Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Georgia.

Old 03-24-2015, 08:12 AM

Question Letters-Georgia Diagnostic and Classification Prison

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey all Does anyone have a loved one in GDCP? Have yoy sent letters or mail before? I want to get a sense of how long it takes for you to typically receive mail from your loved one! How long does it take yall to usually receive a letter back from your loved ones? I was so used to getting his letters within a couple days when he was in county but now that he's in gdcp it seems to take longer :/
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2015, 01:29 PM
It's all I have left.
Donation Award 

My ex-husband was there for his classification and diagnostics before being transferred to his permanent camp. It took him about four or five days after arrival to get a letter out to me (he had to get a stamp and envelope, which he borrowed from a roommate). After that, based on the postmarks, his letters took roughly one to two days to reach me after he put them into the prison mailbox.

The length of time that it's taking for you to receive your LO's letters is probably due to how far away you are from the prison and how long your local post office takes for delivery to your area.

Hope this helps!

Counting time one day at a time.
The Following User Says Thank You to clingingtohope For This Useful Post:
rosepetals (03-24-2015)
Old 03-24-2015, 02:32 PM

Hi there! Well I'm not sure if I can help you as for that. I have a LO at GDCP as well. He's not there for classification tho but being permanent. Maybe it depends if they are just for diagnostics and being transferred later on or if they are permanent in there. Besides I must say that I'm from Europe and
it sure takes a bit longer for mail to get sent or receive. Usually it's going kinda fast tho, no problems so far. One week till I get his letter and till he gets mine.
The Following User Says Thank You to katycat For This Useful Post:
rosepetals (03-24-2015)
Old 03-24-2015, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katycat View Post
Hi there! Well I'm not sure if I can help you as for that. I have a LO at GDCP as well. He's not there for classification tho but being permanent. Maybe it depends if they are just for diagnostics and being transferred later on or if they are permanent in there. Besides I must say that I'm from Europe and
it sure takes a bit longer for mail to get sent or receive. Usually it's going kinda fast tho, no problems so far. One week till I get his letter and till he gets mine.
Thank you for your help and input!! I greatly appreciate you!! I think ima just be more patient and I know I'll receive a letter soon and I'll keep checking! Hopefully this week he sends something thank you for your help again
Old 03-24-2015, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clingingtohope View Post
My ex-husband was there for his classification and diagnostics before being transferred to his permanent camp. It took him about four or five days after arrival to get a letter out to me (he had to get a stamp and envelope, which he borrowed from a roommate). After that, based on the postmarks, his letters took roughly one to two days to reach me after he put them into the prison mailbox.

The length of time that it's taking for you to receive your LO's letters is probably due to how far away you are from the prison and how long your local post office takes for delivery to your area.

Hope this helps!
I think that it definitely is taking longer to receive the mail since I live a bit far from Jackson County :/ But thank you so much for your response!! I am definitely expecting to see something hopefully before the end of the week �� thank you so much for the support and help <3
The Following User Says Thank You to rosepetals For This Useful Post:
clingingtohope (03-25-2015)
Old 03-25-2015, 06:55 AM

You're very welcome. It's always good to have ppl to communicate with and to exchange information especially since your LO is at the same prison as mine. That helps. :-)
The Following User Says Thank You to katycat For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2015, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katycat View Post
You're very welcome. It's always good to have ppl to communicate with and to exchange information especially since your LO is at the same prison as mine. That helps. :-)
You're so right!! This is so comforting especially because i don't really have anyone to talk to about this in person :/ so I am very grateful for this site and for the fact that we can all confide in one another and help each other out
Old 03-25-2015, 08:15 AM

There ya go, so true! It's like a big family and we all kinda share the same "destiny" on here. It's difficult to talk to ppl who don't and to make them understand our situation..Anyway I'm very grateful for this site as well. Hope you'll get mail very soon. :-) Have a great and blessed day and an even better weekend!
Old 03-25-2015, 03:13 PM

Thank you again you have a wonderful week and weekend as well!! <3
Old 03-29-2015, 02:51 PM

Default have not received any letters either

My son got there on the 19 of March and still no letter from him. I put some money on jpay so he could get stamped envelope. I heard some dorms allow them to call after done with diagnostics. I setup phone just in case. Its tough not knowing anything but I did recently hear it takes about 30 days to process out. T
The Following User Says Thank You to missmydaniel For This Useful Post:
rosepetals (03-30-2015)
Old 03-29-2015, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmydaniel View Post
My son got there on the 19 of March and still no letter from him. I put some money on jpay so he could get stamped envelope. I heard some dorms allow them to call after done with diagnostics. I setup phone just in case. Its tough not knowing anything but I did recently hear it takes about 30 days to process out. T
I am so sorry that you haven't heard anything either!! how long ago did you write to your son? I was reading some of the older threads and some of the users were saying that it takes a while for letters to come in, like maybe a week! But mine has been taking much longer like two weeks! Did you try to call the prison? On the envelope did you put the p.o.box 3877 and dis you also ads his gdc id #? I honestly don't understand why the mail isn't going in for us and I totally agree with you, it is so hard not knowing anything or what is happening :/ let's be hopeful though that your son is going to write you back I know he has probably tried to write you but maybe it'll take a while to reach you. And also did you see whether the money was sent to him? I found a way to go about this on the dcor website and I'd be more than happy to show you if needed! Best of luck to you!! I hope you hear from your son soon
Old 03-30-2015, 07:09 AM

Default hopefully this week

I have written him 3 times already. I sent him money thru jpay, it that what you are talking about? This is his first time going to prison, so I am really praying for him alot. T
Old 03-30-2015, 09:58 AM

