Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Centinela State Prison (CEN) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centinela State Prison (CEN) - California Topic and discussion specific to Centinela State Prison in Imperial, California.

Old 12-11-2012, 10:09 AM
5'3 High And Rising

Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 5,642 Times in 2,921 Posts
Default Centinela State Prison Visitation & Dress Code Thread

If it's about visiting, dress code or visiting approval it goes here. This thread is for INFO, Q&A ONLY.

2012 Link Here

Last edited by pj663; 12-11-2012 at 10:23 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2013, 11:09 AM

Default Visiting

By looking at the past posts, I was wondering do you have to make an appointment for all the yards?
Old 02-06-2013, 08:58 PM
True Love Waits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodys#1Lady View Post
By looking at the past posts, I was wondering do you have to make an appointment for all the yards?
Yes, unless u plan to walk-in @ 11:15......
Old 02-07-2013, 11:14 AM

Ladies

It's Been A Few Years That I've Been Here & I'm Sure There's Been Some Changes, Few ?'s, How Far In Advance Do U Have To Make An Appointment For Visit Like, Dress Code Is It Pretty Much The Same, Pictures Do They Buy The Tickets Or Do We.

Again Thanks In Advance

Old 02-07-2013, 06:53 PM
True Love Waits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perez1 View Post
Ladies

It's Been A Few Years That I've Been Here & I'm Sure There's Been Some Changes, Few ?'s, How Far In Advance Do U Have To Make An Appointment For Visit Like, Dress Code Is It Pretty Much The Same, Pictures Do They Buy The Tickets Or Do We.

Again Thanks In Advance
Appts: 2 weeks in advance, ex: 5810 M, Tu & Th 10am-2pm
They buy the duckets.
Dress Code has been a little more liberal of late, but that all depends on who checks you on any given day! Dress conservatively, & you will be ok!
Old 05-23-2013, 08:12 PM

Question Minor consent form?

i dont even know if im doin this right but does anyone know if the minor consent form has to be from centinela or can it just be any type of minor consent form... please if someone can let me know cuz its a 7 1/2 hr trip from here and I dont wanna get all the way there & get refused cuz i dont have the right form... thanx
Old 05-24-2013, 12:40 AM

Question Dress Code

I'm gonna be visiting soon & I'm scared to death. I live in Vegas..(hella far!) There are soooo many restrictions on what not to wear I'm so confused as to what I can. Not this color and so on?

Can anyone give an example? It will be my first visit and I wanted to be kinda sexy without getting in trouble or turned away.
Old 05-24-2013, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarianik View Post
I'm gonna be visiting soon & I'm scared to death. I live in Vegas..(hella far!) There are soooo many restrictions on what not to wear I'm so confused as to what I can. Not this color and so on?

Can anyone give an example? It will be my first visit and I wanted to be kinda sexy without getting in trouble or turned away.

honey i hate to tell you cdc dont let us be sexy... haha... the sexiest ive ever been was in the long shirts, a thick strapped tank top, and cute sandles.... but i got lucky with the the tank... since its your 1st time keep it simple black is your best friend!!! he'll just be sooooooo happy to see you and you'll be sexy in what ever your in to him you feel me? just remember no underwires!!! take like 5 pairs of clothes depending who processes you you might have to change no tight pants, see through shirts, low cut shirts, good luck girly
Old 05-24-2013, 01:59 AM
LyttleGyrl

Question

My husband was transferred here about a month ago and he sent me a visiting form so I can reapply to see him. I was previously disapproved because I have 2 felonies from Dec of 2011 both felonies are for for checks. My husband talked to the warden here at Centinela about the situation and she told him for me to submiit the form back along with any other documentation about my felonies and a letter describing the offenses.has anyone ever had to do this before? Or can anyone help me as far as knowing what to say or write
Old 05-24-2013, 02:07 AM
17 Yrs"Thru Thick & Thin"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEES_LUVLEE View Post
i dont even know if im doin this right but does anyone know if the minor consent form has to be from centinela or can it just be any type of minor consent form... please if someone can let me know cuz its a 7 1/2 hr trip from here and I dont wanna get all the way there & get refused cuz i dont have the right form... thanx
I had an extra one from Calipatria that I had given another girl at Centinela and she used it..The one I had from Calipat wasn't even Letter Headed for Calipat..But just call visiting to be on the safe side..
Proverbs 18:22
"He who finds a WIFE, finds a GOOD THING."

