Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MINNESOTA > Minnesota Prison & Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Minnesota Prison & Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Minnesota.

Old 10-08-2019, 10:28 AM

Default Oak Park Heights - rumors of moving to GTL

My pen pal has been hearing they may be moving away from Jpay and using GTL.
If it does happen, what a bummer for all those who have to now buy a tablet again. I can’t image what’s different for the prison administration to make changes like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2019, 12:59 PM

Default Jason'sMom 8252

I was told that this is true. However supposedly every prisoner will be given a tablet at no charge, This is because it will be their only connection to prison staff. All kites etc. will be done on the tablets. We were worried about the cost of this too.
Old 01-10-2020, 11:39 PM

Yes my inmate in Stillwater told me the change is expected around March, and that they can keep their old tablets and everything on them. Is anyone familiar with GTL and any differences between that and JPay? I'm hoping the new video visitation has an app atleast, the JPay video visit is such a hassle.
Old 01-11-2020, 04:16 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complete-Escape View Post
Yes my inmate in Stillwater told me the change is expected around March, and that they can keep their old tablets and everything on them. Is anyone familiar with GTL and any differences between that and JPay? I'm hoping the new video visitation has an app atleast, the JPay video visit is such a hassle.

My friends state changed from Jpay to GTL a year ago. Jpay was much better I would say. The support is better, in my friends state the prices are less expensive. I would say the video visits with GTL are working better had not so many issues than I had with Jpay. GTL is not working well with apple devices. I had always issues and they never fixed it. Can't send pictures with my iphone (tried it with 5,6,7, SE, and at least XS lol), bought for sending pictures an extra cell phone on android. Best way is having video visits on a computer, with the cell phone it is worst. But at least it works everything. In the beginning you may will complain but like with everything ppl get used to it and I'm just happy to communicate on a daily base, if Jpay or GTL....as long as it works, its good. I reached out many times to GTL support also to JPay.. in the past years. The difference is you will have to set up an account for video visits and extra for emails..gtlvisitme is for video visits and connectnetwork is for emails, trust fund, debit links etc.

Last edited by mauri23; 01-11-2020 at 04:19 AM..