Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > AROUND THE WORLD > European Prison & Criminal Justice Topics
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

European Prison & Criminal Justice Topics Prison, Jail and Criminal Justice discussions in relation to European countries.

Old 09-24-2010, 11:48 AM
Mama Tried....
Donation Award 

Exclamation German inmate kills lover during conjugal.

(Newser) – German prison authorities are being slammed after a convicted rapist and murderer killed his lover during an unsupervised 6-hour conjugal visit. Two knives and a monkey wrench were found next to the woman's corpse when guards opened the "love cell" after the couple's time was up, Der Speigel reports.

The inmate, who had been in jail since 1991 for raping and killing a 9-year-old girl, slashed his wrists but survived after emergency surgery. Prison authorities say they allowed him to have unsupervised visits with the woman, who fell in love with the inmate after writing to him in jail, because they wanted the relationship to have a chance after his release next year. "We definitely didn't think he was capable of that," said the prison director.

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." ~ Will Rogers

Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2010, 11:53 AM

OH WOW!! This is horrible!! There was just a thread earlier about, "should all inmates get conjugal visits?" - I guess this is the answer to that question!
Old 09-24-2010, 11:57 AM
Mama Tried....
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bocas_Girl View Post
OH WOW!! This is horrible!! There was just a thread earlier about, "should all inmates get conjugal visits?" - I guess this is the answer to that question!
I know, I was torn where to post it.

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." ~ Will Rogers

Old 09-24-2010, 12:27 PM
Left my heart in Negril

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,233 Posts

They didn't think he was capable of that? Ummm, ok.
"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
- Marilyn Monroe
The Following User Says Thank You to LittleWing13 For This Useful Post:
BlueEyedEllie (09-24-2010)
Old 09-24-2010, 12:29 PM

Wow scary... then again I think conjugal visits are only for certain couples.. I definitely think we should get them but there should also be criteria considering relationship and crimes.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LILMOMMIKC For This Useful Post:
2nice (11-13-2014), hischubchub (05-12-2011), Jinty62 (05-12-2011), Kyliie (05-05-2018), LOVINGBREED (10-04-2011)
Old 09-24-2010, 12:55 PM
Formerly GinaH

Thanked 4,845 Times in 1,825 Posts

Wow that's horrible!

"Sometimes you have to be apart from people you love, but that doesn't make you love them any less. Sometimes you love them more."
— Nicholas Sparks

Est. October 2006
Old 09-24-2010, 12:59 PM
Banned

Thanked 2,119 Times in 1,147 Posts

Well thats the worst that can and does happen!!!
Old 09-24-2010, 01:04 PM
i am his and he is mine

Whoa is what i said reading this. That is unbelievable. That he to show them a no worry zone to get a 6 hour conjucal visit so why would they even have a clue that he would do that. That is horrible. And them him trying to kill himself the guilt he must feel. And that poor lady thinking she found love and just oh lord the horror.

Old 09-24-2010, 01:10 PM
Banned

Thanked 20,075 Times in 7,413 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleWing13 View Post
They didn't think he was capable of that? Ummm, ok.
and how did he get a monkey wrench etc without it being found on his person before the visit???And last but not least,i know i wouldn't be up for a 6 hour unsupervised visit with a child killer/rapist.
Old 09-24-2010, 01:13 PM
Name change :)

Holy. Cow.

When God made you, he must have been thinking about me.

Never let your prayin' knees get lazy... and love like crazy.

Old 09-24-2010, 01:17 PM

Thanked 1,077 Times in 454 Posts

oh no, how could they possibly know he was capable of something like that??!!!!! as sorry as i feel for the victim and her family, we as woman are too forgiving and try too hard to see the good side of people and if you ask me, theres a line !!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ricksbabe For This Useful Post:
BlueEyedEllie (09-24-2010), hischubchub (05-12-2011), Jinty62 (05-12-2011), LittleWing13 (10-04-2010), Ramira34 (05-12-2011)
Old 09-24-2010, 01:17 PM
Mama Tried....
Donation Award 

Default More of the story

Klaus-Dieter H., 50, who had been in jail for 19 years for raping and beating to death a nine-year-old girl, had been regularly allowed to have unsupervised meetings in jail with a 46-year-old single mother he had got to know five years ago. She had written him letters in the jail in Remscheid, in the state of North Rhine-Westphalia, and they had fallen in love.

