Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ALABAMA > Alabama Prison & Criminal Justice News & Events
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Alabama Prison & Criminal Justice News & Events Current news items and information on events related to the Alabama prison system.

Old 06-01-2012, 07:23 AM
Lovin me some him

Default House Bill 386 in Alabama

(VOTE "NO" TO H.B. 386 (HOUSE BILL 386) ON SEPTEMBER 18, 2012) On September 18th these will be a public vote throughout Alabama. This is a very big deal for A.D.O.C Inmates, the non-funding of corrections and our release. We might not be able to vote but we are able to get others to vote for us. The $327 million shortfall in the General Fund for Medicaid and Corrections was not available. The Alabama Legislature passed a bill to remove this money from the Alabama Trust Fund. However this cannot be done without a Constitutional Amendment by Public Vote on September 18, 2012. The Legislature will use scare tactics on Medicaid and Corrections to get public vote but we also know Medicaid has to be funded or Alabama will face a loss in Federal Funding. They will also say 18,000 dangerous felons, violent and nonviolent will be released and is is very possible to have a major release but they will play on "PUBLIC FEAR" to get a "YES VOTE" so they can get the money.

Since he came n2 my lif, it will neva b da same!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eswife08 For This Useful Post:
alwayslovehim06 (06-05-2012), lisainengland (06-02-2012), wildcat49 (06-12-2012)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2012, 09:23 PM

Thanks for sharing!!!!
Old 06-12-2012, 10:43 PM

Thanks ill let everyone I know about this!
Old 06-21-2012, 12:45 PM
MissingHimLikeCrazy

Default where to go?

where can i go vote NO for this???

Old 07-21-2012, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eswife08 View Post
(VOTE "NO" TO H.B. 386 (HOUSE BILL 386) ON SEPTEMBER 18, 2012) On September 18th these will be a public vote throughout Alabama. This is a very big deal for A.D.O.C Inmates, the non-funding of corrections and our release. We might not be able to vote but we are able to get others to vote for us. The $327 million shortfall in the General Fund for Medicaid and Corrections was not available. The Alabama Legislature passed a bill to remove this money from the Alabama Trust Fund. However this cannot be done without a Constitutional Amendment by Public Vote on September 18, 2012. The Legislature will use scare tactics on Medicaid and Corrections to get public vote but we also know Medicaid has to be funded or Alabama will face a loss in Federal Funding. They will also say 18,000 dangerous felons, violent and nonviolent will be released and is is very possible to have a major release but they will play on "PUBLIC FEAR" to get a "YES VOTE" so they can get the money.
You are right, I just posted as well asking every PT memeber who has a love one in Al and who lives in AL to please go out and vote on Sept.18, please vote NO and make sure you read the question carefully because they will re-word it to look good, just know if they are asking to pull out money for medicad, and education ''Yes", but as you they will use certain wording to trip you up, but we know that's our love ones in there and to us they are not violent and dangerous , they made a mistake. So please go and vote.....
The Following User Says Thank You to GaPeachgirl For This Useful Post:
Shawn10rene (09-16-2012)
Old 07-21-2012, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather1987 View Post
where can i go vote NO for this???
On that day they will have differenct location set up to go and vote and it all depends on your area of location, one place I know you can call your local library and ask if they don't know ask them for a number to call to see where is your location to vote...
Old 08-26-2012, 02:49 PM

Quote:

There has been a website set up called keepalbamaworking If you can, check it out, so you can see what and how they are trying to get the vote. Unfortunately, I don't live in AL, but my husband is there at St Clair. I just read that the Birmingham chapter of the NAACP is supporting the vote.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:20 PM
vamom

I don't live in AL either, I hope and will pray for no votes. The republican Party is working for yes
Old 08-26-2012, 10:24 PM
Trying to help my man

I cnt vote but i will let everyone kno.. do u kno where they can vote at
Old 09-05-2012, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Hello im new on prison talk, but ive been following this alabama General Fund since the beginning. I dnt understand why everybody is calling this hb386? i thought that bill is about sentencing law or the sentence reform act. on sept 18 i thought the Alabamains have a chance to decide rather to raid the trust fund or not to help medicaid and prison system budget. VOTE NO for the Amendment 1(wording on the ballot) on sept 18 is the RIGHT choice and im supporting the vote no although im in florida & cnt vote but my man is in Ventress c.f... i find an article in the Anniston star in Alabama from Sept 2 that says 'Mass release' of state prisoners not a given if amendment fails (read it plz).... my sweetheart & i is looking forward to parole, bc the amendment doesnt say they have to release our love ones but they have to do something the parole proceedings if it fail.. pardon me if my reply wasnt needed i just thought the more 411 the better.
The Following User Says Thank You to rlb2016 For This Useful Post:
Shawn10rene (09-16-2012)