Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Adult Children and Siblings of Inmates
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Adult Children and Siblings of Inmates For Adult Children, brothers and sisters of prisoners

Old 07-22-2010, 02:54 PM

Hello all,
My big brother is in San Quentin. Anyway it's nice theres a forum for siblings, everytime I look at a forum I see "My man" LOL! I'm like what about the siblings?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2010, 01:31 AM
SoSazWifey

Hello I am new to this.. My lil Bro was 18 when he got sent to Prison for something he did not do...He got 5 years...He has been down since 2008 and will get out Dec 2 2012 Hes the Baby of the family and My Mothers Mamas lil Boy We live in Cali and they have already sent him to San Quentin, then he was in a Prison in Arizona for a while and now he's in North Fork in Oklahoma Its really done alot to the family knowing we cant be there for Him and since so Far we barely hear from him.... Counting down tho cant wait to have him out here again....
Old 08-08-2010, 06:02 PM
made from his rib

Cool getting us closer...

wow, i know some of you have seen my posts around here directed towards my fiance but i failed to mention that my brother has been in and out of juvenile since he was 13 was transferred to a prison when he turned 18 (2 yrs ago). now he is coming up for parole in november! i feel kind of ashamed to not have mentioned him but it was because my father kept us as far away from each other as possible. we both were hard headed and bad! we actually picked fights for a hobby! we have alot of things in common even though we didnt grow up together the only difference is my mother finally put her foot down and told me to get my shit together while his mother basically gave up. Now that he has been in jail, we have gotten closer. he wasn't too fond of me marrying my fiance because of how long he has. he thought it was very selfish of him to ask me to marry him knowing that he has 20yrs but now he has lightened up on the thought! he's great, we talk about everything and hopefully he gets parole so we can spend more time together!!!
Old 08-10-2010, 04:56 PM

Hi everyone, my brother was ridiculously sentenced to 20 years in January of 2008. He is at NWFRC in Florida.
Old 08-27-2010, 10:33 AM

Exclamation

Hello all! I am new to this site and I am so glad that I stumbled onto it. I have a little brother who is at Pitchess Detention Center (NCCF) in Castaic, CA. He has been there for almost two months now, and I try my very best to visit him. He is the baby of three kids, and we always make sure that he gets all the love in the world. Unfortunately, the reason why he was incarcerated: drunken night at a bar and got into a brawl. I think it was ridiculous and I don't believe he should be locked up. None the less, he is locked up and I hope that all the crap he has had to endure is over with real soon. Our family hopes to see his release soon, and that he will be home safe and sound. It is so nerve wrecking with him there and hearing all the news about the riots, lockdowns, and new weapons the guards will be using.

I hope to find support on this page.

By chance, anybody know the RIGHT address to send letters. I hear that it may be quicker for them to get letters when we send the letters to the Old Road address rather than the terminal annex one. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:04 PM

I joined awhile ago, but things have been busy and I haven't had the time to make a proper introduction. My little sister is currently incarcerated in Tennessee for a very long time. So far I'm the only one looking after her from afar while she grows up in the prison system. My biggest fear is that the woman she will be when she comes out will be a result of incarceration, and institution. A far cry from the girl she is now.
Old 09-12-2010, 01:25 PM

hello im also new here to pto, i have a brother went in at 18 first time arrested. it was 1 year prior to his arrest that i had'nt seen him so now it is around 27 years since i've seen him in real life. ive had seven children and we lost our mom 9 years age the day before twin towers attack i have a total of 3 brothers and I was the only one at funeral. I had to tell my brother she was dying ohhhh how i wish i could see him sooner than im going to be able to but after becoming a ex-felon myself and being good i can see him and will see him hopefully around the start of the year thanks to god unbelievable grace
Old 12-07-2010, 02:00 AM

I just joined, my name is Cristal. My brother got arrested August 31st, 2010 for attempted robbery. He's currently in jail due to his bail being set at $90,000. He's suppose to go to trial since he has not taken a plea. The attorney who was appointed to him told him not to, since it wasn't a good deal. So we are now waiting to see when his trail date is. Me and my family write to him at least and talk to him about 3-4 times a week. It's tough not seeing him visit like he would. He has 4 kids who miss him very much. We were told to write a letter to the judge, but I don't know where to start, any ideas? Thank you all
Old 12-12-2010, 07:21 AM
Heart broken sister

Hello, my name is Holly and my 54 year old brother has just started his 4 year sentence and its breaking my heart. Not a day goes by without me thinking about him, crying, looking at the answering machine to see if he called, or writing. I miss him a lot!

