Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Status
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Status All discussions relating to specific Texas Department of Criminal Justice prison units, Texas State Jails & Private prisons, and County Jails.

Old 01-21-2011, 12:40 PM

Default PB suddenly call up over 120 inmates for parole review - Ramsey Unit TX

So over 120 inmates were interviewed by the parole board this week and it makes me wonder what's going on. My husband was one of them and told me that there were people with parole review dates as far out as may being interviewed. The question is why? My husband heard a rumer that a unit was going to be shut down, but I found out that was the central unit and we're only talking about 1500 beds and not until September. My thoughts on this is under the newly drafted bill to cut tdcj spending, a prevision is in there to expedite the paroling process, basically to get the inmates out quicker saving money per day they are just waiting to get paroled. Maybe? Dunno, would like ideas if you have any. Any other units seeing a change in the parole review process?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2011, 06:42 PM

I sure wish I knew. My son has been in the parole process since Aug 2 and was interviewed by IPO in nov. this is his 2nd time up. He is not at that Unit he is at Briscoe Unit. He has done 3 out of 4 years on a non agg charge first time offender. No major cases and completes changes class (was not required as part of parole just took it) next week. It would be great if they would let him come home soon.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WENDOLYN View Post
So over 120 inmates were interviewed by the parole board this week and it makes me wonder what's going on. My husband was one of them and told me that there were people with parole review dates as far out as may being interviewed. The question is why? My husband heard a rumer that a unit was going to be shut down, but I found out that was the central unit and we're only talking about 1500 beds and not until September. My thoughts on this is under the newly drafted bill to cut tdcj spending, a prevision is in there to expedite the paroling process, basically to get the inmates out quicker saving money per day they are just waiting to get paroled. Maybe? Dunno, would like ideas if you have any. Any other units seeing a change in the parole review process?
My husband is right down the road from yours well actually on the same land. He's at Stringfellow and his PED is 3/11/11 and he was interviewed last week on the 18th,

Old 02-04-2011, 08:02 PM

Is your hunny at the Central unit? Mine is there still waiting on IPO interview, He tells me that others have gone which are around the same PED as him & also others have gone up that are after his PED, I wish they get on it to visit with him, His PED 03/03/2011 so we are just waiting, He does tell me that the unit is closing, That they are already moving stuff out of the unit
Old 02-10-2011, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingmyboys View Post
I sure wish I knew. My son has been in the parole process since Aug 2 and was interviewed by IPO in nov. this is his 2nd time up. He is not at that Unit he is at Briscoe Unit. He has done 3 out of 4 years on a non agg charge first time offender. No major cases and completes changes class (was not required as part of parole just took it) next week. It would be great if they would let him come home soon.

Well, you definitely should have an answer now, did you call the parole status line? I have a feeling he's coming home! The denials are the quick ones!
Old 02-10-2011, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsShorty View Post
Is your hunny at the Central unit? Mine is there still waiting on IPO interview, He tells me that others have gone which are around the same PED as him & also others have gone up that are after his PED, I wish they get on it to visit with him, His PED 03/03/2011 so we are just waiting, He does tell me that the unit is closing, That they are already moving stuff out of the unit
I would also call the parole status line, it's a possibility they went ahead and voted, they probably want to get the inmates they can release out asap to avoid any extra costs.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:21 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.determined View Post
My husband is right down the road from yours well actually on the same land. He's at Stringfellow and his PED is 3/11/11 and he was interviewed last week on the 18th,
so we're in the same boat-waiting!
Old 05-06-2011, 09:08 PM

Does anyone know the Parole Board Info Line as my fiance was put before the board on the 26th of last month, no change on the website yet, is that the most accurate or the Info Line?