Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Chuckawalla Valley State Prison (CVSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Chuckawalla Valley State Prison (CVSP) - California Topics, Discussions & Information relating to the Chuckawalla Valley State Prison located west of Blythe, California on I-10.

Old 02-29-2008, 09:53 PM

Default CVSP Introduction Thread

Hey everyone. I found out today that my husband will be rolling out from Tehachapi to Chuckies probably next week. He has already transpacked. I would appreciate any and all information in terms of Visiting. I know that no hoods are allowed but can we wear red. Red was a no no at Corcoran but allowed at Tehachapi. How are the vending machines (Tehachapi's was always broken and empty). What's the overall atmosphere like in visiting and the inmates program. Thanks in advance. What time should I arrive in the AM to line up. Im not trying to sleep in my car Thanks yall !!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2008, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepinitreal
Hey everyone. I found out today that my husband will be rolling out from Tehachapi to Chuckies probably next week. He has already transpacked. I would appreciate any and all information in terms of Visiting. I know that no hoods are allowed but can we wear red. Red was a no no at Corcoran but allowed at Tehachapi. How are the vending machines (Tehachapi's was always broken and empty). What's the overall atmosphere like in visiting and the inmates program. Thanks in advance. What time should I arrive in the AM to line up. Im not trying to sleep in my car Thanks yall !!!!
welcome welcome welcome future fellow chuckie chick!
i've never had a problem wearing a hood before - though i suppose it depends on what co is checking. red is fine NO BLUE JEANS! black jeans are ok - but there has to be no question that they are black - or you'll have to change. i always brought a change of clothes anyway just in case something happened ya know? no plain white or grey shirts/sweathshirts - they have to have some kind of writing on them. blue is ok if it's a "weird" blue - like teal or turquoise, etc. no denim jackets or hats , no limit on jewelry, and sandals depend on who's checking - it's suppose to be that there's a strap on them - but i've seen girls get away without them and just wear regular flip flops, again, just depends on the co. we line up in a car line (you'll see it off the side of the road)that starts moving at 7:30 am to go get trunks and id.s checked. it gets long, but most of it is made up of the isp girls (hi ladies ). after you get that checked you go into the parking lot and get into another line outside and then go into the processing building at 8am (you get your number when you're walking in). when i go with my fellow chuckie chick (shout out to robbie'sgirl ) we get there EARLY and get a good number. vending machines are alright - i mean its vending machine food - hehe, i like those mini empanadas hehe. i put a thread about vending machine food up a few months ago so maybe you can check that out. you can bring 30 dollars for food- unless its increased since jan (that's the last time i got to go) singles and quarters - i use to bring 5s but last time i went there was a flyer saying not to anymore - i don't know if that was just on fyard or for the other one's as well. i'm sure some of the other ladies on here can give more info on the vending machine food situation and visiting environment. depends on the yard and who's over there watching and what's going on. i can't recall having heard any visiting horror stories though...heh, definitely not like what i was hearing when he was over at nksp for reception - blaaaah. anyway oh! you can bring extra money for the $2 photo ducets too.
what else what else what else...i'm sure there's more..just ask questions - this is a wonderful community of gals who are full of knowledge and info and ready to help out. and you can always call - chuckies too - i was suprised how helpful everyone who i've talked to over there has been.

i hope this helps!
welcome again!!!
brandi

Old 03-03-2008, 03:06 PM

Mystic...THANK YOU SO MUCH. I actually thought my husband was going to transfer to Chuckies last October BUT
he was sent to Tehachapi. I have been following the ISP/Chuckie thread since then and I have to tell you...this thread is the BEST. My husband has been through the system (quite a few prisons) during his time down and I have visited alot of the forums but the girls here really stick together. Im definitely not a "newbie" to this prison thingy but you know how it is when your husband transfers.....you gotta start all over again. Thank you again for all of the information. It was EXACTLY what I was looking for. Peace.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:23 AM

no problem! just glad i can help out - we all need it. yea, this is a really great community and there's two different places on here in one - it's nice that the isp and chuckie girls can come together and get along and gain much needed support in the process. ask whatever questions you need to - someone on here will know something or at least point you in the right direction to more info

Old 10-08-2008, 02:49 PM

Default Hi I'm new to CVSP

My cousin was transfered to CVSP and my family and I plan to visit this month for his birthday. Do they make appointments at this prison? Any information would greatly be appreciated regarding how things work there. Do they have friday visiting? I've been to PVSP so I assume the dress code Is pretty standard.

Thanks In Advance,
Sheila

Last edited by Sheila28; 10-08-2008 at 02:56 PM.. Reason: forgot something
Old 10-08-2008, 10:35 PM
Donation Award 

Hi Sheila28! Welcome to Chuckie's!!

The dress code is the standard for California, although they lean more towards the lax side instead of the strict side at CVSP. I've had to go change clothes once, though, but I've seen a lot of things get through that wouldn't get through at CCI (where they seemed to have quite a few dress code rules that weren't on the CDCR website).

There's a lot of good information in the sticky by William'sBaby in the top section of this forum. There's also a thread that was started by Kisstina a few months ago that had a lot of questions and answers, and one of the Chit-Chat threads had a few new people with quite a few questions and answers, probably around August or September.

Visiting is Saturdays and Sundays only, plus the 5 or so holidays approved by the state. No appointments necessary. They start letting cars through the gates about 8:00 AM and depending on where you are in line, you can get processed through as early as about 8:30 and the inmate could be to the visiting room by 8:45 to 9:00. You can stay all the way through until 2:30, when they start emptying the visiting room. There's an outdoor patio area attached to an indoor visiting room, and plenty of vending machines. In the visiting room I've been to (for A and B yards), they usually restock some of the vending machines partway through the day (but I wouldn't depend on that, just in case they don't - my first time there, they ran out of bottled water).

