Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > PENNSYLVANIA > Pennsylvania Visitation, Prison Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Pennsylvania Visitation, Prison Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Pennsylvania Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 03-15-2017, 02:11 PM

Default GTL email saying Sent Message has been approved

Hello, I have a question about an email I received from GTL today. I have sent a total of four emails to my boyfriend two on 2/7/17 one on 2/15/17 and another on 2/21/17. Just today (3/15/17) I received two emails sent at the same time from GTL with the subject header saying Sent Message Has Been Approved. In the body of the message it said A message you sent to "my boyfriends name" has been approved for delivery. Is it normal to receive this email from GTL? Is it normal to take about a month for the inmate to receive the email? Does this email mean he is just receiving those messages? I am worried that the two i sent on the seventh of February just got accepted and sent to him. When i called customer service, the lady told me she knew nothing about the email part of the company and only about the phones, which really frustrated me. If anyone has received this email, or has had normal correspondence with your loved one in prison and has never received these emails please let me know. I am freaking out a little
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2017, 06:25 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmscho View Post
Hello, I have a question about an email I received from GTL today. I have sent a total of four emails to my boyfriend two on 2/7/17 one on 2/15/17 and another on 2/21/17. Just today (3/15/17) I received two emails sent at the same time from GTL with the subject header saying Sent Message Has Been Approved. In the body of the message it said A message you sent to "my boyfriends name" has been approved for delivery. Is it normal to receive this email from GTL? Is it normal to take about a month for the inmate to receive the email? Does this email mean he is just receiving those messages? I am worried that the two i sent on the seventh of February just got accepted and sent to him. When i called customer service, the lady told me she knew nothing about the email part of the company and only about the phones, which really frustrated me. If anyone has received this email, or has had normal correspondence with your loved one in prison and has never received these emails please let me know. I am freaking out a little

Hello , I get those emails too , not with every email I send but random emails and he already has received and responded to my emails by the time , I have got the sent emails, on the weekdays , it varies but he usually gets my emails within a hour or less. When he isnt locked in and on the weekend it takes longer, I hope , I could be some help
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Always_His For This Useful Post:
bobble60 (03-19-2017), cmscho (03-19-2017)
Old 03-19-2017, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Always_His View Post
Hello , I get those emails too , not with every email I send but random emails and he already has received and responded to my emails by the time , I have got the sent emails, on the weekdays , it varies but he usually gets my emails within a hour or less. When he isnt locked in and on the weekend it takes longer, I hope , I could be some help
Yes, you were so much help. Thank you!! I was worried by the email and I was hoping that it did not take a month for my message to go through. Thank you again!
The Following User Says Thank You to cmscho For This Useful Post:
Always_His (03-19-2017)
Old 03-19-2017, 08:31 PM
Donation Award 

Your welcome , that email thing has a mind of its own, works when it wants
Old 03-26-2017, 07:48 AM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 2,063 Times in 1,167 Posts

I believe I put this caution somewhere else:

All emails are screened by the contractor's server. The DOC has a "dictionary" of words and phrases they developed (and constantly update), and all emails are run through this dictionary. Any email which happens to hit on one of those words or phrases is flagged for review by a human being. This can be the cause of delays.

So don't put anything in that email you don't want someone else to read.

Also, the emails are stored on that server forever.