Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ALABAMA > Alabama Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Alabama Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Alabama Department of Corrections and local & county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 01-28-2017, 11:40 AM
Broken Mom

Default Denied visitation: one dismissed charge, one pending charge

Help please. I have been denied visitation with me son from ADOC. I have only been in trouble twice in my life and the first time was over 2 yrs ago and was dismissed and the other is pending. So I need help to appeal.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2017, 12:20 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 32,653 Times in 14,989 Posts

The pending charges is most likely the main reason for the denial. You can write the Warden and ask for a reconsideration of the denial, but IMHO, you'll still be denied. I'm so sorry If denied again, get your court case over with and try again. If you get probation, you'll need permission from your PO as well as from the facility.

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 01-28-2017, 08:20 PM
Broken Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchouli View Post
The pending charges is most likely the main reason for the denial. You can write the Warden and ask for a reconsideration of the denial, but IMHO, you'll still be denied. I'm so sorry If denied again, get your court case over with and try again. If you get probation, you'll need permission from your PO as well as from the facility.
But how can they use pending charges when I haven't been found guilty. It doesn't say that in their rules and regulations I don't understand
Old 01-28-2017, 08:22 PM
Broken Mom

Are you familiar with Alabama Therapeutic Educational Facility? That's where he is now
Old 01-28-2017, 08:55 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 32,653 Times in 14,989 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmied1105 View Post
Are you familiar with Alabama Therapeutic Educational Facility? That's where he is now
No, I'm not, I'm in KY...hopefully someone in Alabama will be along to better answer about that facility

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 01-29-2017, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmied1105 View Post
I am a graduate and alumni of ATEF. I know all the guys there. Mr. Edwards is the Director ("Warden") now. Mr. Hetzel has been promoted to other areas of CEC who owns ATEF. I know all the guys over there. I just helped them with media day.

You can see the news article here on youtube.

What are your pending charges? Felonies? Are you taking it to trial or taking a plea? What are your plans?
Old 02-01-2017, 10:27 AM
Broken Mom

I am definitely taking it to trial. They are drug charges but I'm so confused because my ex husband is a convicted felon and he was approved. I haven't seen my son in 8 months and it's killing both of us. See if something happens to me when I have court and things don't go in my favor there is no telling when I will see my son again if ever because I won't survive prison my health is to bad. I can't stand this thought. I am a good mom I have made my mistakes but I'm not bad for my son. Please help me if u can