Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Folsom State Prison (FSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Folsom State Prison (FSP) - California Topics, Discussions and Information relating to Folsom State Prison, located in Represa, California.

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 09:55 AM
5'3 High And Rising

Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 5,642 Times in 2,921 Posts
Default ~~Summer 2012 Chit Chat Thread~~

This is for June, and all the summers it brings

for the chiming of the church bells... that sing

In songs of matrimony o'er top hats and lace

'Fore June passes torch, to July's scarlet face

July 4th is a day for barbeques

Underneath an unforgiving sun;

Later, fireworks, perhaps the news,

Yawns, some love, and then the day is done.

For most it is a day for celebration

Of something so familiar that its grace

August Breathes hot tiger-breath on my burning skin and stalks me to the icy river where I plunge right in.

Welcome To Your Summer Chit Chat Thread!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2012, 07:29 PM

Thanked 3,972 Times in 1,241 Posts

We've heard rumors that all of FSP is going to become a level 2 this summer. Does anyone know if this is true?
The Following User Says Thank You to tglsmom For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2012, 08:34 PM

Missing him soooo much right Now
The Following User Says Thank You to Ollinandatl For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2012, 11:00 AM

Hey ladies...2 more days and a wakeup until my love comes home. It's been a looong road and were finally at the end of this chapter of our lives. I hope all you ladies everlasting happiness and eternal love. Keep the faith alive cause your day will come soon. Xoxo
The Following User Says Thank You to JayTeezWifey For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2012, 02:31 AM
Ladii Loce 4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by tglsmom View Post
We've heard rumors that all of FSP is going to become a level 2 this summer. Does anyone know if this is true?

Yes!!! It's true FSP will become a level 2 my husband told me &the reason is to balance out the prison & at level 2 facilities you don't need as many CO'S & they can get of the gunner that's in each building! I'm blessed enough to no that he's not moving & he also said they change the point system so that have a lot to do with it.... I hope this help if anyone else have any info please post!! Thank You!!!

Last edited by ladydan2012; 06-11-2012 at 02:34 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to ladydan2012 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2012, 11:48 AM

WOW its summer time and half way thru this year. And almost half way thru this month. This year is FLYIN by. Love how years leave so QUICKLY

Hey JTW, Im happy for ya and wish u all the happiness, all the best to the rest of the ladies, we will get there ONE day have faith.
The Following User Says Thank You to SwtCaliGal For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2012, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladydan2012 View Post
Yes!!! It's true FSP will become a level 2 my husband told me &the reason is to balance out the prison & at level 2 facilities you don't need as many CO'S & they can get of the gunner that's in each building! I'm blessed enough to no that he's not moving & he also said they change the point system so that have a lot to do with it.... I hope this help if anyone else have any info please post!! Thank You!!!
Thanks for the reply, ladydan. I feel blessed, too, because my son will become level 2 and he was stressing big time about being transferred to a dorm. I hope he'll stay at FSP even though we have to travel so far to visit him. It's worth it if he feels fairly happy and safe. And, yes, if anyone else has more info, I would appreciate it!
The Following User Says Thank You to tglsmom For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2012, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladydan2012

My husband was sent to folsom this past friday and was classified a level 2...he was concerned because its mostly a level 3 prison???? This is our 3rd bid together and the hardest so far. Any info about this place would help...thanks for this site....
The Following User Says Thank You to Ravenswyytch For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2012, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenswyytch View Post
My husband was sent to folsom this past friday and was classified a level 2...he was concerned because its mostly a level 3 prison???? This is our 3rd bid together and the hardest so far. Any info about this place would help...thanks for this site....

Okies, I see ur in Old Folsom, well what u have to do is wait until hes gets off "Fish Row" takes about 2weeks. After that he will get to have his cell and get to have visits.

Visiting is going to http://visitorreservations.cdcr.ca.g...)/default.aspx and making appointments and thet go up Sunday/Monday at Midnight the week BEFORE u want to visit. Hope this helps, if u need any more help just Private Message me
The Following User Says Thank You to SwtCaliGal For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2012, 09:39 AM

Quote:
If you go to the CDCR's website you will see a link to their "Blueprint for the Future." You can look at each prison individually and see what the proposed plans are for each.

