Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Federal prison Visitation info & issues, Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics.

Old 08-09-2015, 11:04 PM

Default Where is a good place to order magazines

Where is a good place to order magazines for La Tuna inmate? Does anyone know what can and can not be bought? thanks for any information
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2015, 01:48 AM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 9,358 Times in 3,945 Posts

Hi you could try Amazon, federal inmates can receive items from Amazon. They have some good magazine subscriptions at low prices just search on the site when they have offers some prices are as low as $5 for 12 magazines.
Good luck

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army
The Following User Says Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
Telica05 (01-12-2017)
Old 08-14-2015, 01:55 AM

I use inmate mags, which we really like. With them, I can put money on an account at inmate mags and send a brochure to my husband, he can then order his own magazines. Gives him a little more sense of freedom.
04/05/2016 I immigrated to the US
10/27/2016 My husband received Presidential clemency

Old 08-21-2015, 07:03 PM
♥ Por Vida ♥

I know you mentioned receiving magazines from Amazon but do you know if they will accept paperback books from them? If so, how do I do it, would I just place the order and just change the address as if I'm sending it as a gift and use the address I send my letters to? In the 4 years I've been doing this, I've never ordered a book and his magazines come from Low Rider so this part is new for me.. Thanks so much...

Quote:
Originally Posted by maytayah View Post
Hi you could try Amazon, federal inmates can receive items from Amazon. They have some good magazine subscriptions at low prices just search on the site when they have offers some prices are as low as $5 for 12 magazines.
Good luck

Old 08-21-2015, 07:45 PM

Yes as long as they're paperback and new and purchased from amazon, meaning not being sold by an actual person via amazon. And yes, just enter your LO address, same which you mail letters to. It's very easy and convenient.
Old 08-21-2015, 08:07 PM
Super Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Thanked 5,560 Times in 2,813 Posts

We've always used inmate mags too but this time...I ordered them in February. Emailed them in May because he hadn't received any, and again in July. Still no magazines.
Old 08-22-2015, 09:11 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 20,115 Times in 11,744 Posts

If you order books from Amazon, be sure to stipulate US Post Office delivery. FedEx & UPS deliveries will be rejected at the prison.
Old 08-22-2015, 02:36 PM

If you are ordering books from Amazon, you do NOT have to order new books. All federal prisons will accept used books bought off of Amazon's resellers.

I have ordered at least 50-60 used books from Amazon, sent to 4 different federal prisons with no problems.

You can almost always get a used version of a book for $4 total ($.01 for the book + $3.99 shipping), as opposed to $15-$30 for a new copy.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SadTodd For This Useful Post:
azlightsout (05-12-2018), fbopnomore (08-22-2015)
Old 08-22-2015, 02:40 PM

You can also order cheap magazines from a multitude of discount magazine places for REALLY cheap. MUCH cheaper than Amazon, and a fraction of the cost of inmate mags.

I usually use www.discountmags.com but there are dozens of other sites out there. You can get subscriptions to most popular magazines for under $5 or $6 for an entire YEAR subscription. Places like inmate mags will charge you more than that for just ONE magazine.

(www.discountmags.com sells most magazine subscriptions for $10-12 a year normally, but they have sales every other week where most popular magazines are $4-6)
Old 08-22-2015, 02:52 PM
Super Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Thanked 5,560 Times in 2,813 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadTodd View Post
You can also order cheap magazines from a multitude of discount magazine places for REALLY cheap. MUCH cheaper than Amazon, and a fraction of the cost of inmate mags.

I usually use www.discountmags.com but there are dozens of other sites out there. You can get subscriptions to most popular magazines for under $5 or $6 for an entire YEAR subscription. Places like inmate mags will charge you more than that for just ONE magazine.

(www.discountmags.com sells most magazine subscriptions for $10-12 a year normally, but they have sales every other week where most popular magazines are $4-6)
Actually, our inmate mags order was 5 for $20. That's year-long subscriptions to 5 different magazines. And we got a 6th subscription for free. So, inmate magazine service is way cheaper.

Oops, nevermind. I had assumed "inmate mags" was slang for "inmate magazine service". I didn't realize it was a completely different company.

Last edited by sass4221; 08-22-2015 at 02:55 PM.. Reason: correction.
Old 08-23-2015, 07:01 AM

Hello...

I just wanted to give you a site that alows you to pay in different formats. Such as pay in full or pay in easy 3 payments. With this site, I was able to send the bill to me and send the magazines to my husband in FCI EL RENO.

Site: magazineline.com

If you do use this site, just be sure to not select ANYTHING that would be considered racey or indecent. Such as "mens" mags. I was able to send magazines to my husband with a year subscription to help keep his mind occupied.

Just an FYI..
A~

Want to hear our story? Click below:
http://prisontalk.com/forums/blog.php?u=436249

[url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

"You can't blame gravity for falling in love"
Albert Einstein
The Following User Says Thank You to AJFHurting For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (08-23-2015)
Old 08-24-2015, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJFHurting View Post
I just wanted to give you a site that alows you to pay in different formats. Such as pay in full or pay in easy 3 payments. With this site, I was able to send the bill to me and send the magazines to my husband in FCI EL RENO.

