Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Georgia Department of Corrections and local & county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 09-29-2005, 01:17 AM
I'll wait forever

Question Georgia Diagnostic & Classification Prison

My finace is locked up in the georgia diagnostic & classification prison in jackson, Ga. He was just moved last week and I heard that he will be there for a while for diagnostics then he will be moved again. I haven't been able to get any real information and I was have heard rumors that he would not be able to contact me for atleast a month. Is that true? If you have any information about this prison it would be a great help to me. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2005, 09:57 AM
Donation Award 

Yes that is true, unless he is moved to a working dorm. He should be sending you some sort of packet explaining the rules. They do eventually get visits after they are "cleared" of diagnostics. The visiting hours were M-F 9am-11am or 2pm-4pm, for the diagnostic inmates only. The regular inmates had visiting hours on the weekends. This was the way it was just this past August so I dont know if anything has changed
hope that helps
gagirl770
Old 09-29-2005, 04:31 PM

When Charlie was there,it was 6 weeks before i heard his voice. I live in New York so I was not able to visit him, so I cant help you with the visiting..We could write each other. He said it wasnt too bad there.
Old 10-01-2005, 08:06 AM
Missin' My Baby...

From my understanding, only immediate family is allowed to visit after the inmate has been there for 6 weeks. Since you are his finace, I'm not sure what the rules are for you. He will not have access to a phone during the 6 week diagnostic process, but he will be able to write and receive letters. If you want to write him now instead of waiting for him to send a letter, the address can be found in the GA prison profile forum. If you aren't sure, you can message me and I will give it to you. My guy went through the process pretty quickly. He was there about 2 months and then he was shipped of to his "permanent" place in Davisboro. Hope this helps! Message me if you need anything or just want to chat.

Ashley

Old 10-01-2005, 02:24 PM

I was told that fiance's aren't allowed to visit at diagnostics. My guy was there for almost 3 months before he also went to Davisboro (WSP)
Old 10-06-2005, 09:02 AM

Although I Haven't Went To Visit Yet, I Was Approved For Visitation And We Aren't Married Yet. His Counselor Sen Tme A Common Law Wife Form To Fill Out And I Did And I Was Approved. It Might Have Had A Lot To Do With He Refused To Put An One Else On His List And His Counselor Asked Why And He Said The Only Person I Want Coming Is My Girlfriend. She Told Him As Long As My Background Check Came Back Clean That She Would Approve Me. I Haven't Made It Down There Yet So I Am Not Sure What To Expect Either. He Has Been There For About 3 1/2 Months, Still Waitng To Transfer.
Old 02-24-2006, 07:10 PM

The only people that can visit are the ones the inmate puts on his list. Make sure you dont wear shorts and if you have a dress on it is below your knees and DONT wear an underwire bra, i got strip searched before i could go to see my step father and it was horrible. hope this helps
Old 02-24-2006, 09:57 PM

this thread will tell you all i know about jackson lots of good info.

http://prisontalk.com/forums/showpos...16&postcount=1
Old 02-25-2006, 10:31 AM
Closed

My fiance is a permanant there, (on DR) If you have any questions about visiting, let me know. Im a pro at it now Do make sure you rip the underwire out of a bra before you go. Ive never had a problem getting in, or had a strip search, I am very careful about my jewelry, etc. Let me know if you need any more info
Old 03-03-2006, 06:59 PM

i never had to take my underwire out or remove my jewelry no sunglasses only glasses if you need them to see no hats etc. (it may be different for permanents but for diag inmates it isn't as structured) you only get to see them through this thick mesh stuff and it is loud b/c the small space and many people. the visitation time are different for temps. vs. perms. m-f 9-11 or 1-3 I belive except on holidays b/c permanents get visitation on those days.

Last edited by jaysbaby; 03-03-2006 at 07:00 PM..