Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Corcoran State Prison (COR) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Corcoran State Prison (COR) - California Topics and Discussions related to Corcoran State Prison (COR) located in Corcoran, California.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-26-2012, 04:37 PM
traviesita's Avatar
traviesita traviesita is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Califas...
Posts: 3,284
Thanks: 3,122
Thanked 1,864 Times in 1,071 Posts
Default Corcoran State Prison (COR) - Newbie Q & A Thread

If you are new to this prison and you have any questions, please use this for any general questions you may have that do not fit in any of the other Q&A threads!

Please try to stay on topic!!!
__________________
Site Moderator:
Cali What you Need to Know ~
Arizona ~ Arkansas~ KVSP ~ Loving a Lifer
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 02-15-2013, 10:51 PM
rachel2487 rachel2487 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: california u.s
Posts: 48
Thanks: 13
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

my love just bus down there today, I checked with the imate locator, does anyone know if he would be placed in the reception area first if so, how long would it take for him to place call or use the phones ?how does the mail system run there?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-15-2013, 11:04 PM
Davidswifey11's Avatar
Davidswifey11 Davidswifey11 is offline
LUV HIM 2 THE MOON N BACK
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: California
Posts: 844
Thanks: 14
Thanked 193 Times in 113 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel2487
my love just bus down there today, I checked with the imate locator, does anyone know if he would be placed in the reception area first if so, how long would it take for him to place call or use the phones ?how does the mail system run there?
Orientation is two weeks then he will be able to use the phone. Mail going into the prison is sometimes slow. I usually get my letters from my hubby is 2-3 days welcome to Corcoran
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-16-2013, 03:46 AM
Sheryl P.'s Avatar
Sheryl P. Sheryl P. is offline
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: california
Posts: 5,162
Thanks: 2,740
Thanked 3,951 Times in 2,166 Posts
Default

Welcome to Corcoran.
They get phones in general population.No in shu/ad seg.
Corcoran has both but I assume your talking about gp.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-16-2013, 10:32 AM
rachel2487 rachel2487 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: california u.s
Posts: 48
Thanks: 13
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Thank you lady's!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rachel2487 For This Useful Post:
Sheryl P. (02-19-2013)
  #6  
Old 02-16-2013, 09:00 PM
rachel2487 rachel2487 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: california u.s
Posts: 48
Thanks: 13
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Today I received a letter from my love that was dated on Wednesday feb 13, I guess u can say imate locator is really behind it doesn't give u acqurit information. he was there sents wednessday, they put him in the shu , when they shouldn't have, he was suppose to be at tracy g.p status my poor babe =(. does anyone know how long they hold his stuff , he told me he had to grab a sheet of paper from someone , to write me . when does he get his stuff back? I thought it travels along with him, can anyone explain what the shu is like cause all Im aware is he has nothing with him, he cant call theres no contact, I could only imagine how he feels =(
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-19-2013, 11:53 PM
cldom's Avatar
cldom cldom is offline
Taurus~n~Virgo
 

Join Date: May 2009
Location: Orange County, California
Posts: 197
Thanks: 127
Thanked 51 Times in 34 Posts
Default

their
is no 2013 mail question thread, so I'm putting it here. I heard u can go to a website and type a message for ur inmate. Anybody know what the site is or any other info?????
__________________




When my soul was in the lost and found,
...you came along to claim it.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-27-2013, 06:06 AM
Sheryl P.'s Avatar
Sheryl P. Sheryl P. is offline
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: california
Posts: 5,162
Thanks: 2,740
Thanked 3,951 Times in 2,166 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cldom View Post
their
is no 2013 mail question thread, so I'm putting it here. I heard u can go to a website and type a message for ur inmate. Anybody know what the site is or any other info?????
There are a few services like this.
If he isn't Federal,you type it and they print and mail it,regular mail.
You can try letterquick,they are close to Corcoran prison.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-27-2013, 06:11 AM
Sheryl P.'s Avatar
Sheryl P. Sheryl P. is offline
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: california
Posts: 5,162
Thanks: 2,740
Thanked 3,951 Times in 2,166 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel2487 View Post
Today I received a letter from my love that was dated on Wednesday feb 13, I guess u can say imate locator is really behind it doesn't give u acqurit information. he was there sents wednessday, they put him in the shu , when they shouldn't have, he was suppose to be at tracy g.p status my poor babe =(. does anyone know how long they hold his stuff , he told me he had to grab a sheet of paper from someone , to write me . when does he get his stuff back? I thought it travels along with him, can anyone explain what the shu is like cause all Im aware is he has nothing with him, he cant call theres no contact, I could only imagine how he feels =(
I would hope he has money on his books to send stuff home if he needs to (like photos).They only allow a limited amount in shu.
He might not get all his stuff so I would send funds via J-pay and send a post card to let him know they are in his account.They should inform them if they get funds but they aren't always great about that.
Hope it's just a mistake and he goes bak to gp soon.
If you have more questions the laides who have loved ones at that prison can help the best.I would post on the forum for that prison.
Try not to worry.
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sheryl P. For This Useful Post:
Ripskip (08-06-2017)
  #10  
Old 05-20-2013, 10:21 PM
Stevenjoanna06 Stevenjoanna06 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: California
Posts: 370
Thanks: 2
Thanked 41 Times in 36 Posts
Default