Just a suggestion from experience. If it's hot out there, I stop at the vending machine in the visiting office before going back out to my car to drive home and get a cold bottle of water, since whatever I have in the car is pretty warm by then.

The temperatures are getting nicer out there, compared to the last few months. Do you have any idea what weekend you'll be going? At this point, I'm planning to go on the 18th.

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Romans 12:12

Old 10-09-2008, 01:33 PM

Thank you his servant. So there are no appointments at all, or you dont have to make them? My cousins birthday is October 25th.

Old 10-09-2008, 04:58 PM
Donation Award 

No appointments at all - just show up and enjoy your visit.

Old 10-11-2008, 08:23 PM
Donation Award 

Welcome to CVSP aka Chuckie forum Sheila!

These ladies are awesome they will take good care of you!

Blessings, Ally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheila28 View Post
My cousin was transfered to CVSP and my family and I plan to visit this month for his birthday. Do they make appointments at this prison? Any information would greatly be appreciated regarding how things work there. Do they have friday visiting? I've been to PVSP so I assume the dress code Is pretty standard.

Thanks In Advance,
Sheila
Old 10-12-2008, 06:33 PM

Welcome to chuckie"s house!!!!
Old 10-13-2008, 07:27 PM
Donation Award 

One thing I don't know if I've mentioned in any of the threads that you might have read is that when you get off the 10 freeway coming from LA, exiting at Wiley's Well Road, the prison is to the right (look for the long sets of palm trees lining the road), but if you turn left, there's a rest area that's good for taking a break, changing clothes, etc if you want a break for a few minutes before you go on to the prison. As far as rest area restrooms go, it's not too bad. (There's also a trailer at CVSP with extra clothes you can borrow, in case you get there and they don't let something in.)

Old 10-15-2008, 11:20 AM

Thanks everyone!

Old 01-04-2009, 06:07 PM
~♥~Loyalty Is Key~♥~

Welcome to chuckies ! wishing you all the best!
Old 01-04-2009, 06:30 PM
~♥~Loyalty Is Key~♥~

Smile New Girl on the block!

My man has been in CVSP since june of 07 and I have gone to see him once! I am new to PTO and looking for the ever needed support! Being by his side for this term is proving to be harder than I thought! I love my baby more than ever and I will be at his side through the tests of time! Yet every girl needs a little support and I'm not afraid to ask 4 it ya know! Plus it would be nice to talk with people going through some of the same bs as me! Thanx and Good luck to all you out there in the CVSP world and good luck to all our loved ones inside the walls!
Old 01-04-2009, 06:54 PM

Welcome to CVSP!!
Old 01-04-2009, 06:56 PM

Welcome to CVSP
Old 01-04-2009, 08:41 PM
Donation Award 

Welcome to Chuckie's, and I'm glad you found us at PTO! Little by little, we're getting a few more of us posting on here. One of these times, I'm going to remember to take a PTO flyer and see if they'll post it in the Visiting Office.

Which yard is your man in, if you don't mind my asking? (If you do mind, then forget I ever asked! ) We're glad to have you here, wherever he is!

Old 01-04-2009, 11:54 PM

Welcome to PTO!! Looks like your man is on B or A yard (from the background on your pics) ohhhh do i know the background too much!!! We need a new one!!!!
Old 01-04-2009, 11:57 PM

Welcome welcome welcome!!!!
Old 01-05-2009, 08:25 AM
~♥~Loyalty Is Key~♥~

Hes on B yard! I dont mind questions yet there are somethings I wont answer!
Old 01-05-2009, 10:34 AM

mines on B too! What building is he in??

i hear ya on the "somethings i wont answer" i think we all feel that way!!!

Some things arent any of anyone else's business!!!
Old 01-05-2009, 02:36 PM
~♥~Loyalty Is Key~♥~

My oldman is being paranoid guess it comes with the convict pkg ya know! Look guess I'm a little paranoid too he asked me not to disclose his exact location and I worry alot I know that no one is safe in prison and the only thing I can do is worry! I realy like CVSP because it's the safest place he's been so he says. It seems pretty laid back and calm from what I'm told! I don't see the risk in saying where he is but he asked and I respect his wishes for whatever reasoning he has at the momment! I think I saw you at visiting in october I was there around the 26th! You just look familiar! I agree there are things that are just for you to know in any situation! I am so looking forward to getting to know all of you in the chuckies pto world! Thanks for all the welcomes!

Last edited by Beautiful~mama; 01-05-2009 at 03:07 PM..
Old 01-05-2009, 03:35 PM

no worries grl......robbies the same way with pretty much 99% of his info...lol....i dont think i was out there that weekend. But oct was a long time ago for me so i could be wrong. i might have been out there. Chuckies, is pretty laid back. Especially on B.....hardly anything ever happens, and if it does, its all low key. Maybe when you head out there again, i will be there. All the ladies here are awesome!
Old 01-05-2009, 04:19 PM
Account Closed

Hi there. Welcome here. I'm sure you will meet some of the girls from PTO. Because if I can met them, I am sure you will meet them too hahahah
Old 01-05-2009, 05:34 PM
~♥~Loyalty Is Key~♥~

Robbiesgrl,
Glad you understand I realy don't want to offend any one! I talked to neil he said theres some one named Rob in his building not that that means much common name that one is! I'm gonna be at chiuckies on 2/14/09 for that visiting wknd maybe I'll see you there. I dont get to visit much being like 900 miles away but I do my best!

Last edited by Beautiful~mama; 01-05-2009 at 05:39 PM..