Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Centinela State Prison (CEN) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centinela State Prison (CEN) - California Topic and discussion specific to Centinela State Prison in Imperial, California.

Old 05-09-2013, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj663 View Post
I use to stay at the Howard Johnson Motel it's nice, clean and the prices are pretty cool dont know how much has changed since 2008 but it's was nice at that time. Everything is local places to eat, Walmart, etc.
thanx how far is it from the prison?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2013, 07:37 PM
Banned

Holiday Inn or Marriott. I prefer Mariott the breakfast is better and its in the mall parking lot and where all the resturants are at. They both run about $100 Those 2 are the nicest places to stay out there. I stayed once at Vacation Inn and it was horrible. You get what u pay for.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meandmy2gurlz View Post
Holiday Inn or Marriott. I prefer Mariott the breakfast is better and its in the mall parking lot and where all the resturants are at. They both run about $100 Those 2 are the nicest places to stay out there. I stayed once at Vacation Inn and it was horrible. You get what u pay for.
lmao i know what your talkin about.... yea i see all these cheap 1s & im like hmmm? & i told my man man u got me in mexico & in the ghetto haha.. he's all shut up & get ur ass down here... man i aint tryin to get bit up or end up at bait's hotel you feel me haha thanx girly
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DEES_LUVLEE For This Useful Post:
Aquarianik (05-27-2013), meandmy2gurlz (05-14-2013)
Old 05-18-2013, 07:51 PM
TruLuvStoryNeverEnds

Well im no newbie to this, but like a few lady loves from centinela know that me and the mister have had our ups and more downs in this journey. But here we go again, going another round. Love just dont let us break free from eachother. Ive been doing this too many years and it still doesnt sit well enough for me to make it a routine anyway, i relocated to arizona to see whats up over here. Los angeles just got too krazy for me and i needa focus on me and my man if i want it to work. So heres to our new beginings.... To my o.g ladys of centinela, immm baaack lol. Keep in touch. Walk tall ladies. One love
c/r brown royalty
Redronni (01-24-2014)
Old 05-27-2013, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEES_LUVLEE View Post
Hey ladies when you guys go and visit where do you stay? Where are the closest hotel/motels from the prison? And about how much are the rooms around there? If anyone can please let me know thanx....
I always stay at the residence inn or fairfield near the mall depending on availability. The cost is about $100 give or take it's very clean as they are part of the Marriott chain. It's about a 15 minute drive in the opposite direction of the prison but very convenient for entertaining yourself because there's access to shopping, movies and restaurants.
Old 05-27-2013, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimone2004 View Post
I have a question about appointments for visiting. I visit a facility right now that does not require appointments. I fly in from North Carolina and just show up at 8 am on visitng day. My guy is being transfered to Centinela this week. I am concerned that I will not be able to get an appointment by calling that number. I book my flights MONTHS in advance and i visit every 3 months. What if I book my flights this month and try to get an appointment 2 weeks before my travel date in June and can't get it? I read I can walk up, but since I'm coming from NC, I'd like to have the full visit. Is there someone I can talk to about setting up appointments further in advance than 2 weeks?
You should check the visitation handbook because I recall an understanding that if you travel over so many hundreds of miles, you won't get your visits cancelled. Your best bet is to be sure to call two weeks prior to your visit and request the appt. you want. I visit one of the busiest yard and I visit sporadically as of late but I have never had a problem scheduling via telephone. Good Luck!!!!
Old 05-27-2013, 11:19 PM

Visits must be 6 months apart for your visitation to not be terminated early, when traveling hundreds of miles.....that's how it was last year anywayz.
Forever&aDay (06-08-2013)
Old 05-28-2013, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvinDre4Life View Post
Visits must be 6 months apart for your visitation to not be terminated early, when traveling hundreds of miles.....that's how it was last year anywayz.
I did some checking.
Title 15 actually states both:
(A) Excessive Distance: The visitor has traveled a distance of
250 miles or more, and has not visited within the last 30 days. This
exception applies to two consecutive days of visiting.
(E) Infrequent Visits: When the visitor has not visited the inmate
in the last six months
The Following User Says Thank You to kimone2004 For This Useful Post:
Forever&aDay (06-08-2013)
Old 05-29-2013, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever&aDay View Post
I always stay at the residence inn or fairfield near the mall depending on availability. The cost is about $100 give or take it's very clean as they are part of the Marriott chain. It's about a 15 minute drive in the opposite direction of the prison but very convenient for entertaining yourself because there's access to shopping, movies and restaurants.
thanx yea since im comin soooo far im gonna make a weekend thing out of it & my honeys all nervous cuz it will just be our 7 month old & myself so he wants us to be somewhere clean & safe thanx
Old 06-09-2013, 12:53 PM

My honey just got his bus ticket to go to Centi in the next few weeks... If any D yard ladies have the full 411 please pm me. Ide like to text if possible. Thanks!
Old 06-14-2013, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinupdoll View Post
My honey just got his bus ticket to go to Centi in the next few weeks... If any D yard ladies have the full 411 please pm me. Ide like to text if possible. Thanks!
Welcome to centinela....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DEES_LUVLEE For This Useful Post:
chinupdoll (06-18-2013), Redronni (01-24-2014)
Old 06-15-2013, 05:10 PM
We are what we think.

