Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Kern Valley State Prison (KVSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Kern Valley State Prison (KVSP) - California Topics, Discussions & Information relating to the Kern Valley State Prison located in Delano, California.

Old 04-10-2015, 02:27 PM

Default appts for 4/11 & 4/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by lassy2013 View Post
Hi ya'all, I'm looking for two appointments at the same time on Sunday April 12. Please message if you have extras or if you decide not to go. Thank you
Hi I have appts for the 12th please pm me for more infor

S.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2015, 12:49 PM

Hello. I'm hoping someone has a extra appt for tomorrow Sunday the 12th? Please PM me, thank you.
Old 04-12-2015, 09:34 PM

Hi - unsuccessful in getting a visit for 4/25 or 4/26. Is it possible that they were all gone by 806? Argh.

Anyhow- if it turns out anyone has an appt they no longer need for 2 people for the 25th or 26th please pm me. Thanks!!!

-E

Old 04-12-2015, 10:17 PM

Yes they are generally gone within.five minutes
Old 04-18-2015, 02:35 PM

I have tomorrow 4/19 .. that I need to cancel. anyone want it .. I know it's last minute.. sorry
Old 04-18-2015, 09:53 PM

Anyone canceling their appt for the 26th. Pm me please. Thank you!
Old 04-23-2015, 10:22 AM

Hi everyone... I'm new to this prison. I've visited my husband at other prisons so I know the general information. I was hoping someone can give me the info about the visits. I know I have to schedule them through VPass. He's in A yard. But when is the days and times to schedule? How far can I schedule out? How quickly do the visits get full? Can you only book through VPass or can you call as well? I also wanted to ask about clothing I know the normal stuff and I know some prisons don't worry as much as others. Any insight would be perfect. Thank you so much

Old 04-23-2015, 12:08 PM
Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 22,663 Times in 8,027 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LoveAdrian View Post
Hi everyone... I'm new to this prison. I've visited my husband at other prisons so I know the general information.[...]
You can book appointments two weeks in advance.
VPASS is easiest (ha!) and opens at 8pm Sunday evenings. Appointments are usually gone on VPASS within 5 minutes. You can call to get an appt. Mon-Fri between 7-8am and 12-1pm. The phone lines can be very, very busy and you are allowed to make an appt. for one day per call.
(661) 720-4952

Arrive no more than one hour before your appt. time. A line begins forming about 7:30am. Photo ducats are purchased from a machine near the head of the line. They are $2 a piece.

Vending machines are available, the entrees range from $4-7. Drinks $1-2.50. Candy, $1.50ish.

I believe the max dollar amount is $40 per person, but someone please confirm. You may bring your money is $1's and quarters.

I'll let someone else tackle the clothing specifics but your best bet for first visits are black and white or grey, nothing form fitting nor see-thru. Shoes are pretty flexible but I would avoid flip-flops entirely.

We're pretty friendly here and folks in line are generally happy to give you an educated guess on your clothing before you get in or answer a question you may have while waiting.

Welcome to KVSP and hope you can visit soon!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
1LoveAdrian (04-24-2015), Sammy's Girl (07-21-2015)
Old 04-23-2015, 03:29 PM

I think you can bring $50 per adult and $20 per child to the visits...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mammaseeta For This Useful Post:
1LoveAdrian (04-24-2015), 1loveJLM (04-23-2015), miamac (04-23-2015)
Old 04-23-2015, 03:30 PM

On No! did I read correctly .. Vpass alert?? a yard on lockdown ?? Crap made travel plans. so mad!! any updates appreciated !
Old 04-23-2015, 03:34 PM
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertskys View Post
On No! did I read correctly .. Vpass alert?? a yard on lockdown ?? Crap made travel plans. so mad!! any updates appreciated !
Yeah, you read it right. I think it's due to the fatality yesterday.
Old 04-23-2015, 08:22 PM

Yes I understand now. didn't about the shooting until now. soo very scary. It's been a violent month there . I try not to worry too much cuz My son can usually take care of hisself. but when it's cellie against cellie and firearms.. Well I'll worry that's for sure. but I'm still dissapointed about the LD
Old 04-24-2015, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamac View Post
You can book appointments two weeks in advance.
VPASS is easiest (ha!) and opens at 8pm Sunday evenings. Appointments are usually gone on VPASS within 5 minutes. You can call to get an appt. Mon-Fri between 7-8am and 12-1pm. The phone lines can be very, very busy and you are allowed to make an appt. for one day per call.
(661) 720-4952

Arrive no more than one hour before your appt. time. A line begins forming about 7:30am. Photo ducats are purchased from a machine near the head of the line. They are $2 a piece.

