Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Centinela State Prison (CEN) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centinela State Prison (CEN) - California Topic and discussion specific to Centinela State Prison in Imperial, California.

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 10:51 AM

Hello ladies!! Can anyone let me know is there a yard at Cent that is going or is 270 SNY?? My man heard that this may be happening.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2012, 01:59 PM
TriCky'sWif33

what is that?
Old 07-09-2012, 02:07 PM

SNY is special needs yard.. Also known as a PC yard. The 270 refers to the prison design.

From wiki:

The "180" design is considered the "most secure prison design" because it "gives control-booth officers a straight-on look at prisoners." In contrast, the "270" design "with portions of the house reaching back behind the blind side of the booth" is considered less secure.
The Following User Says Thank You to jenilynn For This Useful Post:
PrincessSinohui (07-10-2012)
Old 07-09-2012, 11:13 PM
Banned

270 and converting to all level III except for the camp which is level I. No SNY.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meandmy2gurlz View Post
270 and converting to all level III except for the camp which is level I. No SNY.
Thank you!! I appreciate the info
The Following User Says Thank You to jenilynn For This Useful Post:
meandmy2gurlz (07-10-2012)
Old 09-24-2012, 07:17 PM
Hold On We're Coming Home

Hi ladies!! Just got transferred, wanted to stop by and say and say hello! If it's not too much trouble I have many questions (as you can imagine) if anyone can help me out i'd really appreciate it! Thanks so much!!
Old 10-06-2012, 10:51 AM

Hello everyone! My husband just transferred here and I was wondering how long it will be until I can visit him?? Is there a number I can call to get more information?? anything helps... Thanks so much!!
Old 10-06-2012, 03:58 PM

Hello everyone

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a service where inmates can call to our cell phones? I know GTL does it but I believe it's complicated. I've been told the cell phone has to be under my name, which it isn't, so I was wondering if any of you knew of something else? Any info would be appreciated. My boyfriend has been here at Centinela for so long and I haven't been able to talk to him though I'd love to talk to him at least once in a while. Please and thank you
Old 10-11-2012, 01:56 AM

Hi ladies... So my husband just got there last Friday and I called on Monday (10/8) and was able to schedule an appointment to visit for this weekend... She didn't ask any questions so I didn't want to test my luck and verify that he's able to get visits. At the last prison they wouldnt even make an appointment if inmates arent eligible... Does anyone know if they deny you over the phone if they are not allowed to have visits? Or do I need to call a different number to check his status? Will I have I get reapproved?? I was so excited because i thought id be able to see him this weekend but now I'm not sure Any information helps, thank you!
Old 10-11-2012, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksop28 View Post
Hi ladies... So my husband just got there last Friday and I called on Monday (10/8) and was able to schedule an appointment to visit for this weekend... She didn't ask any questions so I didn't want to test my luck and verify that he's able to get visits. At the last prison they wouldnt even make an appointment if inmates arent eligible... Does anyone know if they deny you over the phone if they are not allowed to have visits? Or do I need to call a different number to check his status? Will I have I get reapproved?? I was so excited because i thought id be able to see him this weekend but now I'm not sure Any information helps, thank you!
When my hubby got there last month I called and asked about visiting too. They told me if hes still on orientation you'll get a 1hr behind glass visit. So they are allowed visits just not contact. You shouldnt have to reapply to visit him. Your application is good for at least 2yrs.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j&ds

When my hubby got there last month I called and asked about visiting too. They told me if hes still on orientation you'll get a 1hr behind glass visit. So they are allowed visits just not contact. You shouldnt have to reapply to visit him. Your application is good for at least 2yrs.
Oh ok, thanks so much!!! I appreciate it
Old 10-11-2012, 09:04 PM
D&B forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvlyjessi View Post
Hello everyone

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a service where inmates can call to our cell phones? I know GTL does it but I believe it's complicated. I've been told the cell phone has to be under my name, which it isn't, so I was wondering if any of you knew of something else? Any info would be appreciated. My boyfriend has been here at Centinela for so long and I haven't been able to talk to him though I'd love to talk to him at least once in a while. Please and thank you
The only way is through GTL. My phone isnt under my name either. It's under my moms. So I just had her do it. And send the bill that is under her name.

