Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Sierra Conservation Center (SCC) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Sierra Conservation Center (SCC) - California Topics, Discussions and Information relating to the Sierra Conservation Center (SCC), located in Jamestown, California.

Old 11-03-2013, 08:35 PM

Hi all! So it sounds like SCC is a horrible place to be however that's where he is endorsed to go.. SO that being said I'm trying to look for any positives LOL. He's a going to be on the level 3 SNY. So please if anyone can answer a few questions I have that would be amazing! First off what yard would be go to for level 3 SNY? how long is orientation (he's new to the SN world)? How often do they get to call home? How long does mail take to get to and from? Anything wierd about visits to be aware of? Is it usually the SN inmates on lockdowns or GP? Also how is program there? He's eager to get his GED done will that have to be postponed with ALL the lockdowns? And lastly while on orientation can you have non contact visits? Thanks in advance for your guys help!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2013, 02:47 PM
1 in a million!

Hi everyone, my man just arrived at SCC last night from CIM so here I am! I'm in San Diego and we're both from here so I doubt I'll be making a visit to see him anytime soon. He's been at CIM since Jan 2011 and this transfer came as a surprise to both of us. He's not even eligible for fire camp (hasn't been since before this bid when his counselor told him) so he's as confused as I am! From the time he was told at CIM he was leaving there until arriving at SCC has been all of 8 days. But what can we do, really? CIM wasn't great but we had it pretty good with the phone calls almost daily, and the visiting there wasn't what I was told it would be, I didn't have any problems with my clothes or the CO's on our necks the 3 visits we had. I'm not too worried about my honey, he's been in before and can take care of himself but even my brother (who did his time at Avenal and Folsom but discharged from parole in '94 and hasn't been back) said SCC is a shit hole. Are there a lot of problems here? And the phones? My man was on the minimum yard at CIM so where would that be here? I appreciate everyone for all the advice and taking the time to help a newbie out I tried in the CIM forum to help out and respond to questions when I could because I would hate to be where I am now, which is clueless!! Have a good weekend!

Oh real quick, does anyone know about reception here? Would he have to do it here? He had to do reception TWICE at CIM and they were about 4-5 months each time. Also, signing up for the phone, how long after he signs up can he call? Thank you again!
Old 11-11-2013, 01:36 PM

Reception at Cim did take forever but at Scc it was only days! The phones at cim were way better I would get a couple calls a day now I'm lucky if I get one a week. We're still new so I don't have many answers but hopefully that helps a little.
Old 11-11-2013, 01:54 PM
1 in a million!

Well I talked to him the night before last I guess he got there but none of his property did. He was bummed, and he told me he didn't have to do reception but he had to wait for classification, don't know what that means but I haven't heard from him since. I'm just winging it. I can't worry about what I don't know and he'll be alright I'm sure. It would be comforting to hear from him but it takes a toll on me emotionally worrying and worrying so I'll just pray I hear from him soon.
TheBooBoo yours was at CIM too? When did he leave there?
Old 01-15-2014, 08:05 PM
''TILL DEATH DO US PART''

Hi my husband is being transferred here tomorrow.I'm trying to find out as much as I can about this place . Is visiting scheduled through vpass? How long before he can call or I can visit? Does anyone know how family visiting is here ?
I have heard a lot of negative stuff about this place ( hoping it's not true) I heard they are not allowed to use phones much.i heard visiting is very very strict ..any info is very much appreciated . Thank u

faith, hope and love.
But the greatest of these is love.
Old 01-20-2014, 11:29 PM

Does anyone ever respond on here?

faith, hope and love.
The Following User Says Thank You to sac_girl For This Useful Post:
soulmate4ev (01-23-2014)
Old 01-23-2014, 10:02 AM

