Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > COLORADO > Colorado Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Colorado Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Information relating to the Colorado Department of Corrections. This includes info about Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail.

Old 08-04-2019, 08:36 PM

Default Moved to Denver Reception & Diagnostic: When can he call? Visits?

Hello,

My bf was moved to DRDC on Wednesday. it's now Sunday. when will he be able to call me? I'm anxious not having heard from him. What is he going through right now?? I turned in the visitors form last week and I'm hoping our 2yr old son and I will get to see him soon! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2019, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKarla View Post
Hello,

My bf was moved to DRDC on Wednesday. it's now Sunday. when will he be able to call me? I'm anxious not having heard from him. What is he going through right now?? I turned in the visitors form last week and I'm hoping our 2yr old son and I will get to see him soon! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Does he have money on his phone? The first few days he will be locked down most of the time. They let them out to shower and use the phone at random times.

Old 08-04-2019, 09:02 PM
PTO Administrator
Donation Award 

Thanked 36,646 Times in 16,905 Posts

At Reception, or Intake, inmates are assessed physically & mentally. Their educational needs are evaluated. All those things helps the DOC decide what needs the inmate may have, what programs may help them, and which facility to send them to as their Home prison.

Here is the DOC FAQ page:
https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/cdoc/frequently-asked-questions-faq

Make sure your phone is set up for inmate calls:
online at www.connectnetwork.com or by phone at 1-800-483-8314

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 08-04-2019, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancyginnm View Post
Does he have money on his phone? The first few days he will be locked down most of the time. They let them out to shower and use the phone at random times.

Yes. I put money on his jpay so he could call. Is that good enough? I tried to set up the phone calling account and it finds him but wont let me add him. This is just so frustrating.
Old 08-04-2019, 10:04 PM

[quote=patchouli;7788220]At Reception, or Intake, inmates are assessed physically & mentally. Their educational needs are evaluated. All those things helps the DOC decide what needs the inmate may have, what programs may help them, and which facility to send them to as their Home prison.

I tried to add him to my account but it wouldn't let me. I put money on his jpay account. is that enough or should I call and have them add him?
Old 08-04-2019, 10:22 PM

[quote=MKarla;7788224]
Quote:
Originally Posted by patchouli View Post
At Reception, or Intake, inmates are assessed physically & mentally. Their educational needs are evaluated. All those things helps the DOC decide what needs the inmate may have, what programs may help them, and which facility to send them to as their Home prison.

I tried to add him to my account but it wouldn't let me. I put money on his jpay account. is that enough or should I call and have them add him?
If you sent money on JPay that goes to him not his phone account. It takes a few days for GTL to add him. You can't call to have them add him. It just takes some time.

The Following User Says Thank You to nancyginnm For This Useful Post:
patchouli (08-05-2019)
Old 08-05-2019, 11:34 AM

[quote=nancyginnm;7788226]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKarla View Post

If you sent money on JPay that goes to him not his phone account. It takes a few days for GTL to add him. You can't call to have them add him. It just takes some time.

When I search his name on GTL it shows up, there is just no "add" button for me to actually add him
Old 08-05-2019, 01:16 PM

[quote=MKarla;7788285]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancyginnm View Post

When I search his name on GTL it shows up, there is just no "add" button for me to actually add him
If he shows up, you should be able to add him. Call customer service and see if they can walk you through it. I always have problems when I try to use the mobile app so I will use my PC whenever I need to do anything on GTL site.

Last edited by nancyginnm; 08-05-2019 at 01:18 PM..
Old 02-21-2020, 01:19 PM

Red face

I know this was posted last year but keep in mind also that them being at drdc is the beginning of the prison sentence and they have to send in their phone list to be approved before they can even call. That can take anywhere from a week to 10 days just depends.