Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California General Prison Talk Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in California that do not fit into any other California subforum.

Old 12-09-2015, 11:51 AM

Default Can my husband be released while in reception

I have a question and very new to prison processes and procedures. My husband signed a plea to 16 months @ 50%, and will be sent upstate. He has been in elmwood county jail since 10/6/15 and he goes for sentencing on 1/5/2015 by that time he will have about 92 days served. Will the 92 days be doubled? and if so that will mean he only has 2 months left to serve. Will he even get mainlined or will he be released while in reception?
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2015, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRS.GARZAT View Post
I have a question and very new to prison processes and procedures. My husband signed a plea to 16 months @ 50%, and will be sent upstate. He has been in elmwood county jail since 10/6/15 and he goes for sentencing on 1/5/2015 by that time he will have about 92 days served. Will the 92 days be doubled? and if so that will mean he only has 2 months left to serve. Will he even get mainlined or will he be released while in reception?

Hey,
First off ever since the over crowding finally started making some changes I'm not up on any drastic changes that might have happened very recently but I paroled in 2010 and they were doing it like this.

The county time is counted as %66 instead of the %50 time you get when you hit reception. That comes out to something like for every month done in the county you add a 1/3 of a month to your half time number. For example I had 2 years with half time and did 9 months in the county so my time came out to around 15 months. Next, yes you can parole from reception. They won't hold him after his date until he hits a main line if that's what you were asking. Also it usually takes about 3-4 months on average to catch a bag to a main line. I have seen on many occasions that when someone is that short on time they just stay in reception for 5 or 6 months total and parole. Oh and after sentencing it can take a few weeks to catch the chain up so factor that in too.
As long as something drastic hasn't changed recently that I'm unaware of and your county is doing the usual 66% time I would guess he will catch the chain in Feb and get out around min July. There's a good chance he wont hit a main line.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bleachx For This Useful Post:
AnarchyHeart (12-13-2015), JCMiller (12-29-2015), MRS.GARZAT (12-14-2015)
Old 02-03-2016, 06:31 PM

He can be released from reception
Old 02-07-2016, 06:48 PM

Thanked 2,620 Times in 1,199 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleachx View Post
Hey,
First off ever since the over crowding finally started making some changes I'm not up on any drastic changes that might have happened very recently but I paroled in 2010 and they were doing it like this.

The county time is counted as %66 instead of the %50 time you get when you hit reception. That comes out to something like for every month done in the county you add a 1/3 of a month to your half time number. For example I had 2 years with half time and did 9 months in the county so my time came out to around 15 months. Next, yes you can parole from reception. They won't hold him after his date until he hits a main line if that's what you were asking. Also it usually takes about 3-4 months on average to catch a bag to a main line. I have seen on many occasions that when someone is that short on time they just stay in reception for 5 or 6 months total and parole. Oh and after sentencing it can take a few weeks to catch the chain up so factor that in too.
As long as something drastic hasn't changed recently that I'm unaware of and your county is doing the usual 66% time I would guess he will catch the chain in Feb and get out around min July. There's a good chance he wont hit a main line.
I'm not sure what was going on in 2010, but currently unless you are sentenced to 80% or 85% you get 50% credit in prison and 50% for any time in County Jail. If you are sent to a minimum security facility you receive 1/3 time starting on the date that you are endorsed to that facility.

Last edited by 2sleepy; 02-07-2016 at 06:54 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to 2sleepy For This Useful Post:
MRS.GARZAT (02-08-2016)
Old 02-08-2016, 12:31 PM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I'm not sure what was going on in 2010, but currently unless you are sentenced to 80% or 85% you get 50% credit in prison and 50% for any time in County Jail. If you are sent to a minimum security facility you receive 1/3 time starting on the date that you are endorsed to that facility.
Thank you for the clarification. Being that his max date is 6/16 and is still in reception. Do you think they will just have him do all time in reception or try and have him mainlined so he can start getting 1/3 time?
Old 02-08-2016, 12:34 PM
5'3 High And Rising
Donation Award 

Thanked 5,642 Times in 2,921 Posts

No he will mainline and program regularly. They would have left him in county if he was going to be stuck in reception. Reception is like the county no personally electronic items, normal day programming. I think he will mainline soon.
MRS.GARZAT (02-08-2016)