Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSOURI > Missouri General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Missouri General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Missouri that do not fit into any other Missouri sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 12-14-2013, 11:25 PM

Default Transfer to WRDCC in Missouri

My guy was transferred to WRDCC Thursday. He called me yesterday saying how much he hates it, but he's excited to be on his way home. We're both excited, but he has also told me that he's scared about coming home. They told him he has 178 days (6 months) left! His original out date is in November. What is really strange is that the day he is supposed to get out is the day that me and my ex started dating 2 years ago. Isn't that just weird? I thought so! But it's just another one of those things that makes me think that my guy is the one! There are so many signs that it's ridiculous!! God knows that I like to be reassured and I believe that the little things like that are His signs to me.

If anyone has any information about WRDCC, I would love to have it!
Thanks and have a blessed day!
Old 12-24-2013, 05:08 PM

My boyfriend is there until February - what sort of things would you like to know?

I have found that the people that work at WRDCC are extremely nice to family and friends. I have called up there with multiple questions and have been treated so nicely - like they are just beyond courteous and very kind. I have been shocked at how nice they are in the front offices. We went to Friends & Family Orientation and the caseworker running it was very honest and direct with me about how things were for the inmates. I appreciated that.

His caseworker - a guy that is ex-military - has also been very kind over the phone, which caught me off guard - in a good way. All in all the employees seem to be a very altruistic team for the most part - like they see a purpose in their work beyond penalizing and punishment. They have been very real people - and never made me feel "less than" when I have called. They are just very real people doing their jobs - and helpful to those of us caught up in the mess caused by our inmate's behavior.

The people that work in the treatment center - the counselors, etc. are also very nice and clearly dedicated to their work. They have been genuinely caring - encouraging and helped my boyfriend see past this time in his life. We thought treatment would be a joke but they have really given him some goals for his life. And the hope to go with those goals. I had heard that they would just be working to "break him down." We didn't experience that - my boyfriend was pretty broken and depressed upon arrival though so our mileage may vary in that case. They do have very strict rules, but they are not unkind, harsh or unfair. They have been very uplifting to him in some areas - kind of like the parental figures he never had. Basically it has been alot of structure, challenge and education for him. He isn't on vacation or at a retreat or anything, but he says he is seeing some value in the experience. Again, I really think that is a reflection on the warden at WRDCC.
Most of the CO's have been fair to him, he doesn't cause trouble and he says they are just doing their jobs. None of the CO's have been extra friendly, but they have been efficient and kept him safe - he says they are very clear with their expectations - which he appreciates.

Reception is a zoo... overcrowded and there were fights in housing unit 10. It's just crazytown there - in one area they call it the trailer park - because the inmates are being classified and have no where else to go. It's very hard to use the phones - it's loud all the time, 80 men and 4 toilets. But again, the CO's keep tabs on things - there was one day his dinner got pepper-sprayed as the CO's were preventing a fight - but I think losing a meal than end up in a bad situation. There are limited books in reception so it sounds like 99% of the time is just alot of bs'ing and storytelling. The food is decent (not good, not bad). It's warm and carb-laden. All in all, WRDCC is a decent place - the employees are decent, it's very clean and it's kind of a get in and do your time, get the hell sort of place.