Site: magazineline.com
I have used magazineline.com as well, and have had no problems with them. They had a few magazines that weren't available on some of the other discount magazine sites.

There are a ton of discount magazine sites out there, shop around and find the one that has the best price for the magazine that your LO wants.
Old 09-17-2015, 02:42 PM

I use Coke Rewards for magazines. My family and friends give me the codes from 12 packs of Coke products or even bottle caps. It "costs" 250 points for a magazine. A 12 pack is worth 10 points.

Help me, Lord, to remember that religion is not to be confined to the church... nor exercised only in prayer and meditation, but that everywhere I am in Thy Presence.
-- Susanna Wesley
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sis of sis For This Useful Post:
Ann Onimous (05-12-2018), fbopnomore (09-17-2015)
Old 05-03-2018, 12:45 PM

Default Inmate Magazine Service Has The Lowest Prices We Found

Over the past 8 years, we have bought a lot of magazines for our son. We have tried several companies including Amazon. The best deals by a long shot are from Inmate Magazine Service. They were lots cheaper than Amazon. Good Luck. Be sure to look at their bundled magazine deals for the very best deals.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bob529 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (05-03-2018)
Old 05-03-2018, 11:32 PM

I have a few inmagte penpals and I send them all magazines. In general, I haven't had a problem. Just make sure that their inmate ID number ends up on the mailing label!

If there are specific magazines you want to send then I don't have any suggestions. But if what you want is 'cheap' then I have a deal for you!

I signed up at a website "rewardsurvey.com" which has me take a survey about once a week. The survey might be on "blenders" or "Peanut butter": How much do I buy, where do I buy it, how much do I spend , etc. The survey only takes a few minutes, and I am "rewarded" with points that can be applied towards magazine subscriptions. Some of the magazines are completely free, while others require a 99 cent "processing fee". I skip those.

The result is that I have signed all my penpals up to about a dozen magazines each! Some are not what I would be interested in, but a few are popular. it has worked out really well for me.

R. Mc.
The Following User Says Thank You to rmc50 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (05-04-2018)
Old 05-12-2018, 12:23 AM

For filling out super quick surveys on this site, you can get them for free. Even the ones that say "new subscribers only" will work after the subscription runs out. They're really responsive too.. I filled out the address wrong once, it didn't add the FCI [Location] into it and I emailed them and they fixed it immediately and he's gotten everything that I've sent him from the site!

https://rewardsurvey.com
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hawkcub09 For This Useful Post:
Ann Onimous (05-12-2018), fbopnomore (05-12-2018)
Old 05-12-2018, 10:16 AM
AmyLynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkcub09 View Post
For filling out super quick surveys on this site, you can get them for free. Even the ones that say "new subscribers only" will work after the subscription runs out. They're really responsive too.. I filled out the address wrong once, it didn't add the FCI [Location] into it and I emailed them and they fixed it immediately and he's gotten everything that I've sent him from the site!

https://rewardsurvey.com
I use this site too. Its good for the ones that don't charge the 99 cent processing fee. Those ones will hit your card with another charge. My advice is STICK to the free ones. I ordered him entertainment weekly, sports illustrated, ESPN magazine, good house keeping, people, golf week, autoweek, money magazine, and boating magazine.

I did have to email them to correct his address and customer service promptly took care of it. So no complaints yet. I would suggest anyone try this for FREE magazines.
fbopnomore (05-12-2018)
Old 05-12-2018, 03:47 PM

The survey/free magazine sites work really well. I too pass on the ones marked $.99 processing fee charge.

I also like the site freestufftimes.com as it has a “magazine” category and will compile all the fee magazine offers from various websites.

Never had any problems however created a separate email address just for this service to avoid any junk mail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMe81 View Post
I use this site too. Its good for the ones that don't charge the 99 cent processing fee. Those ones will hit your card with another charge. My advice is STICK to the free ones. I ordered him entertainment weekly, sports illustrated, ESPN magazine, good house keeping, people, golf week, autoweek, money magazine, and boating magazine.

I did have to email them to correct his address and customer service promptly took care of it. So no complaints yet. I would suggest anyone try this for FREE magazines.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scca For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (05-12-2018), ItsMe81 (05-12-2018)
Old 05-12-2018, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scca View Post
The survey/free magazine sites work really well. I too pass on the ones marked $.99 processing fee charge.

I also like the site freestufftimes.com as it has a “magazine” category and will compile all the fee magazine offers from various websites.

Never had any problems however created a separate email address just for this service to avoid any junk mail.
Yeah I've never paid the processing fee! They go in and out with what is offered without a processing fee too, so I check it every couple of weeks!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hawkcub09 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (05-13-2018), ItsMe81 (05-12-2018), scca (05-15-2018)