Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Kern Valley State Prison (KVSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Kern Valley State Prison (KVSP) - California Topics, Discussions & Information relating to the Kern Valley State Prison located in Delano, California.

Old 06-10-2015, 06:40 AM

Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 

Miamac......I missed your Birthday. Hope you had an amazing birthday and Happy Late Birthday!

Last edited by T_LovesHim100%; 06-10-2015 at 06:44 AM.. Reason: it didnt show my pictures....just ? marks
Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2015, 11:32 AM
Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 22,671 Times in 8,028 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_LovesHim100% View Post
Miamac......I missed your Birthday. Hope you had an amazing birthday and Happy Late Birthday!
You didn't! It's tomorrow. So thank you for the early birthday wish!
Old 06-11-2015, 10:18 AM

Miamac, I thought I had missed ur birthday. So since I didn't Happy Birthday ! Yay!
The Following User Says Thank You to T_LovesHim100% For This Useful Post:
miamac (06-11-2015)
Old 06-11-2015, 09:08 PM

My Son has been moved to Susanville .( I'll miss all of You gals on here alot !! ) I have Sat & Sun 13 & 14 I'll need to cancel . PM me.
Old 06-14-2015, 01:17 AM

Good luck in susanville...I sure do not miss that place! The good thing is you can always get an appt and you don't have to worry about ppl trampling over you to get in line. They are very strickt in the visit rooms.

Last edited by ahtiannasmom; 06-14-2015 at 01:21 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to ahtiannasmom For This Useful Post:
desertskys (06-18-2015)
Old 06-18-2015, 06:19 PM

If anyone has appts avail for 27/28 please message me thanks so much
Old 07-02-2015, 08:01 PM

Major family thing came up, canceling appts for this weekend, don't have time to stay on her or message any one...sorry. but they are available now
Old 07-20-2015, 09:23 AM
~His Rock.Angel.Sunshine~
Donation Award 

Looking for any last minute cancelations for this weekend (Saturday & Sunday) July 25-26.

Beyond Darkness will ALWAYS be Light... You are My Sunshine, My Only Sunshine...
Old 07-21-2015, 06:30 PM
My ❤ is in Cali Moderator

Donation Award 

Ok, my man has been endorsed to KVSP. I have read 50 of the 58 pages of this thread, my head is spinning! I have a couple questions...

1. Rules state no black pants with red tops. what about black pants with a different top?
2. Just want to verify, the cash (quarters or dollars) that can be brought in is $ 50 for the visitor and $50 for the inmate?
3. Are there lockers?
4. Can I sign up for V-PASS before he moves, or do I need to wait until I know his housing unit?
5. I have some nice heeled healed (2 1/2-3 in) sandals, but they are foam. Will these pass?
6. I will be coming from over 12 hours away, if I get the earliest visit... how long do the visits last?
7. Not that it matters, because this will be our first contact visit, but do we sit side-by-side or across from each other?

Thanks in advance, and I am sure other things will come up!
CDCr kicked him out of the SHU, YAY!!!
Old 07-21-2015, 07:06 PM
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy's Girl View Post
Ok, my man has been endorsed to KVSP. I have read 50 of the 58 pages of this thread, my head is spinning! I have a couple questions...

1. Rules state no black pants with red tops. what about black pants with a different top?
Just fine.
2. Just want to verify, the cash (quarters or dollars) that can be brought in is $ 50 for the visitor and $50 for the inmate?
The handbook says $50 per adult, but I've had a CO tell me $40. So...split the difference?
3. Are there lockers?
No.
4. Can I sign up for V-PASS before he moves, or do I need to wait until I know his housing unit?
You can sign up now. You only need his ID number.
5. I have some nice heeled healed (2 1/2-3 in) sandals, but they are foam. Will these pass?
Probably? They don't want things that look like shower shoes or that can be easily pierced through. Keep a backup pair in the car just in case.
6. I will be coming from over 12 hours away, if I get the earliest visit... how long do the visits last?
I come from OR, too, so I absolutely feel for ya. I get 8am appts., usually get to his yard by 9 and see him by 9:45. Barring any reasons for early termination, you can stay until 2:30.
7. Not that it matters, because this will be our first contact visit, but do we sit side-by-side or across from each other?
There are low, round tables we sit at. The only rules about sitting are that inmates must face the podium and no excessive touching. At times you'll be the only two at the table and other times they double us up, four to a table.