I use to complain because he would call me a zillion times a day and now nothing. I know he cant call but I look anyway. He was incarcerated because he "went off" when finding his girlfriend in bed with someone else. The police found him holding her by the throat and when they tried to arrest him he fought back. Its amazing to me how he did all that because he has only one arm.

He is now at Fulton Reception & Diagnostic Center in Missouri which is about 50/60 miles from me. I planned on going to see him on the one day a month that I can but just got a letter from him telling me not to come. He said for me to wait until he went to the prison they are sending him to to save money. I dont care, I want to see him. I cant take calls because its 20 min for $10.00 and I cant afford it. I know he would call daily.

He tells me he wont serve the complete 4 years and from being a correctional officer (at a womens prison in VA) I know that but it still hurts. He plead guilty because they offered him a plea deal...in MO he could have gotten 7 years.

As I said, I use to be a correctional officer so I know what goes on in prison. But he is a level 2 so wont go to a max security prison even though he wants to come to the one thats close to me (its a level 3).

Im sorry I just keep typing ... guess I just am happy I found someone to talk to that understands.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:54 AM

Cool

i am new to this my brother is in franklin in nys and is servin a 3-7 and im thankful to this site couse there not many people out there to talk bout my situtation becasue when people find out what he did they look at like you did it too... and then i juss stoped talking bout it well bye for now...
Old 01-19-2011, 10:27 AM

Welcome, I'm new here also. I joined yesterday, my brother recently was sentenced with 3 yrs. He was given time for the holidays, like they were doing him a favor.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:31 AM

My brother was incarcerated 4 weeks ago. This is a nightmare for our family. We are good Christian people and know nothing about "the system". However, we are learning fast. I found this forum while doing some research and am hoping it will provide us with answers as well as support. I might also add that my brother is not-guilty of the crime he is accused of. My faith in the system is lost. As I glimpse over this website I am seeing that we are not alone in this.
Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to statay8 For This Useful Post:
Brianssong (02-01-2011)
Old 01-23-2011, 12:36 PM

Can anyone tell me about their experiences with Butner Medical? My brother just arrived there, and I'll be traveling to see him soon. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:06 PM
never back down :)

My little brother was just sentenced (1.20.2011) to 10years in a federal prison, He was arrested 11.17.2009. Was so not expecting 10 years...still in shock. Glad to have PTO most of my friends & family have no ties to the 'system'
Old 01-29-2011, 01:10 PM

I am so glad to have found PTO. My brother just went in for a 7yr with 85%. We are so close and this is killing me. He just got transferrred to SSCF and I hope he is doing alright. I looked him up on NJDOC and saw a picture of him. I could see in his eyes that he is stressed out but remaining strong. I don't know how I am going to get through this but thank you for having the forum to help families get through this process. I really don't like sharing my family business with people who are not going through it, they just don't understand. I am looking forward to chatting with other that can help me out and I do the same for someone else. Thanks.

Old 02-01-2011, 09:41 PM
Donation Award 

i remember the first time i saw brian on the doc webpage, i thought he looked so sad, his eyes.... you'll find LOTS of support here, I'm sorry he got such a long sentence. lots of people here are in the same situation, welcome to pto.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:46 PM

Hi my name is Jazz. My brother went to prison on 2.28.11. It is so hard to go on day to day with out knowing if I will hear his voice. Can someone let me know how and what they do to get through.
Old 03-06-2011, 07:59 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 6,543 Times in 3,575 Posts

Welcome to PTO!

