Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Member Introductions & Lone Star Lounge
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Member Introductions & Lone Star Lounge Please post your introduction here if you are involved with the Texas prison & criminal justice system, and join in non-prison related conversations with other people from your state.

Old 04-13-2010, 09:16 PM

Default Hi from Lubbock

Hi,
Like a bunch of people this is a totally new experience for me. My son is still going through the orientation process at Sayle SAFPF. I was just curious if someone knows the current do's and don'ts there and which vendors are approved for things such as books. From old posts that I found on the internet I gather that Barns & Noble is ok and I was told that one cannot send cards with music and glitter. I was also told in an initial conversation with someone at Sayle that jpay was a good place to get money, phone cards and email. Any opinions on any of that?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2010, 05:27 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 5,593 Times in 2,182 Posts

Welcome to the TX forum, PTO and the PTO family! Yes Barnes and Noble is a great place to get books for your son. Jpay can be very resourceful as you can use it to send money *way cheaper than western union* and also if his unit has the option yet you will be able to send him emails *for 44cents*.

Also if your son can get phone calls you can sign up for it here at the Offender Phone System if you scroll down this same page you will see e messaging which will lead you to the jpay page
Old 04-14-2010, 01:53 PM

Thanked 2,148 Times in 1,014 Posts

Hi mearl and welcome to PTO. Im sorry you are having to go thru this, but you have found the right place for support and help. Jpay is the easiest way to send money and to send email messages that he will receive either the same day or within a day, two at the most. I sit down and have my time with my son, by writing him on jpay, every night when the house is quiet and everyone else is in bed. Its kind of my therapy. I send most of the books through Amazon, its just my personal preference. I send occasional writing supplies through Rosies Graphics. Feel free to ask any questions you have and someone should be able to help. Hang in there!