Thanks in advance, and I am sure other things will come up!
Be sure to get your photo ducats outside in line. If the machine is out, talk to the folks around you. We're pretty friendly and some folks carry extra they'll sell to you.
The Following User Says Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
Sammy's Girl (08-10-2015)
Old 07-21-2015, 10:06 PM
Cujo0626

Also, if they start cutting visit because of over crowding, if I'm not mistaken if you come from more then 200 miles away, you get your full visit till 2:30.. Just let the CO know.. Just TRY to keep your hands to your self and you should be good

Last edited by cujo0626; 07-21-2015 at 10:45 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cujo0626 For This Useful Post:
miamac (07-22-2015), Sammy's Girl (08-10-2015)
Old 07-21-2015, 10:38 PM
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by isis9700 View Post
Also, if they start cutting visit because of over crowding, I'm not mistaken if you come from more then 200 miles away, you get your full visit till 2:30.. Just let the CO know..
Yes! This is true UNLESS he's had a visit in the previous...30 days? 60 days? I forget the number. They tried to terminate our visit in April and he asked about the long-distance allowance and was told doesn't apply because he'd had a recent visit. (he hadn't...we'd gotten married and it was during a lockdown, but regardless...) If you're his only visitor then this shouldn't matter, but might for others who share visitation.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
cujo0626 (07-22-2015), Sammy's Girl (07-21-2015)
Old 07-21-2015, 11:21 PM

Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamac View Post
Yes! This is true UNLESS he's had a visit in the previous...30 days? 60 days? I forget the number. They tried to terminate our visit in April and he asked about the long-distance allowance and was told doesn't apply because he'd had a recent visit. (he hadn't...we'd gotten married and it was during a lockdown, but regardless...) If you're his only visitor then this shouldn't matter, but might for others who share visitation.
It's 30 days, at least it has been for the SHU. I am his only visitor. which I find is a real shame. Matter of fact, his family barely writes and now that he gets one call a month before he moves to KVSP, I offered to put the money on his Moms account for calls and I havent heard from her.

What about this collarbone thing I have read about? My childrens father choked me until I was unconcious several times and NOTHING goes near my neck or it triggers PTSD of the event. Would I have to get a statement from my MD or therapist to attest to that fact?

Do you was your money/coins in advance?
Please tell me some positive things about visiting here!
Old 07-22-2015, 12:15 AM
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy's Girl View Post
What about this collarbone thing I have read about? My childrens father choked me until I was unconcious several times and NOTHING goes near my neck or it triggers PTSD of the event. Would I have to get a statement from my MD or therapist to attest to that fact?
I wouldn't sweat it. The reason the "collarbone guide" is mentioned is because some folks have trouble interpreting what a low-cut top is. You don't strike me as the type to risk a visit over too much skin showing or cleavage busting out. I'm sure your dresses are fine. But always, always have back-up outfit with you--loose pants and a medium-weight tee are a safe bet.

As far as positives? Each yard has a different "tone" to their visiting room. The yard I visit is pretty relaxed but no nonsense when it comes to the rules. The best part to me is the other visitors, super helpful. And I like Graham! He'll be the person you check-in with when you first enter processing. He's all about his job but he's human, too. If you have a question, ask him.
The Following User Says Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
Sammy's Girl (07-22-2015)
Old 07-22-2015, 09:28 PM

Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamac View Post
I wouldn't sweat it. The reason the "collarbone guide" is mentioned is because some folks have trouble interpreting what a low-cut top is. You don't strike me as the type to risk a visit over too much skin showing or cleavage busting out. I'm sure your dresses are fine. But always, always have back-up outfit with you--loose pants and a medium-weight tee are a safe bet.

As far as positives? Each yard has a different "tone" to their visiting room. The yard I visit is pretty relaxed but no nonsense when it comes to the rules. The best part to me is the other visitors, super helpful. And I like Graham! He'll be the person you check-in with when you first enter processing. He's all about his job but he's human, too. If you have a question, ask him.
Thank you so much, generally the things I wear to visit are the things I wear to church but I have seen some pretty scandalous outfits there as well so was quite unsure how to interpret it. The first day it is always a dress, and the second day since I am leaving right from Corcoran it is more casual crop pants that I would never wear to church. But it's important to be comfortable for the drive as well!

Where do you fly in to? I was looking at things like LA, but the closest airport is 3.5 hours away so I have to factor that in as well. Will see how fast they actually move him now that he has been assigned another prison.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sammy's Girl For This Useful Post:
miamac (07-23-2015)
Old 07-23-2015, 07:27 AM

Have a visit for Saturday at 8:30 I'm cancelling
Old 07-23-2015, 07:16 PM

Awww :/ im looking for a later app. Im driving from san diego. Anybody thinking on canceling an appointment.
Old 07-24-2015, 04:46 PM
Cujo0626

My friend wanted to go last min. for this weekend. If anyone is canceling Please PM me. Thank you in advance for any help
Old 07-25-2015, 02:41 PM
Donation Award 

Looking for cancelations for Saturday & Sunday (Aug. 1-2). Please PM me with information.