Hi. New here. Wondering if D Yard is a SNY?
Old 06-15-2013, 07:23 PM
Banned

Yes D yard is SNY.
Old 06-15-2013, 07:53 PM
We are what we think.

Thanks for your quick reply. Are there any other SN yards at Centinela? I am assuming that D yard would be the only one.

Courage doesn't always roar.
Old 06-27-2013, 04:31 PM

Thanked 2,277 Times in 1,619 Posts

So today we were to my guy is endorsed to centinela but he wasn't told when. He is level 3 any can anyone give me some info. We've never been anywhere but where he is now so we are nervous and hopeful. Thanks for the info.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:07 PM

Hello my BFF just got moved Centinela... I call to find out his housing and was told A 1 umbrella.. okay what is this umbrella.. I asked but was told just put it U on his address.. please does anyone know
Old 07-10-2013, 05:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessesbro View Post
Hello my BFF just got moved Centinela... I call to find out his housing and was told A 1 umbrella.. okay what is this umbrella.. I asked but was told just put it U on his address.. please does anyone know
I think it means hes in A1 and he sleeps on top bunk. BTW... Welcome to Centinela =) My husband is also in A yard.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:25 PM

thanks so much also how long before he will be able to call any idea
Old 07-10-2013, 08:12 PM
Banned

He cant call Til he is classified usually 2 weeks. You can visit but it will be window visit til he is classified.
Old 07-11-2013, 04:01 PM

thanks for the info .. in these 2weeks can I write him .. can he write me
Old 08-15-2013, 10:59 AM

Hi ladies I believe my husband was just transferred here from Calipatria
how do I set up the phone calls (is it global tel link)
How soon can they call?
Idk if he is still in the shu (so what yard that)
How soon can we visit do we set it up thru vpass
thanks everyone for your help

Last edited by Stevenjoanna06; 08-15-2013 at 11:00 AM..
Old 08-18-2013, 07:16 PM

Hello, My bf got transfered from Wasco to Centinela last week. He called from a cell phone and so I've talked to him already. But how do I set up phone calls? He's been classified already so I'll be driving down there this upcoming weekend. ** Happy dance**
Old 09-03-2013, 12:46 PM
Wife of Inmate

Question New here, I was wondering about the programs

Hello,
I have a question about the programs offered to inmates at this prison. My fiancé is going to put in a request to be transferred closer to me, he told me to pick where I want him! That’s a lot of pressure, so far I like everything I’ve read and researched on this one. It sounds a lot nicer than some of the other places.
My question is the CDCR website states that the inmates are offered theses types of programs:
Inmate Programs:
  • Vocational: Electrical, Office Services/Related Technologies (OFRT), Masonry, Building Maintenance, Small Engine Repair, Auto Body, Auto Mechanics, Electronics and Welding.
  • Academic: Adult Basic Education (ABE1,ABE II), GED Independent Study and Literacy Lab.
  • Other: Service Crews, Religious programs for all Faiths, Bicycle Refurbishing Program for local children, Alternatives to Violence Programs,Alcoholics/Narcotics Anonymous, Creative Conflict Resolution Workshops, Life Without a Crutch Workshops, Cage Your Rage Workshops, Kairos Christian Fellowship and TUMI Discipleship Program.
Is this true? If so is it only offered to certain inmates and whom? My fiancé was at LAC and their page says they offer yoga there. I told him he should try it, he laughed and laughed. He said there is no yoga there, if there was he would have, just to give himself something to do.
How do your guy’s compare this place? How do you like it?
Old 09-05-2013, 05:42 PM
Banned

As far as vocational classes it depends on what yard they land on. They all offer different stuff. They do have collage courses my husband is taking 2 classes and i paid a lil over $400 for 2 books its thru coastline and the inmates family is responsible for all costs.
Old 09-08-2013, 08:43 AM
Wife of Inmate

Quote:
Originally Posted by meandmy2gurlz View Post
As far as vocational classes it depends on what yard they land on. They all offer different stuff. They do have collage courses my husband is taking 2 classes and i paid a lil over $400 for 2 books its thru coastline and the inmates family is responsible for all costs.
WOW $400! I called and I was told certain programs on certain yards. The one my guy is interested in is on a yard he would and could never be on.

Just have to tell you though you are awesome for helping your husband better himself in paying so much for school.