Soon after they met, they applied for permission to have conjugal visits in what prisoners called the "love cell," and received permission. "The two wanted to stay together after his release, that's why we allowed the visits without supervision -- so that the relationship would have a chance," prison director Katja Grafweg told a news conference.
The woman visited Klaus-Dieter H. shortly after 9 a.m. on Sunday morning. As usual, they were permitted to spend six hours together without supervision. When prison guards unlocked the cell after the time was up, a horrific scene awaited them: The woman was lying dead on the floor, half-naked, with a fractured skull, four stab wounds in the chest and strangulation marks on her neck.
'We Didn't Think He Was Capable of That'
Klaus-Dieter H. was lying on the sofa with slashed wrists, but was taken to hospital and survived after undergoing emergency surgery. "We definitely didn't think he was capable of that," said Grafweg.
A broken steak knife, a fillet knife and a nut wrench were found by the woman's side. Prisoners' visitors are allowed to bring bags into the "love cell." Those bags are not routinely checked, police said.
Klaus-Dieter H. had been up for a parole hearing to determine whether he should be released next year. Bild newspaper reported that the woman had told him during their meeting that she was splitting up with him.
This is the third incidence of apparent security problems at a prison in North Rhine-Westphalia in recent years, and the state's justice minister, Roswitha Müller-Piepenkötter, is facing opposition calls to resign. Last November, two criminals escaped from a prison in the western city of Aachenwith relative ease, sparking a nationwide debate about security standards in jail.
Four years before, three prisoners in a jail in Siegburg, near Bonn, tortured and killed a fellow inmate.

Old 09-24-2010, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinaG View Post
Klaus-Dieter H., 50, who had been in jail for 19 years for raping and beating to death a nine-year-old girl, had been regularly allowed to have unsupervised meetings in jail with a 46-year-old single mother he had got to know five years ago. She had written him letters in the jail in Remscheid, in the state of North Rhine-Westphalia, and they had fallen in love.

Soon after they met, they applied for permission to have conjugal visits in what prisoners called the "love cell," and received permission. "The two wanted to stay together after his release, that's why we allowed the visits without supervision -- so that the relationship would have a chance," prison director Katja Grafweg told a news conference.
The woman visited Klaus-Dieter H. shortly after 9 a.m. on Sunday morning. As usual, they were permitted to spend six hours together without supervision. When prison guards unlocked the cell after the time was up, a horrific scene awaited them: The woman was lying dead on the floor, half-naked, with a fractured skull, four stab wounds in the chest and strangulation marks on her neck.
'We Didn't Think He Was Capable of That'
Klaus-Dieter H. was lying on the sofa with slashed wrists, but was taken to hospital and survived after undergoing emergency surgery. "We definitely didn't think he was capable of that," said Grafweg.
A broken steak knife, a fillet knife and a nut wrench were found by the woman's side. Prisoners' visitors are allowed to bring bags into the "love cell." Those bags are not routinely checked, police said.
Klaus-Dieter H. had been up for a parole hearing to determine whether he should be released next year. Bild newspaper reported that the woman had told him during their meeting that she was splitting up with him.
This is the third incidence of apparent security problems at a prison in North Rhine-Westphalia in recent years, and the state's justice minister, Roswitha Müller-Piepenkötter, is facing opposition calls to resign. Last November, two criminals escaped from a prison in the western city of Aachenwith relative ease, sparking a nationwide debate about security standards in jail.
Four years before, three prisoners in a jail in Siegburg, near Bonn, tortured and killed a fellow inmate.
unfortunaltey it took two lives for the world to be safe from him. im glad he wont be makign parole and killing or raping god knows how many others.
The Following User Says Thank You to ricksbabe For This Useful Post:
BlueEyedEllie (09-24-2010)
Old 09-24-2010, 01:28 PM

man,,, something doesnt sound right...