Beyond Darkness will ALWAYS be Light... You are My Sunshine, My Only Sunshine...
Old 07-28-2015, 10:47 PM
Donation Award 

Would LOVE a full visit this weekend (08/01 or 08/02)... Everything is gone on VPASS and also when I called visiting too. Please let me know of cancellations via PM or reply... TIA

Old 07-28-2015, 11:07 PM
Donation Award 

Hello... Need some assistance on the following questions.

Can someone break down the jewelry code. How many rings, etc.?

How about dermal piercings?

How many photo tokens can you buy at a time?

Any feedback with walk-ins... How much time do you really get? Would love to hear your experiences.

How toddler friendly are they here at KVSP?

Thank You

Old 07-29-2015, 08:18 AM

Good morning ladies! I have an appt for next weekend if i can switch for this Saturday.
Old 07-29-2015, 10:20 AM
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLove3 View Post
1 ring-- unless it's wedding set, 1 necklace, 1 bracelet or watch

It must pass the metal detector. If it sets it off, they're not letting you in.

As many as you like. I'm not sure if there is a limit of photos you can take in one day, though. Maybe someone else can comment here and on your questions below?
Quote:
Any feedback with walk-ins... How much time do you really get? Would love to hear your experiences.

Welcome to KVSP! updated 5/14/15
Visiting Sgt. Graham is helpful and on good days, pretty funny.

The Visiting office can be reached at (661)721-6300 ext-5708

Getting An Appointment
You can book appointments two weeks in advance. ASU appointments must be made via telephone (see below). Contact visits may be made through
VPASS.

VPASS opens at 8pm Sunday evenings. Appointments are usually gone on VPASS within 5 minutes. As of February 2015, VPASS appointments must be attended by the person holding the VPASS account. In other words: If Wilma books an appointment for herself and Betty, Betty cannot visit without Wilma. Wilma can visit without Betty.

You can call to get an appt. Mon-Fri between 7-8am and 12-1pm. The phone lines can be very, very busy and you are allowed to make an appt. for one day per call.
(661) 720-4952

Walk-ins (no appointment, contact visit) are taken at 1100am.

The Day of Your Visit
Arrive no more than one hour before your appt. time. Be prepared to show ID at the guard station. Park in the farthest lot near the trailer. A line begins forming about 7:30am.

Photo ducats are purchased from a machine near the head of the line. They are $2 apiece. Inmates can also purchase the ducats through canteen.

KVSP participates in random ION scanning. Once called to be processed, the CO will indicate when to press the button located on the counter. For questions related to ION Scanner use, look here:
http://www.cdcr.ca.gov/Regulations/A...Final_Text.pdf

Vending machines are available, the entrees range from $4-7. Drinks $1-2.50. Candy, $1.50ish.

The max dollar amount is $50 per adult and $20 per child. You may bring your money is $1's, dollar coins and quarters.

Dress Code
it’s all about the boobs, bounce, and form fitting ~Lassy2013

Clothing No-no’s:
blue (of any shade)
tan top with tan bottoms
orange
green
black bottoms with red tops
solid white shirt
hoods, hats, scarves
camo (unless in military uniform with military ID)
form fitting anything
skirts/dresses must be no more than 1” above your knee with your arms raised
sheer/see-thru/lacey
underwire bras
piercings (yes, even the surgically implanted sort…you are permitted one pair of earrings)

Shoes are pretty flexible—provided no part of your foot extends past the sole and that the sole is made of something more substantial than foam. Avoid low-end flip-flops and you’ll probably be ok.

Y’all know how much I love our KVSP family! If you still have questions, show up the day of your visit and find yourself freaking out, or any of the other zillion things that come with having a loved one in prison…ask for help! Here in the forum, in line at visiting or through PM’s. We’re friendly and don’t usually bite on days that end in ‘y’.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
cujo0626 (07-29-2015), iLove3 (07-30-2015), jojolovesMIA (08-16-2015)
Old 07-29-2015, 02:42 PM

Donation Award 

Quote:
Hello... Need some assistance on the following questions.

Thank You
I notice you are not set up for PM's and wanted to PM you. Can you change that and PM Me?
Old 07-30-2015, 11:03 AM
Donation Award 

Thank you Miamac for your reply. I'm a returning Kern Valley lady... My hubby is back from completing a SHU term so we are excited for our contact visits again!!! I just wanted to check up on procedures wishing and hoping change occurred but looks like it didn't... Boooooooooo!!!

Last edited by iLove3; 07-30-2015 at 11:30 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to iLove3 For This Useful Post:
miamac (07-30-2015)