Vending machines are available, the entrees range from $4-7. Drinks $1-2.50. Candy, $1.50ish.

I believe the max dollar amount is $40 per person, but someone please confirm. You may bring your money is $1's and quarters.

I'll let someone else tackle the clothing specifics but your best bet for first visits are black and white or grey, nothing form fitting nor see-thru. Shoes are pretty flexible but I would avoid flip-flops entirely.

We're pretty friendly here and folks in line are generally happy to give you an educated guess on your clothing before you get in or answer a question you may have while waiting.

Welcome to KVSP and hope you can visit soon!
Thank you so much for your reply and all the great information I really appreciate it. Like all new prisons we get transferred to we know the basics but every facility is different in their own way.

VPASS gone within 5 minutes that is ridiculous! I remember when they first started using this saying it would be easier for visitors and stuff to book appointment. Thank you for letting me know I know what my Sunday evenings look like now. Calling in can you really only make one appointment for one day per call? I have never had to deal with that. Ok so it does sound like VPASS is easier if Im on top of making my appointments in the first 5 minutes. I live in the Bay Area so if Im going to travel all the way down there I want to be able to visit both days.

Another question maybe you or one of the other users can answer I have visited my husband in Tehachapi and Centinela. I know us visitors do have some rights and when I would visit because Im traveling over a certain amount of miles (300) and haven't visits within 30 days I should be able to stay for the whole visit. This was approved by all the other prisons. I was reading that A yard gets pretty full so they kick people out after 2 hours or so. Does anyone know if Delano approves this as well?

$40 per personÖ So $40 for me, $40 for him, and $20 for children correct?

Thank you for all the wonderful information.

Old 04-24-2015, 02:02 PM
Site Moderator

Quote:
[...]
Calling in can you really only make one appointment for one day per call? I have never had to deal with that. Ok so it does sound like VPASS is easier if Im on top of making my appointments in the first 5 minutes. I live in the Bay Area so if Im going to travel all the way down there I want to be able to visit both days.
Yep, VPASS is best if you can. I travel from out of state so I completely understand the pain of the call-in appointment rule.

Quote:
Another question maybe you or one of the other users can answer I have visited my husband in Tehachapi and Centinela. I know us visitors do have some rights and when I would visit because Im traveling over a certain amount of miles (300) and haven't visits within 30 days I should be able to stay for the whole visit. This was approved by all the other prisons. I was reading that A yard gets pretty full so they kick people out after 2 hours or so. Does anyone know if Delano approves this as well?
I can only say what they do on D, but yes...it should apply. I've seen them terminate visits early for overcrowding twice in my time. Both times I was spared but they said it was because he hadn't had a visit in 30 days. I don't know that our distance factors in for them. I think it should, but they tried to terminate us two weeks ago saying I'd been there two weeks before. I had, but it was for our wedding not a visit. The fact that I'd driven 800 miles didn't seem to deter them. :/

Quote:
$40 per personÖ So $40 for me, $40 for him, and $20 for children correct?
I believe another poster said it's $50 per adult and $20 for children...so two adults, one child $120.
The Following User Says Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
1LoveAdrian (04-24-2015)
Old 04-24-2015, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamac View Post
Yep, VPASS is best if you can. I travel from out of state so I completely understand the pain of the call-in appointment rule.

I can only say what they do on D, but yes...it should apply. I've seen them terminate visits early for overcrowding twice in my time. Both times I was spared but they said it was because he hadn't had a visit in 30 days. I don't know that our distance factors in for them. I think it should, but they tried to terminate us two weeks ago saying I'd been there two weeks before. I had, but it was for our wedding not a visit. The fact that I'd driven 800 miles didn't seem to deter them. :/

I believe another poster said it's $50 per adult and $20 for children...so two adults, one child $120.
Thank you so much for the information. I just checked the visitors rules handbook and it does say anyone visiting over 250 miles and hasn't visited in the last 30 days their visit can be spared from termination.