Folsom shows all Level 2. There is the possibility that the method of determining security and housing levels will change to take into consideration reccomendations that have been made for years. We shall see.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to casd619 For This Useful Post:
tglsmom (06-19-2012)
Old 07-05-2012, 08:04 PM

So moving for level 3's is now starting. Mines is getting moved
The Following User Says Thank You to Ollinandatl For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2012, 11:42 AM
*Forever Faithful*

<3 One year with my Mr. today.. wish we could celebrate togeather. im so happy to find my match. some people should be so lucky. Love you Michael <3<3<3

The Following User Says Thank You to Shelbyrae For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2012, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollinandatl View Post
So moving for level 3's is now starting. Mines is getting moved

Mine to girl, always say in touch with me, hoping it gets easier for u and him. God Bless and Lots of Luck.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwtCaliGal

Mine to girl, always say in touch with me, hoping it gets easier for u and him. God Bless and Lots of Luck.
Thank u girlie. Of course even though all our paths are leading down different roads hopefully we will all end up at the end of a happy trail. God does everything with a purpose and is only him who can get us through these hard time. And yes there safety is the most important thing? Do u kno where they moving him to yet?
Old 07-13-2012, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Thank u girlie. Of course even though all our paths are leading down different roads hopefully we will all end up at the end of a happy trail. God does everything with a purpose and is only him who can get us through these hard time. And yes there safety is the most important thing? Do u kno where they moving him to yet?

Hey girl, God works in our lives where sometimes we dont understand but he know its for the best and he wont put on us more that we cant handle.

As for where he might be moving, I got a letter a few days ago and he said San Luis Obispo, gosh I hope not, still kinda far from me. But we dont know yet.

Ill keep u posted...Btw, Im gonna be out there for maybe 10days and if u wanna meet for lunch or a dinner to hang out, Im here for ya cause we are all in the same boat hun. We can vent, cry, talk about anything u like. Just let me know. Text me.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:59 PM

So far my man still here in Folsom. Has anyone heard of anyone getting moved yet due to the change of levels?
Old 08-11-2012, 07:32 PM

Hello everyone, new here...
Old 08-11-2012, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3forUtoo
Hello. Welcome to old Folsom!
Old 08-13-2012, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3forUtoo View Post
yay!!! someone else...welcome!!
Old 08-13-2012, 01:49 AM

So, my husband has been at FSP for about 4 months...he's been moved a few times while he's been there and i finally got a phone call this week! I asked him how it was there and he didn't sound like it was alright. i worry since this is not his first time in, maybe it was because it was our first phone call ( i'm hoping ) that he sounded so sad...he's never really been bothered by the surroundings before. all I know is that i'm feeling a little anxious...hoping it isn't too rough in there. He always seems to come home a little worse for wear each time, and I just hope he'll be able to adjust after this stint. Any ladies here have men who are feeling a little psychological strain behind the wall??? I just don't have a feel for this prison yet so i'm a little nervous.
Old 08-13-2012, 08:41 AM

My men and brother are both here. They have been in Corcoran, Delano, Soledad, calipatria and ironwood. They seem to like Folsom the best
Old 08-14-2012, 01:58 AM

Quote:
My men and brother are both here. They have been in Corcoran, Delano, Soledad, calipatria and ironwood. They seem to like Folsom the best
the last 2 times he was in he did time at lancaster...but the last time he did any real length he was at ccc susanville...totally different surroundings. I believe it was dorms...plus he's not a young man anymore...hope it's alright in there for him...I hate having to worry at all...i have enough to worry about here at home. Thanks for the info though...i feel a little better.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:20 PM

Welcome, ravenswytch - This is the only prison my son has been at so far, but considering some of the stories he's heard of other prisons, he considers himself lucky. Things are, for the most part, pretty mellow there. It is also cell living. Maybe that's why your husband doesn't like it after living in a dorm? I would imagine that would take a little getting used to. The prison itself is in a nice area - lots of trees, deer in the hills, etc. - but of course the inmates don't get access to any of that. Folsom is a great town for hotels, restaurants, and shopping. I hope your husband will adjust soon!
Old 08-16-2012, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Welcome, ravenswytch - This is the only prison my son has been at so far, but considering some of the stories he's heard of other prisons, he considers himself lucky. Things are, for the most part, pretty mellow there. It is also cell living. Maybe that's why your husband doesn't like it after living in a dorm? I would imagine that would take a little getting used to. The prison itself is in a nice area - lots of trees, deer in the hills, etc. - but of course the inmates don't get access to any of that. Folsom is a great town for hotels, restaurants, and shopping. I hope your husband will adjust soon!
I'm sure he will...I just hate hearing him so distant...knowing someone is going through it and not being able to help kinda stinks! but time will go by quickly and he's short time anyways...2014. thanks for the information though...any helps ease my mind.
Closed Thread