Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > BREAK TIME > Artistic Corner and Body Art
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Artistic Corner and Body Art Post all Body Art and Artistic + Photographic works in this forum

View Poll Results: Has your man gotten any tattoos while inside?
1 194 11.98%
2 144 8.89%
3 111 6.85%
4 or more 837 51.67%
none 334 20.62%
Voters: 1620. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-27-2009, 07:46 PM

My Boyfriend hasent gotten any while his been inside and has told me not interested in getting any thank God but outside he has gotten 3 his mom pic on his shoulder his son name on his wrist and a celtic sun on his leg, I have 3 also and planning on getting 2 more.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2009, 07:52 PM

my man has my face
Old 07-28-2009, 08:15 AM

My husband... covered his front back, calves and arms since he has been in.. The first three yrs thats all he did.. but the artwork is actually great.. It compares to the tattoo parlor that I go to.. He was going to get my name since I got his right above the hoo-ha lol but I think he will wait till he gets out now.

And I have 6.. .Ill prolly have at least three more before he gets out.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:49 PM
My baby is home !!

Thanked 1,156 Times in 993 Posts

He's hasn't gotten any tats while in, thank god. He didn't have any before going to prison.....

He's Home as of 7/17/2010
Old 07-28-2009, 02:31 PM
Donation Award 

Hi, I'm new here and new to prison life. How do your guys get tatoos while inside? Do they have tattoo artists who can set up shop? Are tats allowed or done on the sly? What is the general process.... just wondering.

Julie
Old 07-28-2009, 02:44 PM
So in Love with Rick

Cool

Rick has 6: a cross on right arm, barbed wire armband on left arm and Rick on left forearm, RIP and tombstone on upper left shoulder, OUTLAW across his stomach and the newest one which he has gotten this time in is 2 large hearts on each chest with his name in one and mine on the other with metal chains attaching the 2 and them bolted to his chest. We have been talking lately about him getting a large "time piece" with a prison on his back, guard tower and barbed wire fence and all I'm not really feeling that one but I'm not the type to try to talk him out of anything but I don't like looking at the guard tower and barbed wire fence when I go to visit and I don't want to look at it for the rest of my life. But he says that he usually gets one for every year that he is locked up and when he gets this one he won't need to get anymore for the rest of the time that he will be there (6 years, 5 months and 19 days and counting) because it will be that big and detailed.
I also have tattoos, 3: an ankh on my outside right ankle, his name on the back of my neck and on left breast 4 hearts in shape of a cross.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:51 PM

Arent you all worried about the risks that your man is taking with getting a tattoo while incarcerated? We dont give them clean needles which mean s they could be using staples or other unsanitary sharp things to do tattooing with and they could contract diseases like hep. C which there is no cure for. It could get infected and they could get really sick.
The Following User Says Thank You to Yin6Yang9 For This Useful Post:
need2talk (08-09-2009)
Old 07-28-2009, 10:10 PM

My husband loves tatts and has many..All from the outside..I asked him not to get any while he is away and he promised not to....It is not worth the risk for us..
Old 09-06-2009, 06:24 PM

Yeah my man has some, He has alot, Im not sure which ones he got in prison and which ones were done by people outside of prison, Because he's been in a out of prison for awhile, ANYWAYS hes getting his arms finished, and my name on his neck sometime within the next few months hes in there

Old 09-06-2009, 08:36 PM

Yes my baby has numerous tattoos and he recently got my name on his wrist
Old 09-07-2009, 01:54 PM
hez my beta half

Default how do i make time for my husband thats locked up and my best friend

hi i have a ? maybe some one can help me my husband been locked up for 2yrs and i go to see him every other weekend hes now doin his 6yrs bid at a correctional facility in upstate ny,and i try to make eonugh time for him now my bestfriend thinks i put him 1st before her and thats not true i try to make alot of time for the both of them.now the thing wit her she works all the time so we really dont have time 2gether.so when i try to hung out wit her i call her and im like hey you wanna go shoppin etc she like o i don't wanna hang out with you go with your man and this is a on goin thing what should i do? i mean some times i do,do more for him but thats cause of weres hes at and my best friend always judge me when it comes to him she calls me a loser etc cause im dealing with some one in the system PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Old 09-07-2009, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatalacubana View Post
i was wondering if yOur man has gottten any tattoos? my man has gotten 3 so far.. they call him snoop so he got a snoopy on his back.. he got his mom's name on his chest.. and my name "julissa" on his neck... im not to ok with it cuz they all look so ghettto.. but i lo ve the one with my name lOl..
I think them having tattoos are nice but they just have to watch their backs becuz they can catch a case on that really fast!! But it ok my dude has his grandma name on his neck it's look ghetto but it's out love!!
Old 09-07-2009, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladymurda View Post
hi i have a ? maybe some one can help me my husband been locked up for 2yrs and i go to see him every other weekend hes now doin his 6yrs bid at a correctional facility in upstate ny,and i try to make eonugh time for him now my bestfriend thinks i put him 1st before her and thats not true i try to make alot of time for the both of them.now the thing wit her she works all the time so we really dont have time 2gether.so when i try to hung out wit her i call her and im like hey you wanna go shoppin etc she like o i don't wanna hang out with you go with your man and this is a on goin thing what should i do? i mean some times i do,do more for him but thats cause of weres hes at and my best friend always judge me when it comes to him she calls me a loser etc cause im dealing with some one in the system PLEASE HELP ME!!!
I tell u something right now your husband only has u right now and if ur homegirl nt down with she nt ur homegirl!!!
Old 09-10-2009, 01:30 PM
I'm like the ring leader.