Old 10-12-2012, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvlyjessi View Post
Hello everyone

Of course there is a service. ill pm you the information.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksop28 View Post
Hey girl.. They will not tell you he has a non contact visit until you get there. They will only let you see him behind glass if they have room. Depending on if someone shows up for there window appointment. That happen to me and i went to go see him and they made me wait 6 hrs! They only let me see him because someone did not show up for there appointment. If you go tell them you want to wait... and if someone doesn't show then you will at least get a little bit of time. It may not be the full hour but hey its something right?
Old 10-12-2012, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeplyLoved

Hey girl.. They will not tell you he has a non contact visit until you get there. They will only let you see him behind glass if they have room. Depending on if someone shows up for there window appointment. That happen to me and i went to go see him and they made me wait 6 hrs! They only let me see him because someone did not show up for there appointment. If you go tell them you want to wait... and if someone doesn't show then you will at least get a little bit of time. It may not be the full hour but hey its something right?
oh wow, good to now! Thanks so much... So my appointment doesn't count for non contact?? I guess if anything this weekend will at least give me a feel for what I'm going to be dealing with the next few years. Are they strict with shirts being up to the collarbones? And your definitely right something is always better than nothing so ill be ready for whatever happens this weekend. Thanks again!!
Old 12-13-2012, 02:36 PM

Default Hi ladies

My husband just got to centinela & he is in C-3 .
I would like any info in visiting .
Thanks in advance .

Sent from i love my bullet PrisonTalk
Old 12-13-2012, 03:24 PM

So I called the prison to make ab appointment and they gave me one for sunday at 9:00 and I asked if I was going to get a regular contact visit & she said yes. I am confused because he just got there and she said he is in general pop. But I dont want to go for nothing :/

Old 12-14-2012, 12:56 AM
Young'z ♥ For Eternity ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMyBullet18 View Post
So I called the prison to make ab appointment and they gave me one for sunday at 9:00 and I asked if I was going to get a regular contact visit & she said yes. I am confused because he just got there and she said he is in general pop. But I dont want to go for nothing :/

It took my husband 3 weeks to get classified and cleared for contact visits...
I had too made a appt before all that happened and had to behind the glass when I got there and it took me over 3hrs to get my visit because adseg gets priority over non contact! and that was just two weeks ago!
However that is only my experience maybe other girls here can tell you different... hope this helps!

The Dream That At First Seems Impossible Is The Only Dream That Survives!!

Old 12-14-2012, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young'z_Ladii
It took my husband 3 weeks to get classified and cleared for contact visits...
I had too made a appt before all that happened and had to behind the glass when I got there and it took me over 3hrs to get my visit because adseg gets priority over non contact! and that was just two weeks ago!
However that is only my experience maybe other girls here can tell you different... hope this helps!
Thanks for the info, Im going to take the risk for at least a non contact I really need to talk to him

Old 12-15-2012, 08:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMyBullet18 View Post

It will be window until he is classified. There is no set amount of time they will let you stay it just depends on how many adseg appts there are. You could get. Short visit or long. It takes a few weeks for them to be classified. Try to go early if it is not busy they will let you in b4 ur time and you will get more time with him before adseg appts start.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meandmy2gurlz

It will be window until he is classified. There is no set amount of time they will let you stay it just depends on how many adseg appts there are. You could get. Short visit or long. It takes a few weeks for them to be classified. Try to go early if it is not busy they will let you in b4 ur time and you will get more time with him before adseg appts start.
Thanks
I went yesterday it was a pretty smooth process , it was non-contact but it was so worth it the c.o gave me 3 hrs so im happy