Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TENNESSEE > Tennessee Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Tennessee Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Tennessee.

Old 01-18-2019, 04:33 PM
LADY RED

Default Trousdale Turner Correctional Center policies

Does anyone have a loved one in Trousdale Turner Correctional Center?
I received a letter saying that I can not send stamps or anything else in to prison other than picture, a box of envelopes and composition notebooks. You can only order from amazon and dick blick arts and supplies website
Is this even legal I have never heard of a prison doing this and I used to work at sccf never saw this at all.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2019, 08:21 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 33,864 Times in 15,592 Posts

If you can send pictures, a box of envelopes and composition notebooks, consider yourself lucky. In Pennsylvania loved ones can't even send letters Nope. The letters go to a place in Florida where everything is scanned and sent to the inmate. Pictures too. Scanned. I've heard of other DOC's that make copies of letters & the envelopes within the facility.....but scanned in FLORIDA and sent to Pennsylvania?

Many DOC's have stopped allowing colored envelops and haven't allowed stationary (stamps, paper, etc) to be sent in in years.

...And we can all thank the folks that send contraband through the mail

Welcome to PTO

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 01-18-2019, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.williams1989 View Post
Does anyone have a loved one in Trousdale Turner Correctional Center?
I received a letter saying that I can not send stamps or anything else in to prison other than picture, a box of envelopes and composition notebooks. You can only order from amazon and dick blick arts and supplies website
Is this even legal I have never heard of a prison doing this and I used to work at sccf never saw this at all.
Husband survived 10+ years at SCCF and HCCF before being blessed with returning to TDOC. He was able to get pictures and stamps but never paper or envelopes. Pictures at TDOC can only be 4x6.
Old 01-20-2019, 03:48 PM
LADY RED

my fiancé was at sccf, from 2011 to 2016 I never had this problem before.