Yeah he has a few. His chest is almost done. How do they do tattoos in prison, though? I know my boy has given some as well as gotten a few and he's a good artist but they don't have access to real ink and a tattoo gun...lol
Old 09-10-2009, 02:02 PM

My man has gotten 1 our son's name on his arm to cover an old tat and it looks great.

For few love can last a lifetime, but for many not knowing when to let go can hold them back forever.
--Anonymous

Old 09-11-2009, 03:02 AM
Mrs L.A.

yeah he got my name on his left arm, my name on the left side of his neck, and a couple of other ones. some im not very happy about cuz they're related to his past. and we both agreed he was droppin his past so we can start our future ya know. but hes my husband i love him no matter what. but im still a little perturbed about it.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:03 AM

he has one, didnt get it while he was in prison. he is a clean freak and he isnt all about catching something while he is in there so he refuses to mess with them locked up. the guy that did his one he has now is actually locked up with him, and they get out around the same time and he is going to get another ones he says from this guy but dont know of what.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:30 PM
Donation Award 

I have seen some crazy tattoos come out of prison. The funnest was matching tattoos between a guy and a female prison guard. It happened!

Disclaimer: LettersToPrison.com is not affiliated with Prisontalk.com. Permission was granted by Lysbeth to place commericial link in signature.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:16 AM

My husband has lost his mind...he has been in the pen since Jan'09 and he has 9 tat's already plus he already had 1 prior to going in. Not to mention he's talking about getting more but I can't be mad cause I have 10 but I am done....lol I think

May 15th 2004 I married my best friend! October 2008 God took him away and put him up to save him cause he was on a road to destruction.....but God is gonna give him back in Nov'2013!!!!!!!! God if u hear me can we make that date sooner if it is in ur will? Thanks
Old 09-29-2009, 11:40 PM

Smile

my man has his daughters name his moms name my name and a portrait of me...crazy cuz he got them all in jail..he just told me this about a month ago. that he had got them 2 years ago.. his sentenced is of 5 years but soon to be home in no time... im thinking of getting his nick name on me..
Old 09-30-2009, 08:53 AM
hez my beta half

i just went 2 see my husband las weekend and he got 2 new tats from being in there its really nice but i asked him are u sure them needles were clean he says he just bought a pack of his own fresh out da store so at least im happy it wass his needles he bought..but he said when he comes home hes goin 2 have alot of tats this is fifth one since hes been locked up..but his looks really nice it looks like he gotton it done on da outside..he said hes not goin 2 get his face or anything done but i did tell him 2 get a tear drop and hes like he will get that..i jus hope he takes care them..when he wass locked up b4 he had gotton 3 done in there so hes not new 2 da tatin thing

Old 09-30-2009, 09:04 AM

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatalacubana View Post
i was wondering if yOur man has gottten any tattoos? my man has gotten 3 so far.. they call him snoop so he got a snoopy on his back.. he got his mom's name on his chest.. and my name "julissa" on his neck... im not to ok with it cuz they all look so ghettto.. but i lo ve the one with my name lOl..

My man got just one. I was so pissed off because we talked about it before he turned himself in and he wasn't going to get any while he is there. Now he is in the hospital (almost a week now) with a staff infection!
Old 11-09-2009, 04:08 PM

"ohhh my" something else to worry about!! hmmmm? well mine already has A LOT of tatts hopefully he wont want anymore? now im gonna have to ask if he plans on getting anymore...
Old 11-09-2009, 09:26 PM

Thanked 1,482 Times in 752 Posts

Well you know how it is - it's a REAL PRISON tattoo!! Kind of like boy scout badges, you gotta go there and do it to get one.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:17 PM
Banned

Thanked 4,309 Times in 1,765 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ____LadyB View Post
My fiance has received quite a few tattoos since he has been in prison... I think he's up to 8 now, and has only served half of his prison term. So I just know that he will be getting more. ( I mean he has five years left, might as well get them while their cheap!!! ) But AIDS often crosses my mind when I think about him getting another tattoo. Its kind of a big fear for me that he comes home to me, and the first night were together he gives me the virus.
I would be worried about a number of other things besides HIV. Hep C comes to mind, along with any number of staph infections from dirty needles, or an allergic reaction to the prison ink.

HIV is a possibility only if there is blood to blood transfer with a tattoo. Unless the person giving the tattoo is infected and sticks himself first, your husband wouldn't even be exposed to the virus. The only other way to really expose yourself to HIV is unprotected sex.

I didn't notice what state you are in, but TX checks them before setting them loose. If you're worried about it, and I would be, I would ask him to go and get tested before you have unprotected sex with him. And not just for HIV, but for all the STD's.

Among other things, men carry chlamydia, usually asymptomatic. And women don't always exhibit any symptoms, and don't usually find out they have it until they have difficulty becoming pregnant. Then of course, there's the host of other things besides HIV - herpes, HPV, etc etc etc.