I've noticed no one does LOL well from what I've came to understand the yards are what it all depends on. Yard A&B are GP firecamp guys and that is where all this information on here comes from. I did my own research on C Yard the level 3 SNY & they get calls everyday & from the ladies I've spoken to they've very rarely gone on lockdown. As far as visiting, your inmate goes on an orientation period & depending on what day they've gotten there is what day they are called to committee and classified into the yard which is when contact visits and phone calls begin. My bf got there on a Thursday & since committee days are Wednesdays he's had to wait 2 weeks. Had he gotten there any day before Wednesday his counselor said he would have seen committee in only one week. I went for a non contact visit & to me it looked like all kinda of outfits got in.. But my expierence is from C yard so it depends where your loved ones going.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hisrock55 For This Useful Post:
Iwillbstrong4u8 (06-13-2014), sac_girl (01-27-2014), Staystrong (02-15-2014)
Old 01-23-2014, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sac_girl View Post
Hi my husband is being transferred here tomorrow.I'm trying to find out as much as I can about this place . Is visiting scheduled through vpass? How long before he can call or I can visit? Does anyone know how family visiting is here ?
I have heard a lot of negative stuff about this place ( hoping it's not true) I heard they are not allowed to use phones much.i heard visiting is very very strict ..any info is very much appreciated . Thank u
Hello, my husband used to be in Mariposa yard, guess B yard 7 months ago. I did not like visiting at all! Strict! They pick and choose who they want to nitpick. If you dare, by accident leave your $ on the table, they'll terminate your visit..It happend to me! Didn't even let us say goodbye!

We had 2 FV's and it was Wonderful & relaxed! Fresh food too.
Vpass wasnt used at that time. If reg visiting is full, they'll terminate your visit!

Phones suck too. I'm glad he is no longer there...

Good Luck, Hope your experience is much better.
The Following User Says Thank You to soulmate4ev For This Useful Post:
sac_girl (01-27-2014)
Old 01-27-2014, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hisrock55 View Post
I've noticed no one does LOL well from what I've came to understand the yards are what it all depends on. Yard A&B are GP firecamp guys and that is where all this information on here comes from. I did my own research on C Yard the level 3 SNY & they get calls everyday & from the ladies I've spoken to they've very rarely gone on lockdown. As far as visiting, your inmate goes on an orientation period & depending on what day they've gotten there is what day they are called to committee and classified into the yard which is when contact visits and phone calls begin. My bf got there on a Thursday & since committee days are Wednesdays he's had to wait 2 weeks. Had he gotten there any day before Wednesday his counselor said he would have seen committee in only one week. I went for a non contact visit & to me it looked like all kinda of outfits got in.. But my expierence is from C yard so it depends where your loved ones going.
My hubby is on c yard

faith, hope and love.
Old 01-27-2014, 12:48 AM

Quote:
I went to visit Saturday for a window visit ..it seems way more laid back then Other prisons my hubby has been to . I will be going for a contact visit this weekend

faith, hope and love.
The Following User Says Thank You to sac_girl For This Useful Post:
hisrock55 (01-29-2014)
Old 02-15-2014, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Thank you for the information you provided. My husband got transferred yesterday (Valentine's day) to Sierra. I'm new to all this, do you know if they are allow to receive visits before they get classified/go through the orientation period? I can't wait to have contact visits. Do you make appointments online or by calling? I'm sorry for asking so many questions. I just want to make sure I got this right because I will be driving from LA when I visit him.
Thank you!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Staystrong For This Useful Post:
hisrock55 (02-24-2014)
Old 02-18-2014, 05:22 PM

When my husband was transferred I visited him that weekend. But things have changed. Also depends what side he's going to be on. Yes you make appointment online @ California Department of Corrections Vpass. If you don't make an appointment you can go in as a walk in but you'd have to stand in line and i think they start that process at 10. Hope this info was helpful.
Staystrong (02-18-2014)
Old 02-18-2014, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by One~Love View Post
When my husband was transferred I visited him that weekend. But things have changed. Also depends what side he's going to be on. Yes you make appointment online @ California Department of Corrections Vpass. If you don't make an appointment you can go in as a walk in but you'd have to stand in line and i think they start that process at 10. Hope this info was helpful.
Indeed all this information is very helpful! thank you so much for answering my questions. I called today and finally got his housing information. He is in yard A (Calaveras). I made an appointment online too. I'm planing to visit him this coming weekend (22nd and 23rd). Do you know where I can find out about any lockdown status for the weekend? I'm driving from LA and I would hate to show up and not being able to see him.
Old 02-19-2014, 04:13 PM