The Following User Says Thank You to 1LoveAdrian For This Useful Post:
miamac (04-24-2015)
Old 04-24-2015, 02:35 PM

One last question this one is for his family though and since Im new to VPASS (I haven't had to use it before due to a shu term perviously.)

When someone books a visit for the inmate on VPASS is the inmate informed of the visit and who booked it? If so can they deny the visit? If the inmate denies the visit, will the visitor be notified through VPASS that the inmate denied it before the scheduled visit?

Some family haven't seen in a long time not sure how he will take it so just want to make sure i give them the right information so everyone can be prepared. Thank you

Old 04-24-2015, 02:58 PM
Site Moderator

Quote:
One last question this one is for his family though and since Im new to VPASS (I haven't had to use it before due to a shu term perviously.)

When someone books a visit for the inmate on VPASS is the inmate informed of the visit and who booked it? If so can they deny the visit? If the inmate denies the visit, will the visitor be notified through VPASS that the inmate denied it before the scheduled visit?

Some family haven't seen in a long time not sure how he will take it so just want to make sure i give them the right information so everyone can be prepared. Thank you
No, he won't know when appts. are made through VPASS. If you are booking for them, you'll need to register the approved family on your VPASS account because you'll need to put their names on the appointment.

If he refuses a visit he'll have to do it the day you show up. Someone correct me if I'm wrong...the guys don't know who is visiting until they show up in the room, right?
Old 04-24-2015, 10:11 PM

On A yard, there are no rules. They do not care what title 15 states and we have no rights. If you argue you will lose your visits or he will go to the hole. Also the visitor who makes the appointment on vpass has to attend.
Old 04-25-2015, 11:05 AM

Hey Lassy ! I also have to deal with A yard issues. but on Your last point. The person making the reservation HAS to attend.?? I have made reservations for my son's father & step Mom and have not gone myself. .. and so far have had no problems. ?? Anyone else ?
Old 04-25-2015, 07:23 PM

Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 

Also one question......
50.00 an adult ( this doesn't mean you can take 50 for ur self AND 50 for the inmate right?)
Also my son's always take $25. Each not $20.

And last time I was there I heard the African-American cop say the person Who makes the appointment has to attend as well.
Old 04-25-2015, 07:34 PM
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_LovesHim100% View Post
Also one question......
50.00 an adult ( this doesn't mean you can take 50 for ur self AND 50 for the inmate right?)
Also my son's always take $25. Each not $20.

And last time I was there I heard the African-American cop say the person Who makes the appointment has to attend as well.
Per the CDCr Visiting Guide:
"A $50 limit per adult and $20 limit per minor; only as dollar bills, dollar coins and quarters (change machines are usually available but they may be out of order or out of change);"
http://www.cdcr.ca.gov/Visitors/docs...Guidelines.pdf

I think unless you're trying to push the max amount (say, 2 adults, 1 minor at $120), they really aren't going to split hairs over $20 or $25. But then again...we know how it is some days! I've seen some CO's count the money while most just flip through it and ask how much is there.
Old 04-25-2015, 07:56 PM

According to Officer Moreno, Graham, and one more I forget her name, they stated local new policy is that the individual's vpass account used for reservations has to be the one attending. I tried to make appointments for my inlaws and they stated it was not going to work even though their names were listed as the visitors and they've been approved w/o problems for 23 years. Its worked fine in the past......anything to make it more difficult for the elderly. On Valentines weekend they began turning people away.
Old 04-25-2015, 09:31 PM

Thanx for the info guys. guess i'll need to guide my Ex's wife thru signing up for VPASS. someone helped me. so I'm paying it forward.Mainly so my son can get a visit.
Old 04-26-2015, 12:35 AM

50 per visiting adult and 20 per child-- believe that they are ecpecti g the adult to feed the inmate with the money they bring in hence why its 50
Old 04-26-2015, 08:51 AM

$50 is not enough for two adults with the outrageous prices we have pay...