Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Wasco State Prison (WSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Wasco State Prison (WSP) - California Topics & Discussions specific to Wasco State Prison located in Wasco, California.

Old 12-26-2012, 04:23 PM

Thanked 1,864 Times in 1,071 Posts
Default WSP Newbie Q & A Thread

If you are new to this prison and you have any questions, please use this for any general questions you may have that do not fit in any of the other Q&A threads!

Please try to stay on topic!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2013, 11:04 PM
Est. 2005

So my hubby is to be transferred back to Wasco this week,will he be in reception forever again or will he go straight to the main line? Anybody know?

Old 05-01-2013, 06:20 PM

Default How to find Inmate Info

I recently found out my ex got sent to WASCO after his third strike. Hes never been to Prison, so this prison stuff is scarier than his jail stints for me. I want to write him, I want to know how long he will be in for.

Can I call?

Will they give me that info?

It says on the LA Inmate system, he's a SP-4...I have no clue to what that is. Is that bad?
Old 05-01-2013, 11:39 PM

I Google it means he is about to be transfered on bus
Old 05-02-2013, 07:11 AM
BB ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by shattered13 View Post
I recently found out my ex got sent to WASCO after his third strike. Hes never been to Prison, so this prison stuff is scarier than his jail stints for me. I want to write him, I want to know how long he will be in for.

Can I call?

It says on the LA Inmate system, he's a SP-4...I have no clue to what that is. Is that bad?
SP status means state prison. If he just got sent to Wasco it'll take a few days for him to show up in the system but you can call Wasco records and get his CDC number and mailing address.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:00 PM

Okay, so my man was sentenced to 2 years (from one county so far) and a week after his sentencing, he was transferred to Wasco. I really dont know how any of this goes...
I heard the maximum stay was 90 days, is this true?
What is the difference, if any, between reception and main line?
What prevents you from getting approved for visits?
Can they use the phone and call?
Old 08-17-2013, 10:11 PM

Default First Time - Need info about Wasco

Hi everyone,
I am new to this site. Glad I found it. My boyfriend of 4 years was recently sentenced to 4 years in prison. He was just transferred to Wasco last night. I am going through a hard time with all of this. Any input would be great. What is Wasco like for the inmates? What is the visiting like there too? And for anybody who's loved one is no longer in reception and currently being housed at a different prison what is that like for both you and your loved one? I guess I have just no clue what to expect. I am very worried . Thanks guys.
Old 08-17-2013, 10:15 PM
WINNING! Admin

PTOQ Editorial Team Member 

Donation Award 

Thanked 37,843 Times in 10,457 Posts

Hi Andrea714, and welcome to PTO. You've come to the right place for information and support. I have moved your thread here to the Wasco State Prison subforum of our California forums so that members who have dealt with or are dealing with that facility may assist you. Meanwhile, have a look around the forum(s), I am sure you will find it informative. Best of luck to you and yours.

THIS CORRESPONDENCE
IS FROM A WOMAN IN LOVE
WITH A FORMER INMATE OF
THE ILLINOIS DEPARTMENT
OF CORRECTIONS

Old 10-11-2013, 09:04 PM
Account Closed

Default Housing facilities A-H

First of all I just want to say thank god for this forum.

I'm sure everyone would like to know about what it's like in the different housing level's.

My bf just got transferred to reception from county. He's in Housing D level 5. anyone know what it's like in there? He has points from his past, finally started to make good change, but an old case creeped up on him and exaggeratingly turned on him. Now he's stuck in reception till transfer. Serving a 4 year bid.

Staying positive.
Old 10-14-2013, 11:40 PM
Miss my KiNg

Never knew there was a level 5.....just 1-4. All RC in Cali is the same, no phones, non contact visits and mail only. He can go to yard and canteen, etc.....
The Following User Says Thank You to ju's wife For This Useful Post:
noboundries (07-25-2014)
Old 05-26-2014, 08:19 PM

Default wasco prison

I need all or any information on wasco state prison I've tried calling them but all I ever get is a ring over and over I need to get a hold of my husband to let him know his mother is in the hospital so that way he can get a call home maybe....... please anybody
Old 05-27-2014, 09:56 AM
his one and only wife

They won't allow a call home and they won't pass him a message unless someone passes away. The fastest way to let your husband know would be to send him a postcard.
Old 05-27-2014, 01:13 PM

Hello Everyone,

I'm fairly new here. My husband is dealing with his first run-in with the law, and he is sentenced to time in state prison. His disposition code is SP4, so he should be getting on a bus to state soon. My question is: When he gets to Reception, will he be mixed in with inmates of all security levels? In county, he's low security and will be classified as a level 2 at most in prison. I'm just worried about the time he'll be in reception BEFORE he's classified. H's non-violent, older, and has never served hard time. Please give me any info you have. I desperately need something to calm me down.
Old 05-27-2014, 02:20 PM
his one and only wife