...Eric's Baby...
Old 09-24-2010, 02:11 PM
Time to work on me.

whatever. he killed and hurt that little girl so of course he was capable of doing it again. people are sick......
Old 09-24-2010, 02:24 PM
♥xoxo's♥

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcsbeth View Post
and how did he get a monkey wrench etc without it being found on his person before the visit???And last but not least,i know i wouldn't be up for a 6 hour unsupervised visit with a child killer/rapist.
my question exactly!!! don't they usually check that type of thing? Where in the world would he get that type of stuff? Baaah!! scary!
Old 09-24-2010, 02:30 PM
His future Mrs

This is some gut-wretching news

Did this poor woman not know that he was a child killer/rapist? How did that jail get away with all that unsupervised crap and not checking his bag and all that.. the system is so backwards..

Old 09-24-2010, 02:32 PM
Still I Rise ~M. Angelou

Thanked 1,670 Times in 763 Posts

A man who would rape and kill a 9 yr old girl is capable of anything! I can't believe he found a woman willing to be in a relationship with him!
The Following User Says Thank You to vera31 For This Useful Post:
LoveBuggy (09-24-2010)
Old 09-24-2010, 04:18 PM
Formerly GinaH

Thanked 4,845 Times in 1,825 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vera31 View Post
A man who would rape and kill a 9 yr old girl is capable of anything! I can't believe he found a woman willing to be in a relationship with him!
A single mother no less!

"Sometimes you have to be apart from people you love, but that doesn't make you love them any less. Sometimes you love them more."
— Nicholas Sparks

Est. October 2006
Old 09-24-2010, 05:22 PM

Quote:
you would be surprised, but im over being surprised !
Old 09-24-2010, 06:10 PM
Down For Life

Here we go thru extensive search of our bags. Ion scanner plus they rummage thru it. People hoop dope for the visits for some inmates which is where the drugs come in but you couldn't just throw it in a bag and it get thru. It'd never happen.
Old 09-24-2010, 06:21 PM

Quote:
That is what I was going to say...how could a man who raped and beat a CHILD to death not be thought of to hurt an adult...
Old 09-24-2010, 07:03 PM

wow!!! They need to evaluate these men before allowing any kind of privileges, im all for conyugals but this is sick....and ladies that meet their men in prison should read between the lines....
The Following User Says Thank You to Rocsilove For This Useful Post:
LittleWing13 (10-04-2010)
Old 09-25-2010, 04:10 PM

Different countries have different laws and also different sentencing here this man would have been put on Death Row where he to be convicted of this crime and never would he have been able to even have anything like this type of visit let alone a chance of being released. As for women finding and falling in love with this type of prisoner it is not hard to believe as we also have a section for S/O's that have women that stand by them.. that the man was locked up for almost 20 years and in some countries where 25 years is a life sentence it is not unexpected..

Only we here in the USA figure 25 years is nothing and think to give a person that robbed a store 30 years where no one was even hurt... ok..

This story really does not surprise me at all, it said that she wanted to leave him... if you have been inside for more then 19 years and have nothing out here and no one the last thing you want is to have the woman that you love leave you... I believe if my husband was in the same place and I left him after all this time he would not want to go on either, I'm not saying that he would kill me but he would most likely do something to make the DOC keep him locked up for life and he would just lay down and die after a time...

I am not saying that I would ever condone anything like what this man did but I am saying that I do understand it... I do think he should have done a better job on taking himself out thought, (he was sloppy), and left the woman alone!

It's sad and my heart goes out to this woman's children that are left to carry on without her... I also think this woman should have had her head examined for even thinking about having anything to do with this man in the first place... but then again that is MHO

Always and Forever
Deborah & George

My George is Home
March 1, 2012

Last edited by or-mtwt; 09-25-2010 at 04:15 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to or-mtwt For This Useful Post:
Jinty62 (05-12-2011)
Old 09-25-2010, 04:50 PM
From Beginning to End

WOW...prayers for her family