Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ALABAMA > Alabama Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Alabama Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Alabama Department of Corrections and local & county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 05-23-2017, 11:35 AM
vamom

Angry I'm capped at how much I can fund his phone account. Why?

They won't let me put but $50 a month on my son's account. Then I have to go to Western Union to add more! I figure this will add another $25 to the $100 I usually spend. I'm out of state and he calls once a week! I guess I'm on a rant! What is going on?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2017, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkered View Post
They won't let me put but $50 a month on my son's account. Then I have to go to Western Union to add more! I figure this will add another $25 to the $100 I usually spend. I'm out of state and he calls once a week! I guess I'm on a rant! What is going on?
Through IC solutions, they will allow me to use my debit card for up to $300 a month. After that I can only add funds using Western Union, and it can only be done at a location. The fee is $5 per transaction. This is the most rediculous practice I've ever experienced. Who cares how much you spend? If the money was not in my account to pay for it, then guess what... The transaction would be denied! It's not like you're running up credit. I'm right there with you, this makes no sense and is a huge inconvenience for me. I wish I had an answer or alternative for you. Unfortunately, I've yet to find a work around.

Tiffany ❤

Last edited by Tiffmm24; 05-24-2017 at 12:09 AM..
Old 05-27-2017, 11:09 PM

Default New policy with IC solutions and debit card payment limits!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkered View Post
I just found this out tonight! The $50 limit per month using a debit card. I called IC Solutions and they said that they changed their policy May 1, 2017 because they have had a lot of fraud in their system. I talked to a supervisor and made a complaint and also emailed them a complaint too. I was told that we could send a money order through the mail and that it would not cost any additional fees. I told them that I thought is was very unprofessional that they didn't make their customers aware of this change until we were denied adding more than the $50 a month. Not sure it will make any difference but I hope it will!
The Following User Says Thank You to LBwife For This Useful Post:
Tiffmm24 (05-28-2017)
Old 05-28-2017, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBwife View Post
I just found this out tonight! The $50 limit per month using a debit card. I called IC Solutions and they said that they changed their policy May 1, 2017 because they have had a lot of fraud in their system. I talked to a supervisor and made a complaint and also emailed them a complaint too. I was told that we could send a money order through the mail and that it would not cost any additional fees. I told them that I thought is was very unprofessional that they didn't make their customers aware of this change until we were denied adding more than the $50 a month. Not sure it will make any difference but I hope it will!
Wow. I must be grandfathered in at $300. Thank God. It's so inconvenient having to go to Western Union. The thing that gets me is, if the money wasn't in my bank account; it would not allow the transaction to go through. So, wtc?! You know people trying to get something for nothing screw things up for the ones doing things right. Thanks for the info!

Tiffany ❤
Old 05-28-2017, 09:24 PM

Btw, where is your son?

Tiffany ❤
Old 05-29-2017, 01:54 AM
still batshit crazy

Thanked 1,212 Times in 567 Posts

Can you use the Western Union services online?
Old 05-29-2017, 06:42 AM

No, because it's a "prepaid service" you have to go to an actual location. Most of the time I have to tell them how to do it, because the agents aren't very familiar with the process. Such a headache.

Tiffany ❤
Old 05-29-2017, 01:05 PM
still batshit crazy

Thanked 1,212 Times in 567 Posts

Like too many other "rules", I'm just at their rationale.
I'm sorry y'all have to deal with this!
Old 05-29-2017, 01:37 PM

Thanked 2,753 Times in 957 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffmm24 View Post
Wow. I must be grandfathered in at $300. Thank God. It's so inconvenient having to go to Western Union. The thing that gets me is, if the money wasn't in my bank account; it would not allow the transaction to go through. So, wtc?! You know people trying to get something for nothing screw things up for the ones doing things right. Thanks for the info!
Not all banks deny transactions if the money isn't there. Some let them go through and charge an overdraft fee. I have no idea if this affects if the payee gets paid or not.

“Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own”
Old 05-29-2017, 09:46 PM

It shouldn't. That's part of why there's an OD fee. Basically you're paying interest on the money they "fronted" you to pay the debtor. However, it's not the same as running up a credit tab with ICSolutions. People are using cards fraudulently to add funds. That's the issue.

Tiffany ❤