"To thine own self be true" - William Shakespeare

He's home!!!!
Old 07-23-2011, 06:40 PM
Banned

Hello not only is my fiance incarcerated but my baby brother is also doing the last 5 years of his 9 year sentence as a California out of state transfer to Oklahoma, I had been going through alot personally and I guess I have been neglecting my brother and I feel so bad, he is all I have left of my deceased father and my siblings on my maternal side and I are NOT close, he called me the other the day and he and two other guys got in a fight and he broke his hand, I felt so badly... he asked me why I hadnt wrote back ( he was more concerned with that then what he was going through ) my dads side of the family writes him but he looks forward to my letters the most because he says i always got something crazy and cool to say I hate having the two of the three men that are alive that I love the most locked up
Old 07-27-2011, 12:57 PM

HI my name is carolann and I have a cousin in the los colinas detention facility and she is their for 75 days and its hard for me since I have to take over all the bills and the house. I was told to come here by one of the ladies who has been so helpful to me in here said I can get support here. I am glad to be here. I need to know can she get out earlier. I keep hearing about serving one third she is in half the time. I have been their and can only talk to her on the phone thru a window. thanks again
carolann
Old 07-28-2011, 08:18 PM
Donation Award 

Hi Carolann,

For specific questions about the facility or early release for your cousin is in you'll want to check the state forum for California and there might be someone to help you. The people in this sibling forum are from all over, not just CA. I'm sorry to hear about your cousin. This place is a good one for finding emotional support. I'm glad you found us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbaby2330 View Post
HI my name is carolann and I have a cousin in the los colinas detention facility and she is their for 75 days and its hard for me since I have to take over all the bills and the house. I was told to come here by one of the ladies who has been so helpful to me in here said I can get support here. I am glad to be here. I need to know can she get out earlier. I keep hearing about serving one third she is in half the time. I have been their and can only talk to her on the phone thru a window. thanks again
carolann

Old 07-28-2011, 08:21 PM
Donation Award 

Hi Patricks Wifey - that must be really difficult to have two of your most loved ones in prison. I'm sorry to hear that. They are blessed to have you in their lives. Does your brother's prison use jpay? It lets your write letters online (33 cents per letter) and then they get a print out and a blank sheet to write back. Since I found out about that it made it easier for me to keep up with writing to my brother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricks_Wifey View Post
Hello not only is my fiance incarcerated but my baby brother is also doing the last 5 years of his 9 year sentence as a California out of state transfer to Oklahoma, I had been going through alot personally and I guess I have been neglecting my brother and I feel so bad, he is all I have left of my deceased father and my siblings on my maternal side and I are NOT close, he called me the other the day and he and two other guys got in a fight and he broke his hand, I felt so badly... he asked me why I hadnt wrote back ( he was more concerned with that then what he was going through ) my dads side of the family writes him but he looks forward to my letters the most because he says i always got something crazy and cool to say I hate having the two of the three men that are alive that I love the most locked up

Old 08-26-2011, 10:12 AM

Default 2liltime from Alabama...new here...

Hi, I'm new here. My brother was sentenced to 8 years and started serving his time in the middle of July. We heard from his when he was transferred to Kilby. Now he has been transferred to Ventress and we haven't heard anything from him. We tried to send him letters while he was in Kilby but they were returned to us. Same with Ventress. And he hasn't wrote. We are going crazy just waiting to hear from him.
Old 09-08-2011, 04:33 PM

Hello My name is Kimberly and I have a 40 year old brother named John In the Leaks-ville Mississippi Prison. He was sentenced to 10 years in prison but may get out in five for good behavior. Once he is out he faces being in a halfway house once released. I haven't gotten to see him yet because I live far away. I worry about him. He is newly incarcerated.

Last edited by coco242; 09-08-2011 at 04:34 PM..
Old 09-11-2011, 09:58 PM
Donation Award 

Hi Kimberly, I'm sorry to hear about your brother. It is always harder at the beginning, for both of you. Don't worry, he will find his way. I hope he gets out early!