Janie... in reception inmates of all levels are mixed together.... Level 1 -Lifer it doesn't really matter, reception is reception. It's pretty much the same in county jail, so it shouldn't be much of a difference for him.
Old 05-27-2014, 02:22 PM

But in county, he was moved pretty quickly to a minimum security area--the day he got there, in fact. Won't he be in danger if he's mixed in with violent criminals for up to (or maybe even exceeding) 120 days? This is what he keeps me up at night.
Old 05-27-2014, 03:50 PM

Anybody going to wasco Saturday?? Need ride near LA PLEASE
Old 05-27-2014, 04:29 PM
his one and only wife

Janie... I don't know what county he was in, but I'm sure he was mixed with all kinds of different people, you probably just weren't aware. Is he a PC? In prison they really don't care, and even if he was a level 2 in prison there are still lifers on level 2 yards. Level 2 is the lowest security level a lifer can be. During reception everyone is being classified so they are all mixed together.

Last edited by Luvly143; 05-27-2014 at 04:30 PM..
Old 05-27-2014, 05:32 PM

Angry Main line visits

So my bf is a southerner Hispanic in A yard. I know I need to make an appointment but how long do the visits last? He's already in mainline so I think it's a contact visit. Also, I haven't heard anything about my visiting app and I mailed it in march 5th. Is it normal to take this long? I know they received it because I called. They just said it was processing
Old 07-04-2014, 06:11 PM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Thanked 1,273 Times in 789 Posts
Question Is it open for intake too

Hi....can anyone tell me if Wasco, is open to intake other than reception?

I'm inquiring if there is level 3 GP, there.

Thank you, for any information you can help me with.
Old 07-04-2014, 06:22 PM

Question Fiance says hes apart of the ADA and will be able to use phone soon?

Hes currently in reception in Wasco, CA State Prison. He hurt his ankle pretty bad and he was in the hospital for a while getting surgery, now he has a metal plate and 2 screws in him for life!

Hes healing well, its the first time ive heard from him in over a month because he cant receive or send letters while in the hospital. i was so relieved. I had no idea what was going on.

But he said in his letter that because hes now apart of ADA (american disability act) he will be able to use the phone AND receive packages if he hits the 90 day mark in reception. Typically inmates in reception cannot use the phone, but is it because of the medical ordeal that the rules get bent?

Does anyone know if this is true or not?
Old 07-06-2014, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shattered13 View Post

Can I call?

Did you get the information that you needed for WASCO ?
Old 07-06-2014, 09:52 PM

Default Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassyyymichele View Post
Hes currently in reception in Wasco, CA State Prison. He hurt his ankle pretty bad and he was in the hospital for a while getting surgery, now he has a metal plate and 2 screws in him for life!

Hes healing well, its the first time ive heard from him in over a month because he cant receive or send letters while in the hospital. i was so relieved. I had no idea what was going on.

But he said in his letter that because hes now apart of ADA (american disability act) he will be able to use the phone AND receive packages if he hits the 90 day mark in reception. Typically inmates in reception cannot use the phone, but is it because of the medical ordeal that the rules get bent?

Does anyone know if this is true or not?
My son just got sent to WASCO...reception. Can you tell me what it has been like for your boyfriend ? I am sorry about your boyfriends surgery and hope he gets well soon. I am in San Diego County and am a really worried mom !
Old 07-06-2014, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerose2 View Post
First of all I just want to say thank god for this forum.

I'm sure everyone would like to know about what it's like in the different housing level's.

My bf just got transferred to reception from county. He's in Housing D level 5. anyone know what it's like in there? He has points from his past, finally started to make good change, but an old case creeped up on him and exaggeratingly turned on him. Now he's stuck in reception till transfer. Serving a 4 year bid.

Staying positive.
I don't know anything as of yet, if you find anything out will you let me know and vice versa ? Please and T.Y.
Old 07-07-2014, 11:32 AM
his one and only wife

Wasco is a reception center. There is also a level 1 mainline yard, and a level 3 mainline yard. If your loved one is in reception, it's basically all the same. The inmates are all different security levels, waiting to be seen by a counselor to be classified and sent to a mainline prison where they will do their time. Time in reception varies, but the average is 3-5 months. Sometimes faster, sometimes slower. There are no phone calls, only mail, and you must be approved before you can visit. Have your loved one send you a signed visiting questionnaire, fill it out and return it as soon as possible. It takes close to 90 days to get approved in Wasco. If you are lucky enough to be approved before he mainlines, the visits are for 1 hour behind glass. Hope this helps. If you have more questions I am happy to help.
Old 07-07-2014, 03:20 PM
It's Not Funny Anymore

Does anyone have some secret way as to how to get through to that place? I have been on the phone for over 2 hrs attempting to get past the recording and no luck. I know the recording by heart now, geez it wasn't this hard in the past. lol Just asking for some advice????

~ Enough is Enough~

The Following User Says Thank You to Unique Ways For This Useful Post:
adrijaimes805 (10-26-2014)