Quote:
I have written him 3 times already. I sent him money thru jpay, it that what you are talking about? This is his first time going to prison, so I am really praying for him alot. T
I will keep you all in my prayers and hopefully you see something or hear from him soon. The mail takes long before they receive it I believe so maybe that is the case but we shall continue to pray and pray for our LO (loved one) and remain hopeful
Old 04-06-2015, 06:40 AM

So grateful you ladies are on here. My fiancee has been in County for 75 days waiting to be transferred to Jackson. Every night I get anxiety not knowing when they will take him and then how long it will be before I hear from him. Does anyone happen to know how long processing & classification is taking at this point?
Old 04-06-2015, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicasm View Post
So grateful you ladies are on here. My fiancee has been in County for 75 days waiting to be transferred to Jackson. Every night I get anxiety not knowing when they will take him and then how long it will be before I hear from him. Does anyone happen to know how long processing & classification is taking at this point?
Welcome! it may take a while before he is transferred to Jackson unfortunately. But maybe in a few more weeks or a couple months they should hopefully transfer him. Keep hope alive he'll be there soon! And when my guy got there he was able to wrote to me right away. Your guy will be able to do the same once he gets to Jackson. Once he is transferred there, make sure you get his GDC ID number which you can find on the dcor website. I will attach the link and if you need help when you get to this stage please let me know Just know that you may not automatically be able to talk to him on the phone when he gets to Jackson but some people were actually able to talk with their loved ones depending upon the dorm they are in. It's different for some folks I guess I don't understand why but keep writing him as much as you can when he gets there!! Send puzzles, pictures, letters, jokes, etc and also when you get to this point I cam also help you and let you know how the process works keep hope alive girl! It all gets better and your man will be alright just keep talking to him and writing him as much as you can we are all here for one another let me know if you need anything
katycat (04-06-2015)
Old 04-06-2015, 07:01 AM

And also my guy has been there for about 4 weeks now and I don't know when the processing and diagnosis will be over but I will update you with the information when i receive it so you can get an idea of how the process works
ginavicia (07-26-2015)
Old 04-06-2015, 07:02 AM

Thank you so much! I've already started getting pictures and articles together to send. This is all new to him & myself and sometimes every minute drags by like an hour. Harder since our home is 2 states away from where he is and I can't visit whenever I'd like. Your response is very appreciated!
Old 04-06-2015, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicasm View Post
Thank you so much! I've already started getting pictures and articles together to send. This is all new to him & myself and sometimes every minute drags by like an hour. Harder since our home is 2 states away from where he is and I can't visit whenever I'd like. Your response is very appreciated!
You are so welcome!! We all have to support each other through this so I'm grateful for this site! It is so hard but we gotta keep pushing through and supporting our LO <3 overtime we adjust much better to the situation and it gets better with time I'm so glad you're able to talk to your guy though! Stay strong girl and if you need us, we're here
Old 07-30-2015, 05:43 PM

My guy just got transferred to GDCP two days ago, and I'm terrified. He and I are both new at this. We thought (were hoping) he would only serve less than a year in the county jail. I'm so worried and have no idea what to expect. I'm losing hope ��
Old 07-30-2015, 05:55 PM

Default GDCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosepetals View Post
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey all Does anyone have a loved one in GDCP? Have yoy sent letters or mail before? I want to get a sense of how long it takes for you to typically receive mail from your loved one! How long does it take yall to usually receive a letter back from your loved ones? I was so used to getting his letters within a couple days when he was in county but now that he's in gdcp it seems to take longer :/
i think my son probably got them in 5 days , I got letters from him about 3 times. He was there 5 weeks. Yep it was a relief when he was transferred. My son went to great camp.
Old 07-31-2015, 03:37 AM

Quote:
i think my son probably got them in 5 days , I got letters from him about 3 times. He was there 5 weeks. Yep it was a relief when he was transferred. My son went to great camp.
what camp was your son sent to trying to get my son transfered to a better facility
Old 07-31-2015, 05:47 AM

Default hey mom

He went to spalding county. I have heard now that its the best camp in georgia. the food, the freedoms, and it is also for short time. t
Old 07-31-2015, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSS2015 View Post
My guy just got transferred to GDCP two days ago, and I'm terrified. He and I are both new at this. We thought (were hoping) he would only serve less than a year in the county jail. I'm so worried and have no idea what to expect. I'm losing hope ��

Aweee I'm sorry :'( my love was there about three months ago and it wasn't so bad. He stayed about six weeks until they transferred him to his permanent camp. Send him lots of letters if you can and puzzles and anything you know will cheer him up don't lose hope love, we're all here with you and to help you <3 keep hope alive and try to write to your guy as often as you can. He will love that. Mine definitely loved that. They usually don't really have much going on there so he'll probably be more bored than anything. Let me know if you have an specific questions or just any questions in general hun
LSS2015 (07-31-2015)
Old 07-31-2015, 04:34 PM

Thanks for the kind words, Rosepetals. I'm even more confused now though. The day he was transferred, he sent me a letter saying he was being transferred that day to GDCP, but On the GDOC website, it says he's in Coastal State Prison. I have no idea which one and don't know much about finding out. Are they allowed to tell me if he's there, if I called? I'm so ready for this nightmare to be over.
Old 07-31-2015, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSS2015 View Post
Thanks for the kind words, Rosepetals. I'm even more confused now though. The day he was transferred, he sent me a letter saying he was being transferred that day to GDCP, but On the GDOC website, it says he's in Coastal State Prison. I have no idea which one and don't know much about finding out. Are they allowed to tell me if he's there, if I called? I'm so ready for this nightmare to be over.
He will be where the GDC says he is . I've never heard of someone not going through Diagnostics. But if you have his GDC number they will tell you at GDC if you call.