Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Adult Children and Siblings of Inmates
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Adult Children and Siblings of Inmates For Adult Children, brothers and sisters of prisoners

Old 03-06-2006, 03:54 AM

can i talk to my brother online?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2006, 07:26 AM
Donation Award 

jason&tina- Welcome to the PTO Siblings Forum! Unfortunately inmates don't have access to the internet so I hope you will come here a lot for support and information. Just ask if you need help finding your way around.
Old 03-06-2006, 09:18 AM

Hello & Welcome To The Sibling Forum jason&tina and billys angell.

God's timimg does not always coinside with our immediate plans, sometimes his timimg requires that we wait and put our trust in him, because he will always have our best interest in mind
Old 03-06-2006, 09:51 AM
WRITER/PRISON ADVOCATE

Welcome Billys Angell and Jason&Tina, this is a great forum. I don't think all the prisons have the on-line thing. I know none of the USPs have it. Some of the med or min security have it, but not all.

CATHERINE
Old 03-06-2006, 12:00 PM
Donation Award 

Atalie- Do some of the prison have online access? I have not heard that.
Old 03-06-2006, 12:17 PM
WRITER/PRISON ADVOCATE

Some med or min security federal prisons have e-mail access, they cannot access anything else on-line. I think it is a pilot program to see how it works out, but I know they are using it in some prisons.

CATHERINE
Old 06-12-2006, 12:10 PM
aliuk

Hello there! Am not new just to this forum, usually on canadian forum. My brother is in Millhaven in reception. Has been there since end of April. I don't speak to him only letters. I find it very difficult as I feel so sad for him. I live in the U.K. so I am far away. He has never been in trouble before therefore it was all a shock when we found out he robbed 4 banks. Then I found out he was sleeping on the streets. I can't believe how things have turned out for him, I wish I was there to help in any way I can. He has suffered with depression as well, which was hidden from the family. He is married however his wife wants nothing to do with him, and he has 2 kids. I know there 2 sides to each story but he is my brother and he needs as much love and support he can get. How do I get over feeling sad for him? It shows in my letters I send to him and I think I'm annoying him. Any advice? I am an emotional person, strong but emotional.
Thanks for listening. Don't ask too many questions on the canadian forum as my mom is on it.
Old 06-12-2006, 01:39 PM
WRITER/PRISON ADVOCATE

aliUK welcome to the siblings forum, glad to have you. How not to feel sad? That is the eternal question we all ask, I think for me it is doing what I can to make his life easier. Sending letters, cards, money when I can, jokes, pictures. I am lucky he is only 3 hours away so I go see him once a month.

CATHERINE
Old 06-12-2006, 02:00 PM
Donation Award 

Hi ali- glad you found the Siblings Forum! Sending really positive letters I am sure is the best way to help him. If you feel your sadness is bothering him try and just stick to day-to-day things that have happened or print off interesting things from the internet:news items, events or anything humorous.
By the way I am Canadian and I also lived in Wales for awhile.What part of Wales are you in?
Old 06-12-2006, 02:37 PM
aliuk

I am in the amman valley about 20 minutes from swansea. Yeah i do send funny stuff as well, but I think because I can't see him or be with him I feel the need to keep telling him how much I care as I am worried about his depression etc. I want to make sure he feels loved and needed. Am I going over the top. I can't stand the thought of my brother being homeless and that his life has come to that before going to prison. I guess I just want to make it better for him and don't know how.
Thanks for listening......again!
Ali
Old 06-12-2006, 03:56 PM
Donation Award 

No you aren't going over the top- you are a loving and supportive sister who cares deeply about your brother. There are a lot of us here who know how you are feeling.
Old 06-12-2006, 04:03 PM
aliuk