My husband was just transferred to Corcoran
for money to be sent can we send it thru Jpay?
How are visits My husband will be in the.SHU till July
So was wondering on both non contact visits.& contact visits
And phone calls can they call all day? & for.how long?
Phones its it thru Global tel link or?
Thanks ladies

Last edited by Stevenjoanna06; 05-20-2013 at 10:25 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-20-2013, 10:57 PM
LBee LBee is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 454
Thanks: 927
Thanked 355 Times in 166 Posts
Default

Yes, you can use JPay. No, they can't make phone calls at all while in SHU. Mail is extremely slow going in (1-4 weeks) but pretty quick coming out, at least for my friend in 4A. You need to schedule your non-contact visits by phone or email. I strongly recommend email. Instructions are on the main visiting sticky. Welcome, and feel free to keep asking questions!
__________________
Mt. 25:34-36... "...'Come, you who are blessed by my Father...For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in...I was in prison and you came to visit me.'"
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-20-2013, 11:09 PM
Stevenjoanna06 Stevenjoanna06 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: California
Posts: 370
Thanks: 2
Thanked 41 Times in 36 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBee View Post
Yes, you can use JPay. No, they can't make phone calls at all while in SHU. Mail is extremely slow going in (1-4 weeks) but pretty quick coming out, at least for my friend in 4A. You need to schedule your non-contact visits by phone or email. I strongly recommend email. Instructions are on the main visiting sticky. Welcome, and feel free to keep asking questions!
Thanks lol yes I know they can't make calls while in the SHU (should have clarified sorry his been doing his Shu term for.a while now should be on the.yard in July)
Once on the yard how often can they call (dayroom & is it through Global tel link?)
How is processing for visiting.pretty quick?
Thank you.for your help

Last edited by Stevenjoanna06; 05-20-2013 at 11:41 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-21-2013, 03:23 AM
Sheryl P.'s Avatar
Sheryl P. Sheryl P. is offline
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: california
Posts: 5,162
Thanks: 2,740
Thanked 3,951 Times in 2,166 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevenjoanna06 View Post
Thanks lol yes I know they can't make calls while in the SHU (should have clarified sorry his been doing his Shu term for.a while now should be on the.yard in July)
Once on the yard how often can they call (dayroom & is it through Global tel link?)
How is processing for visiting.pretty quick?
Thank you.for your help
Have you already been approved at another California prison ,for visiting him?
If so,it's pretty fast but can take forever to let him know your approved.
If not,it can be slow.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-21-2013, 07:21 PM
Stevenjoanna06 Stevenjoanna06 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: California
Posts: 370
Thanks: 2
Thanked 41 Times in 36 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheryl P. View Post
Have you already been approved at another California prison ,for visiting him?
If so,it's pretty fast but can take forever to let him know your approved.
If not,it can be slow.
yes i'm approved
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-29-2013, 05:34 PM
twinz61011's Avatar
twinz61011 twinz61011 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Posts: 55
Thanks: 47
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

My man will be transferred there within the next few weeks... I was told that since I was already approved at another prison I dont have to send another application here. Is this true ???? and how long after he arrives there do I have to wait before I can go visit.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-29-2013, 05:39 PM
Heluvedme1st's Avatar
Heluvedme1st Heluvedme1st is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sunny California
Posts: 6,551
Thanks: 1,516
Thanked 2,970 Times in 1,905 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinz61011 View Post
My man will be transferred there within the next few weeks... I was told that since I was already approved at another prison I dont have to send another application here. Is this true ???? and how long after he arrives there do I have to wait before I can go visit.
Thats true. And it depend on how fast he see a counselor. Its can take 2 weeks to 1 month. You can see him but it might be behind the glass. It just depend on the visiting people
__________________


Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Heluvedme1st For This Useful Post:
twinz61011 (06-06-2013)
  #17  
Old 05-31-2013, 12:09 AM
maritorres's Avatar
maritorres maritorres is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2012
Location: ca
Posts: 188
Thanks: 70
Thanked 36 Times in 33 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinz61011 View Post
My man will be transferred there within the next few weeks... I was told that since I was already approved at another prison I dont have to send another application here. Is this true ???? and how long after he arrives there do I have to wait before I can go visit.
My husband just got there on the 15th and see his counselor on the on the 22nd since then i give got a call everyday till nw.n visiting this weekend since I couldnt make it up there last weekend=)
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to maritorres For This Useful Post:
twinz61011 (06-06-2013)
  #18  
Old 09-22-2013, 06:13 PM
Msanita714 Msanita714 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2009
Location: Adelanto, Ca
Posts: 74
Thanks: 12
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Hi Ladies.

My husband will be arriving to Corcoran this week. He's level 4 gp. Does anybody know how long does orientation take here?? I haven't had a contact visit in a about half a year so I'm anxiously waiting! Thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-24-2013, 12:12 PM
08unbreakable14's Avatar
08unbreakable14 08unbreakable14 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: california,USA
Posts: 309
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msanita714
Hi Ladies.

My husband will be arriving to Corcoran this week. He's level 4 gp. Does anybody know how long does orientation take here?? I haven't had a contact visit in a about half a year so I'm anxiously waiting! Thank you.
About a week on lvl 4 but can be a month
__________________
WOULDN'T IT BE CUTE IF YOU STOLE MY HEART AND I STOLE YOUR LAST NAME
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-24-2013, 09:24 PM
Msanita714 Msanita714 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2009
Location: Adelanto, Ca
Posts: 74
Thanks: 12
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Thank you!!
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 03-31-2014, 12:50 AM
j.melissa21's Avatar
j.melissa21 j.melissa21 is offline
Dedicated To My Husband!
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: East Bay.
Posts: 107
Thanks: 35
Thanked 34 Times in 23 Posts
Default

Can someone tell me What yard is Level III SNY? Thanks advance
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-31-2014, 08:05 AM
Tequilamami4you's Avatar
Tequilamami4you Tequilamami4you is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ca.
Posts: 192
Thanks: 0
Thanked 45 Times in 38 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.melissa21
Can someone tell me What yard is Level III SNY? Thanks advance
C yard

Sent from my iPhone using PrisonTalk
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-31-2014, 08:52 AM
orchibu orchibu is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: uk
Posts: 974
Thanks: 118
Thanked 81 Times in 66 Posts
Question mail and phone calls

Hi anyone having probs with the mail . my penpals mum is worried as no letters for 3 weeks and no calls this week ,i havent heard from him for 4 weeks which is unusual but he has his parole hearing coming up , he has a job in there so im guessing hes just short on time at the moment , i spoke to his mum last night and said id see if i could find out anything for her about if there were probs with phones or mail is extra slow . thanks
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-31-2014, 10:01 AM
sidewalker sidewalker is online now
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ca usa
Posts: 29,953
Thanks: 52,232
Thanked 27,299 Times in 13,863 Posts
Default

it could be any number of things. Lockdown, adseg, or simply no time.
I hope your penpal's mom hears from him soon. Its so frustrating when you dont hear.
__________________
My windows aren't dirty

That's my dog's nose art

Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-31-2014, 10:10 AM
orchibu orchibu is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: uk
Posts: 974
Thanks: 118
Thanked 81 Times in 66 Posts
Default

Thanks for the reply, did 3 yrs with him at calipatria and back on board as a penpal now, the mail seems to take longer ! hopefully when i call her tomnight she will have had a call or mail . thanks again .
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Centinela State Prison Newbie Q & A Thread pj663 Centinela State Prison (CEN) - California 96 01-09-2016 05:59 AM
Does anyone know anything about Corcoran State Prison or Mule Creek State Prison JoeysMom California Substance Abuse Treatment Facility, Corcoran (SATF) 24 02-06-2005 02:30 AM
Corcoran State Prison grammyk California Substance Abuse Treatment Facility, Corcoran (SATF) 26 12-12-2003 03:49 AM
Corcoran State Prison grammyk California Substance Abuse Treatment Facility, Corcoran (SATF) 26 12-07-2003 09:32 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:23 AM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics