Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OREGON > Oregon Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oregon Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Oregon Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 11-19-2011, 05:46 PM

Thanked 1,678 Times in 829 Posts
Default Jail Call Solutions

Has anyone used this service for their loved one? I am thinking about using them, but wanted to see if anyone else has, and get any feedback, before making a decision.

Thanks!

Peace~
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2011, 12:33 AM
Lifecoach
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,842 Times in 1,184 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by InmateLover67 View Post
Has anyone used this service for their loved one? I am thinking about using them, but wanted to see if anyone else has, and get any feedback, before making a decision.

Thanks!

Peace~
For the most part don't go there. I think it's a bit of a scam because all outgoing calls from DOC HAVE to go through the VAC system, so no savings there - and you can easily get a local cell phone line virtually anywhere...

Sorry!
TLAn4ever (11-21-2011)
Old 11-21-2011, 02:31 AM
LOVE YOU FOREVER

Default help for calls

I've been using a certain call plan for about a yr and it has been remarkabley cheap and hassel free. Im not sure if were able to provide info such as company names in order to help others in our situation but I will see if it states any of the nonos bout this. My hubby is almost 2000 miles away and I've paid 45$ for the yr I was paying that for just one call a day before my friend let me in on this monry saver.
Old 11-21-2011, 03:11 AM
Lifecoach
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MELLEX ZARANDA View Post
I've been using a certain call plan for about a yr and it has been remarkabley cheap and hassel free. Im not sure if were able to provide info such as company names in order to help others in our situation but I will see if it states any of the nonos bout this. My hubby is almost 2000 miles away and I've paid 45$ for the yr I was paying that for just one call a day before my friend let me in on this monry saver.
While things might be different with your husband, in the Federal System, in the Oregon DOC there are no "cheap phone calls..." Sorry!
Old 12-05-2011, 12:13 AM

Default Federal Phone Calls

You are INCORRECT. Within the Federal system only, local calls are billed at 6 cents per minute, while "long distance" calls are billed at 23 cents. If you were to get a local number one of the companies like jail call solutions or one of the others, your calls would be the lowest possible. Now, with state or county jails, they all use their own phone service provider but also charge A LOT more for long distance calls than local, so local numbers help there as well. I should know, I've had the bad luck of having my father in Seagoville (FED) and my uncle in Casa Linda, NV (State). Hopefully this helps someone save some money. good luck.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:17 AM
Lifecoach
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inmate Advocate View Post
You are INCORRECT. Within the Federal system only, local calls are billed at 6 cents per minute, while "long distance" calls are billed at 23 cents. If you were to get a local number one of the companies like jail call solutions or one of the others, your calls would be the lowest possible. Now, with state or county jails, they all use their own phone service provider but also charge A LOT more for long distance calls than local, so local numbers help there as well. I should know, I've had the bad luck of having my father in Seagoville (FED) and my uncle in Casa Linda, NV (State). Hopefully this helps someone save some money. good luck.
Sorry, this doesn't apply to anyone or any prison in the Oregon Department of Corrections. There are Federal Forums where this information might be applicable or helpful, but it's not helpful within the State of Oregon (or Washington State for that matter...)