"I'm His GOOD THING" "GOD said it!" and "He KNOWS it" ....
Old 05-24-2013, 02:28 AM
17 Yrs"Thru Thick & Thin"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielandDamien View Post
My husband was transferred here about a month ago and he sent me a visiting form so I can reapply to see him. I was previously disapproved because I have 2 felonies from Dec of 2011 both felonies are for for checks. My husband talked to the warden here at Centinela about the situation and she told him for me to submiit the form back along with any other documentation about my felonies and a letter describing the offenses.has anyone ever had to do this before? Or can anyone help me as far as knowing what to say or write
Resubmit it and send the Minute Orders of your case or cases along with your Visitor Application and a brief letter about your case and what the outcome of it was..And I would send them Attn:Visiting Sgt and I would also send copies to the Warden...I know the Visiting Sgt had told me that Convictions for Felonies,(Non Violent,)had to be over a year..Call the Visiting Sgt...
Proverbs 18:22
"He who finds a WIFE, finds a GOOD THING."

"I'm His GOOD THING" "GOD said it!" and "He KNOWS it" ....

Last edited by S4L; 05-24-2013 at 02:30 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to S4L For This Useful Post:
DanielandDamien (05-24-2013)
Old 05-24-2013, 03:07 AM
LyttleGyrl

Smile

Thank you for your help do you happen to have the vi:siting sgt number close by? Or can you tell me where I might find it. Thank you again so much
Dz*Light (07-03-2014)
Old 05-29-2013, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S4L View Post
I had an extra one from Calipatria that I had given another girl at Centinela and she used it..The one I had from Calipat wasn't even Letter Headed for Calipat..But just call visiting to be on the safe side..
thanx.... i know it even depends on who's in processing if they wanna be asses or not smh....
Old 06-27-2013, 12:02 PM

dress code question? has anyone ever put their son in white beaters or in basketball jerseys? im coming 7 hrs and i just wanna figure out what to put on my son since its super hot over there
Old 06-28-2013, 03:12 PM

Can't wear plain white shirts...no wife beaters either. Basketball jersey I think would be fine and some shorts. It's supposed to be really hot this weekend.
Old 06-29-2013, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by betmichele View Post
can't wear plain white shirts...no wife beaters either. Basketball jersey i think would be fine and some shorts. It's supposed to be really hot this weekend.
thanx... I know he said it was stupid hot i'll be there next weekend... Can u layer? Like if i put a shirt under a jersey he's only 8 months... But then again it is cdc haha
Old 06-29-2013, 08:21 AM

Thanked 2,277 Times in 1,619 Posts

How is visiting like there? How soon can you visit once someone gets there? My guy moved Friday morning. I have an appt for next weekend. Thanks!
Old 06-30-2013, 02:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachhouse View Post
How is visiting like there? How soon can you visit once someone gets there? My guy moved Friday morning. I have an appt for next weekend. Thanks!
If he is not classified you can still visit but behind glass. Once he is classified which takes about 2 weeks you will be good for contact.
Old 06-30-2013, 02:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
thanx.... i know it even depends on who's in processing if they wanna be asses or not smh....
The minor authorization doesnt have to be on letterhead or anything fancy. I have taken handwritten ones in that just say i have person to take child to visit inmate at ca state prison and it has to be notarized. Along with birth certificate.
Old 06-30-2013, 02:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
thanx... I know he said it was stupid hot i'll be there next weekend... Can u layer? Like if i put a shirt under a jersey he's only 8 months... But then again it is cdc haha
Yes u can put shirt under his jersey. Layering is allowed now at Centinela.
Old 07-01-2013, 03:59 PM

Thanked 2,277 Times in 1,619 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by meandmy2gurlz

If he is not classified you can still visit but behind glass. Once he is classified which takes about 2 weeks you will be good for contact.
Thank you. He's still listed at the old location not a new one. Should I just call and check?
Old 07-02-2013, 11:42 AM

I saw some things last weekend that folks had on that I never thought would get through processing i.e.-skinny jeans and tank tops.....(D yard)
Old 07-02-2013, 12:08 PM
Banned

They have been letting skinny jeans in as long as they are not real tight. As far as tank tops from what i know they width of the top at the shoulders has to be I think 2 inches wide. If you use your ID it has to be atleast that wide.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:46 PM

does anyone know if visitation will be canceled for the weekend of 7/13/13 due to the hunger strike?
Old 07-12-2013, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenniejen2611 View Post
does anyone know if visitation will be canceled for the weekend of 7/13/13 due to the hunger strike?
I'm signed up for updates with VPASS and got an email yesterday that said that A, B, C, D, and E will have normal program for this weekend.
The Following User Says Thank You to kimone2004 For This Useful Post:
BetMichele (07-12-2013)