Today I received my first phone call. I'm so glad my husband is doing ok. The call was only for 15min and it quickly cut off after the machine said that I had 60 seconds left. He told me that the phone situation there is difficult. They get their name on a list for an appointment and then at night time they draw their numbers to get an opportunity to call. Apparently there are no many phones in this facility (he is in calaveras side). So ladies if your love one is no calling don't worry it is the facility that doesn't have many phones...perhaps we should call GTL requesting they put pressure on SCC to add more phones...
Old 03-02-2014, 11:33 AM

My husband just saw his committee on wednesday 26th and was place on the waiting list to begin the physical fitness training for fire camp. Do any of you know how long does it take from the time they see committee to the actual training? How long is the training? and after training how long until they transferred to a fire camp? Thank you for any info you can provide.
Old 03-12-2014, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandra gijarro View Post
Hi I'm going to be going to visit my boyfriend for the first time and I'm wondering if any one knows if theirs a near by motel/hotel I want to be able to visit both days.And about the dress code any info you might have would be very helpful.Thank you in advance .
We were there in January and we staid at RailRoad in in James town and I was 3 min from prison
Old 05-08-2014, 02:10 PM

Thanked 3,972 Times in 1,241 Posts

Hello everyone - I just found out that my son is transferring to SCC tomorrow. He's going to a level 3 SNY yard (first time in SNY) and, from what I've read on here, he will be going to C yard. Since most of the posts are about yards A & B, I'm wondering if there is anyone who can offer more info about C yard. I'm pretty upset and worried after reading about the politics, drugs and unpleasant visiting that you've all talked about on the other yards. Can anyone offer any more information about C yard? I would REALLY appreciate it. Thanks!
Old 06-14-2014, 02:41 AM

Hello all, my love just got transferred to SCC a week ago and I am so worried about him and want to know everything there is to know about the A yard at this place....please ANYONE with ANY info on this yard reply. I am going crazy wondering if he is alright and so far from what I have read from past posts it seems like this place is not the most favorable to be
Old 06-14-2014, 07:12 AM
Caligurl209

There's a fb page from Sierra conservation in Jamestown there's a lot of ladies who's man are in a yard. They can answer ur questions there cause here I tend to see no one really in the group for this prison. But other then that don't worry he will be fine. They just have so many guys for 3 phones.i know that cause my best friend her man I'm the same yard as urs. So stay positive he will call u soon and reassure he good.
The Following User Says Thank You to Caligirl20985 For This Useful Post:
Iwillbstrong4u8 (06-14-2014)
Old 06-14-2014, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caligirl20985 View Post
There's a fb page from Sierra conservation in Jamestown there's a lot of ladies who's man are in a yard. They can answer ur questions there cause here I tend to see no one really in the group for this prison. But other then that don't worry he will be fine. They just have so many guys for 3 phones.i know that cause my best friend her man I'm the same yard as urs. So stay positive he will call u soon and reassure he good.

Caligirl20985, Thank you for the information you've already been a big help
Old 06-14-2014, 09:44 AM
Caligurl209

No problem hope u start getting ur calls and mail soon.
Iwillbstrong4u8 (06-14-2014)
Old 07-03-2014, 07:45 PM

how often do you ladies get phone calls? I think my man is cheating on me. He has been there for a couple of months now. But he also hasn't sent me a visiting form. thx for your time
Old 07-04-2014, 01:33 PM
Caligurl209

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartfeather View Post
how often do you ladies get phone calls? I think my man is cheating on me. He has been there for a couple of months now. But he also hasn't sent me a visiting form. thx for your time
The camp side meaning the lower yards always have more of a difficult time getting phones. The prison side the calls can be daily. But it depends of the c/o's if they let the guys use the phones. Why do you think ur man is cheating?
heartfeather (07-04-2014)
Old 07-04-2014, 03:21 PM

oh ok, he is on the camp side. but the reason I think he's not being honest with me is because he hasn't sent me a form to visit him. And ive asked . and he didn't let me visit him at County either. he kept making excuses that his family already had the times booked up. i was understanding, but i can only be for so long. this is all new to me... so that's the only thing.
Old 07-04-2014, 05:57 PM
Caligurl209

I truly hope he ain't lying to u cause that's the last thing is ladies need is bs and lies. Write him a letter on how u feel. He can't be that busy not to write and be a real man to say what's really going on. Either way welcome to the Jamestown group is ladies. It seems to be quiet on here but there's a Facebook page that seems to be more involved
Iwillbstrong4u8 (08-10-2014)