Thanks DLM! I do try to put emotions aside but it's just the way I am. Where in wales did you live? I love it here I'm right near the black mountains and the breacon beacons, and not far from the sea. My favourite place for clearing my head. I work with people who suffer from mental health problems, have dual diagnosis and most have been in prison at some time. Yet I can't deal with my brother's situation. My mom told me there is another letter on it's way. I do wish I could speak to him. I answered your question on the other thread re: phone calss.
Thanks yet again for kind words.....
Alison
Old 06-12-2006, 04:16 PM
Donation Award 

I lived in Llandridod Wells - so beautiful! I loved living there but it was years ago!
Ali- Drop by the Siblings Chit-Chat Thread when you get a minute - it's a great place to be able to talk about everything that isn't prison related.
Old 06-14-2006, 02:11 AM

Hi I have posted on PTO but no here yet. I am from California, I am a mom/student/wife, and my older brother was sentenced to 12 yrs. He's been in for 4 yrs already. I have another brother who spent 5 yrs in prison here in California as well.
Just wanted to introduce myself and say hi.
Old 06-14-2006, 06:30 AM
Donation Award 

Welcome to the Siblings Forum Hope2BaRn!! .We also have a Siblings Chit-Chat thread so please drop by when you get a minute!
Old 06-14-2006, 09:18 AM
WRITER/PRISON ADVOCATE

Hope2BaRn welcome to the siblings forum, you will get a lot of support and understanding here.

CATHERINE
Old 06-26-2006, 10:56 AM
~micky~

Hello, i am new here to. i have a brother in jail. i am hoping he get's out soon as everything seem's to be up in the air on a date for him to come home.

congrats on your brother getting out, i hope you have a great time with him.
Old 06-26-2006, 11:53 AM
Donation Award 

Welcome to the Siblings Forum micky- so glad you found us! Keep us posted on your brother please and just ask if you need any help with anything!
Old 06-26-2006, 01:08 PM
WRITER/PRISON ADVOCATE

Micky welcome to the siblings forum, we are happy to have you here, visit often.

CATHERINE
Old 06-26-2006, 05:35 PM
Banned

I'm not new to PTO but sort of new to this forum. They call me 'sam' in chat- short for Samantha. My brother was recently moved back to New Mexico from Texas, he is now in Santa Fe. My sister has about 5 months left, she is in Grants. I live alone with my daughter who will be 2 next month and take care of my little brother that is 12. Glad to meet you guys .
Old 06-26-2006, 06:12 PM
WRITER/PRISON ADVOCATE

Welcome Sam, it is good to have you here.

CATHERINE
Old 06-27-2006, 01:19 AM
~micky~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixee
Hi

Each time Thomas goes to jail..I lose a little more of my heart and I feel as if we the family are in jail also...in a way we are.
Thomas doesnt think he has a problem with drinking...according to him he has a problem with drinking & driving. *sigh* Until he realizes he has a problem and deals with the issue..nothing I say will make a difference I am afraid. Its like beating my head against a brick wall. I dont want to preach to him....

Dixee
Hi Dixee,
I to am from alabama. it is nice to see someone here from the same place as yourself.
I agree with you when you say you lose a little more of your heart everytime he go's to jail. It is very true, everytime a family member go's to jail they had just as well through you in there right beside them. the only feeling i can think of that even get's close to the feeling of my brother in jail, is a death in the family. It make's me feel i have lost my brother all together. I do write to him and will be going to visit's, but it just isn't the same.

I know what you mean about the drinking problem to. all you can do is be there for him untill he decides he need's help. If you push him to stop it will only drive him deeper into it. I know, i have a father with a drinking problem.
Old 06-27-2006, 04:00 PM
Donation Award 

okie- Welcome to the Siblings Forum-glad you found us. Good news that your sister will be home soon- will she be living with you or nearby anyway?
Old 06-29-2006, 10:42 AM

Hi, I am new here. My little brother is in jail now. He should be out soon depending on how much he can work off of his time. Don't know if I am doing this right, still learning how to use this website.
Old 06-29-2006, 01:42 PM
Donation Award 

Hi and welcome to the Siblings Forum Ifab210! That's good news that your brother should be out soon- do you mean in the next few months?