too.
Old 06-28-2020, 11:40 AM

Hello:
Thank you for your answer. Is what I am writing now a PM or all readers will see it?

I will try to explain myself better. I am not in a HWH. No. I am in Home Confinement supervised by a private contractor, also known as a CCC /RRC.
I am not in Supervised Release. I am finishing my sentence in Home Confinement thanks to the first Step Act. I will be in Supervised Release after I finish my Home Confinement

I went straight from prison to my home. Visited the HWH for a few hours to get the monitor.

My question is: What would be the procedure to request to be taken off the CCC/RRC supervision and be put under the U.S. Probation Office supervision?

Below I am copying a paragraph from BOP Prog Stat 7320.01 :
"a. Program Selection. In some jurisdictions home confinement programs may be available through a U. S. Probation office, a contract CCC or under an Intergovernmental Agreement. The CCM shall select the program most likely to meet the inmate's needs, giving consideration to such factors as cost effectiveness, geography, and other management variables."

This I am writing will be seen only by you or all readers? Thank you again
Old 06-28-2020, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hector99 View Post
Hello:
Thank you for your answer. Is what I am writing now a PM or all readers will see it?

I will try to explain myself better. I am not in a HWH. No. I am in Home Confinement supervised by a private contractor, also known as a CCC /RRC.
I am not in Supervised Release. I am finishing my sentence in Home Confinement thanks to the first Step Act. I will be in Supervised Release after I finish my Home Confinement

I went straight from prison to my home. Visited the HWH for a few hours to get the monitor.

My question is: What would be the procedure to request to be taken off the CCC/RRC supervision and be put under the U.S. Probation Office supervision?

Below I am copying a paragraph from BOP Prog Stat 7320.01 :
"a. Program Selection. In some jurisdictions home confinement programs may be available through a U. S. Probation office, a contract CCC or under an Intergovernmental Agreement. The CCM shall select the program most likely to meet the inmate's needs, giving consideration to such factors as cost effectiveness, geography, and other management variables."

This I am writing will be seen only by you or all readers? Thank you again
Yes, this was a public post. In the upper right hand side you will see your user name and under that it will say "Private Messages," this is where you will find your correspondents. If you want to PM someone you can click on their profile name and select the option to private message them.

I guess I would ask how long have you been on Home Confinement? I'm not sure that right now is the right time to be looking to change really though with everything going on for a few reasons. One imagine every group, be it PO's, HWH's, etc... that are in charge of overseeing HC or anything related are not only crazy overloaded but working on limited time, budgets and resources. The last thing you ever want to do is irritate someone who's already stressed to the max, especially anyone who may have the power to violate you for whatever reason of their choosing. To add to this it looks as if they chose either what they thought was best or probably more accurately, who could handle it at the time. I would wait until things calm down a bit and then look into a little more.
Old 06-28-2020, 01:39 PM
Owned

Thanked 4,598 Times in 2,082 Posts

Sorry, but I fear you’re stuck with the half way house; I often urge people to decline any half way house as it’s often harder than prison.

People rarely agree with me until it’s too late.

Last edited by safran; 06-28-2020 at 01:42 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to safran For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (06-28-2020)